Marshall, Heaton, Santiago
MacNaughton, Quinn, Hudson, Gerrard, Gyepes, Keinan, Naylor
Whittingham, MacPhail, Blake, Wildig, Taiwo, Evans
Parkin

He’s brought in:

Taylor
Cowie, Gunnarrson, Kiss, Conway, Mason
Earnshaw, Miller, Gestede
(Plus youngsters Ralls and Carter from Farnborough as apprentices.)

Clearly he had to make a priority of getting in strikers, left back and mid-fielders.

From what I’ve seen/heard Mason, Gestede and Ralls seem like very good acquisitions especially for the future.

Taylor, Cowie, Conway and Gunnarrson also very good I reckon – unfortunately Kiss has been injured so hard to say how good he is but Malky obviously rates him.

Miller and Earnshaw are proven goal scorers and at 31 and 30 respectively hopefully have a few good seasons ahead of them. I reckon the jury is still out on whether or not they can be really effective when playing together – time will tell.

Malky has said he wants more players in.

What I’m wondering, given he had to concentrate on mid field and up front to start (plus Left back,) is how he rates the defence. I’ve a feeling that over a period of time (difficult to say how long – depends on money available I guess – but my feeling is not too long) we might well see a completely “new” set of players here compared to those he inherited (with the exception, for me, of Whittingham and MacNaughton.)

Would be interested to read others’ views on this. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malky’s Men?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Mate.

Against West Ham, EIGHT players made their debuts

Of course Malky dont rate what he was left with, only a few of them
still gets a game

Re: Malky’s Men?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:Mate.

Against West Ham, EIGHT players made their debuts

Of course Malky dont rate what he was left with, only a few of them
still gets a game

I might have waffled on a bit in my post - but my main point was that I was wondering how he rates the defenders he inherited.
As i said he obviously had to concentrate on other areas to start - just wondered what others thought about what he might do with the defence. :ayatollah: