Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy saga over? I think so

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 am

Sorry to keep posting these bellers updates as i for one am getting bored of them now but as i said im privvy to a little bit of info. My contact(a member of craigs family) tells me the club arent willing to exceed £30,000 per week in wages and rightfully so,hes one player and could get injured next week. Man city allowed this scenario last yr by paying the rest of craigs wages but this year they want rid completely and want a fee for craig but Reluctantly they have granted craig a free transfer but obviously craig wants to remain at the same wage level for atleast 2 more seasons and thats where our hope ends. Craigs agent has been speaking to other clubs mainly premiership ones who can afford to pay him the wages, again that rules out most prem teams. Bitterly dissapointed i asked if there was any chance he could return the response was only if craig fails to pass a medical and agree minor details with the club hes chosen. I pushed on the club but he says like some have on here that he will not reveal it till its done, so i lost my rag, prob part of my dissapointment and told him it will be common knowledge by then so f**k off :evil:
all in all to cut that long story short ill stick my neck out and say craig wont be here this season and will be at a prem top 6 club by weekend :(

Re: Bellamy saga over? I think so

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 am

It's not the end of the world if he doesn't come, if City got 30k a week to spend on his wages that will bring in 3 good players. Come on City if Bells is not coming lets move on and get a few more tidy players in :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:18 am

Bellers is a huge gamble on that sort of cash

Spurs would be my guess

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

I know he says that he won't play for anyone else but us, but if we can't afford him or won't pay more than £30k a week, it's unlikely he'll rot in their reserves when he could be playing regular top flight football. Nobody is that foolish

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

It's up to Craig. Does he want to go and earn shedloads more money or does he want to play for his hometown club where the fans would idolise him and never forget that he came here when he could have made more money elsewhere.
I would come to Cardiff if I was Craig. The city would never forget it. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 am

Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:It's up to Craig. Does he want to go and earn shedloads more money or does he want to play for his hometown club where the fans would idolise him and never forget that he came here when he could have made more money elsewhere.
I would come to Cardiff if I was Craig. The city would never forget it. :ayatollah:

It's not up to him. Have you read the other posts and/or worked his situation out for yourself. Sorry to be so blunt, but how is it up to him to come here if we can't afford his wages? It's nonsense to suggest that Bellamy is the one holding all the cards here. He's not

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 am

Not being negative BUT we didnt gain promotion with him last season did we , no guarantee if he does sign . Plus he never made the PFA team so did he really make that much of an impact last season when all things are considered ?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Not being negative BUT we didnt gain promotion with him last season did we , no guarantee if he does sign . Plus he never made the PFA team so did he really make that much of an impact last season when all things are considered ?

Looks like me and you have taken the rose tinted specs off, Martyn

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 am

Where ever craig goes and i hope it,s to us, he his not going to get £90,000 a week wages, no premier club is going to pay him that amount, our only hope is that if he is granted a free transfer as it suggests, then we can pay him £30,000 per week and maybe a signing on fee of say £1 million of the goodwille money, that will take his wages to about £50,000 per week!!!!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:21 am

As much as I'd love him back it's not the end of the world, and we'll save a shedload on wages.
I'm sure he'll be back one day in some capacity :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:25 am

Bellamy has every right to hold out for as close to 90k a week as he
can get. He has a family. His career is almost over. He'll never earn
that sort of money again.

City can and probably will sign three new players on the back of this.

Craig was always going to be a huge gamble, would we sooner have
three 'lesser' players, playing all season, or Bellamy playing ten games
and missing the rest of the season.

We need more players, rather than one special player.

Good luck Craig Bellamy, wherever you go.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 am

craig had 1 brilliant season at man city 2 years ago, that goal he scored at old trafford was world class. he didnt make that big a impact last year for us although he ran his socks off not like some of the other tossers who have now left the club!
30 grand a week would get us 2 or 3 good young championship players
also this league is alot different to the premiership the players dont seem to get the time on the ball like they do in the premiership look at west ham they aint exactly setting the championship alight are they ?? leicester are the same
by the the way craig will be going to liverpool i think :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 am

cityone wrote:Where ever craig goes and i hope it,s to us, he his not going to get £90,000 a week wages, no premier club is going to pay him that amount, our only hope is that if he is granted a free transfer as it suggests, then we can pay him £30,000 per week and maybe a signing on fee of say £1 million of the goodwille money, that will take his wages to about £50,000 per week!!!!

Liverpool will pay it. And what Goodwillie money?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 am

f**k him.

Horrible little c**t anyway... if 30K is not enough to help his HOME city club then he can go f**k himself.

He'll prob want to join his boyhood club....Liverpool.

I'd rather us get a proper TEAM of players not big names!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 am

response was only if craig fails to pass a medical and agree minor details with the club hes chosen.

So what you are saying is we have suddenly became bottom of the list, last choice for Bellamy??? If he can't find another club he might consider us. We are willing to break the bank on someone who will come here if he is not fit enough for other clubs?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:It's up to Craig. Does he want to go and earn shedloads more money or does he want to play for his hometown club where the fans would idolise him and never forget that he came here when he could have made more money elsewhere.

It's not up to him. Have you read the other posts and/or worked his situation out for yourself. Sorry to be so blunt, but how is it up to him to come here if we can't afford his wages? It's nonsense to suggest that Bellamy is the one holding all the cards here. He's not

I dont think money should come into it mate. He's made enough money to be set up for life. This is about more than money, it's about doing something for your hometown and your country. It's about serving your city and doing it proud. Even if we pay him 5 grand a week, he aint gonna starve. He can come round mine for Tea if he's struggling.
He can go into media work after football and earn a good wedge.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:36 am

Well said! That's EXACTLY the point! In my eyes, he changed my mind about him by coming here last season, but to come back (and that's all he has publicly said) would put him on the level of Fred Keenor, Dwyer, Stant, and anyone else who will always be a true Blue Bird!!! :old:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 am

taffyapple wrote:Bellamy has every right to hold out for as close to 90k a week as he
can get. He has a family. His career is almost over. He'll never earn
that sort of money again.

City can and probably will sign three new players on the back of this.

Craig was always going to be a huge gamble, would we sooner have
three 'lesser' players, playing all season, or Bellamy playing ten games
and missing the rest of the season.

We need more players, rather than one special player.

Good luck Craig Bellamy, wherever you go.

My sentiments exactly. Time to move on.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:58 am

Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

I dont think money should come into it mate. He's made enough money to be set up for life. This is about more than money, it's about doing something for your hometown and your country. It's about serving your city and doing it proud. Even if we pay him 5 grand a week, he aint gonna starve. He can come round mine for Tea if he's struggling.

Sorry, I disagree completely. Would you do this? I mean, really, in the real world not hypothetically on a football messageboard knowing that you only have a short career that guarantees your wages, which media work doesn't as he hasn't actually got any media work yet. OK, so he's a Cardiff boy but there are plenty of other Cardiff lads who have done exactly the same as him or haven't even played for us

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 am

stretchmerthyr wrote:

Well said! That's EXACTLY the point! In my eyes, he changed my mind about him by coming here last season, but to come back (and that's all he has publicly said) would put him on the level of Fred Keenor, Dwyer, Stant, and anyone else who will always be a true Blue Bird!!! :old:

Just out of interest, why does Phil Stant fall into the same legendary category as Dwyer and Keenor? He wasn't with us that long and we barely get a mention in his autobigraphy to the best of my knowledge

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
stretchmerthyr wrote:

Just out of interest, why does Phil Stant fall into the same legendary category as Dwyer and Keenor? He wasn't with us that long and we barely get a mention in his autobigraphy to the best of my knowledge

STANTONNA?! Hero to the masses!!(l.o.l.) :old:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:32 am

Strange as this sounds, I never thought I would say this but I am not that disappointed ???

I think in my mind he is not worth the gamble, and wasn't as good as I expected last season.
Also one year older.
Wages would be massive.
I am not sure he would have a positive effect in the dressing room, we have gone away from big egos and have a team, not a load of stars.

Whatever the reason, not the end of the world, and I trust Malky to use the money and put us in a better position than if we had used it all on Bellamy.......

Onwards and Upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:39 am

stretchmerthyr wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
stretchmerthyr wrote:

STANTONNA?! Hero to the masses!!(l.o.l.) :old:

:lol: :lol: Still doesn't answer my question

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 am

So much for him saying,he'd play for free,or at least play for bonuses. Just another greedy player who thinks he's above everyone else. He's not a city man through and through.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am

almaff wrote:So much for him saying,he'd play for free,or at least play for bonuses. Just another greedy player who thinks he's above everyone else. He's not a city man through and through.

Did he actually say that though or did it come from a third party speaking on his behalf?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Sorry, I disagree completely. Would you do this? I mean, really, in the real world not hypothetically on a football messageboard knowing that you only have a short career that guarantees your wages, which media work doesn't as he hasn't actually got any media work yet. OK, so he's a Cardiff boy but there are plenty of other Cardiff lads who have done exactly the same as him or haven't even played for us

Yes, thats what I personally would do. If he makes sound investments with the money he has, he can live like a King for life. If he comes to Cardiff playing for peanuts and helps get us into the prem, he would acheive legendary status, which no amount of money can buy. Some things you cant buy.
The odd bit of Media work here and there for some nice pocket money. He could go into management if he wants.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
almaff wrote:So much for him saying,he'd play for free,or at least play for bonuses. Just another greedy player who thinks he's above everyone else. He's not a city man through and through.

Did he actually say that though or did it come from a third party speaking on his behalf?

He actually said it, theres a thread called "is bellamy a liar" with links to all his interviews and quotes where he states hes only ever playing for MC or CCFC again and he'll def be here next season etc etc, cant link thread im on phone sorry but imo if he gets paid off by MC and we offer a deal and he refuses us and goes elsewhere hes just a money grabbing whore and a blatant liar! If he comes then he really is a city boy! Guess time will tell :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:05 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

He actually said it, theres a thread called "is bellamy a liar" with links to all his interviews and quotes where he states hes only ever playing for MC or CCFC again and he'll def be here next season etc etc, cant link thread im on phone sorry but imo if he gets paid off by MC and we offer a deal and he refuses us and goes elsewhere hes just a money grabbing whore and a blatant liar! If he comes then he really is a city boy! Guess time will tell :ayatollah:

is this the thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57620

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 am

Cheers Tony, ever the helping hand :D :D :D

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Cheers Tony, ever the helping hand :D :D :D

Aways here to help Craig :ayatollah: Up untill yesterday would not have a clue how to bring up topics - but then when you have Claire as your teacher - one soon learns quickly ;)