Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bellamy saga over? I think so

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 am

Lets be realistic here, if Bellars has been offered £30k from Cardiff, his home town club, who he loves more than anything, those are his words not mine, then he knows that we are taking a massive gamble to get him here. If he got injured a couple of games in then he knows, that sort of money for someone not contributing would hurt the club massively. If he turns that down to earn an extra £20k-30k a week, to play for a spurs or liverpool, then he is no better or worse than any other professional footballer out there, in that he shows himself, to be interested in only one thing, and that is, the money.

My personal thoughts on Bellamy, and his contribution for us last year is that, he is worth no more than £30k a week. Modrich is on £50k at spurs, why Bellamy would be worth as much, god only knows.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:48 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:It's up to Craig. Does he want to go and earn shedloads more money or does he want to play for his hometown club where the fans would idolise him and never forget that he came here when he could have made more money elsewhere.
I would come to Cardiff if I was Craig. The city would never forget it. :ayatollah:

It's not up to him. Have you read the other posts and/or worked his situation out for yourself. Sorry to be so blunt, but how is it up to him to come here if we can't afford his wages? It's nonsense to suggest that Bellamy is the one holding all the cards here. He's not

I dont think money should come into it mate. He's made enough money to be set up for life. This is about more than money, it's about doing something for your hometown and your country. It's about serving your city and doing it proud. Even if we pay him 5 grand a week, he aint gonna starve. He can come round mine for Tea if he's struggling.
He can go into media work after football and earn a good wedge.

Sorry, I disagree completely. Would you do this? I mean, really, in the real world not hypothetically on a football messageboard knowing that you only have a short career that guarantees your wages, which media work doesn't as he hasn't actually got any media work yet. OK, so he's a Cardiff boy but there are plenty of other Cardiff lads who have done exactly the same as him or haven't even played for us

yeah if i had his money i would definatly of done it i bet you he havent touched his wages for years like all the top players they will never spend what theyve earned .it was a chance for him to be a ledgend in his home town all he had to do was walk away from man city :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Probably some useless info but Bellamy was spotted at the Vale Resort leisure club early afternoon today by myself. He was training with ccfc coach physio Sean Connelly??? I know this is the base for the welsh team aswell ccfc but there are no welsh games till septmber 2nd.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 pm

I can honestly say that I am not disappointed.
It will mean money for hopefully for a couple of new players that can play most of the season and there won't be any disharmony in the dressing room due to wages.

He was great the later half of last year and I am pleased that he played for us....but this is a new CCFC where the players stick together and fight for each other.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:04 am

To come here for 30k a week (and have we even come out and said we'd pay it? show me the proof!)
he would be throwing 60k a week down the drain, thats approximately £2.4m FFS!!!

Yes, Bellamy is set for life financially. But why would anyone turn their back on that kind
of money? To get what? 'legendary status' at Cardiff City? He didn't get it after last season.
He was the best player in the division at times, but all to often was struggling with his
knee, so wasnt even OUR best player last year. I'm sure Craig would love to see City go
up, and would love to be part of it. But ask yourselves this.

Why should Craig Bellamy throw £2.4m away, knowing full well that there are millionaire
board members not willing to do the same. Hmmmm, not thought of that have you!

YES, he said he'd only want to play for us, but people say things in the heat of the moment
and regret it later, we all do. But we dont know how much the situation between Craig and
the Club has changed, what has been said, what hasnt been said.

Put it this way, VT is a billionaire with hundreds of times more money than Bellamy, but if
the situation is that Cardiff City are only prepared to invest £30k a week in Bellamy, whilst
at the same time expecting him to give up more than double that every week.....

Not happening is it.

And Do i f**k blame Bellamy