Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Attendance

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Where were all our supposed fans at the Huddersfield game? Really piss poor crowd.

Re: Attendance

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 pm

yes but good atmosphere for the size love to see that every game :D

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 pm

6892 very disappointing as the club done a great job regarding ticket prices, When we get a plumb draw next round you watch the rush for them :evil:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Scruffy wrote:yes but good atmosphere for the size love to see that every game :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Scruffy wrote:yes but good atmosphere for the size love to see that every game :D

As good an atmosphere tonight as when we get 20k plus for some games :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 pm

I can't affoard to go all the time dose that make me bad fan would u say?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:03 pm

almaff wrote:Where were all our supposed fans at the Huddersfield game? Really piss poor crowd.

i was there, canton! cracking night fair play! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 am

3 pints,or watch the bluebirds?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 am

almaff wrote:3 pints,or watch the bluebirds?

both :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:57 am

watching the canton do the poznan, and conga made me chuckle...

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:02 am

I think you will find that the fans ther last night,were the die hard genuine fans.
No plastics just real passion and love for your club.
We had a couple of women a few rows in front of me sat clapping the wigan players and wishen them luck before the game warming up ffs.
At first I thought they were wigan fans but they had swans scalfs on.
That's fuckung plastics for you.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:09 pm

swansealad69 wrote:We had a couple of women a few rows in front of me sat clapping the wigan players and wishen them luck before the game warming up ffs.

f*cking hate those type of fans. they are the type who have never been to a game before! :lol:
:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:13 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I think you will find that the fans ther last night,were the die hard genuine fans.
We had a couple of women a few rows in front of me sat clapping the wigan players and wishen them luck before the game warming up ffs.

And again in English... :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:20 pm

I know we didnt have a big crowd last night, but fair play to those who went, cracking atmposhere!!!!!

Just dont know how we cant do that in games where we have 20k+ fans attending the game.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:21 pm

the average attendances for all of last nights games was just over 7000... so we were the same as most clubs,

there were only 3 games that attracted more than 10000 people last night...

it seems as though the carling cup has lost its shine... disapointing really as it does have decentish prize money and offers revenue for the clubs, plus a wembley cup final and possibilites of european football.. :ayatollah:

lets hope we can get more fans through the door if we get a home draw in the next rd ...

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:22 pm

I prefer the FA cup anyway, I love watching the draws for the FA cup. Speaking of draws, whens the draw for the Carling cup?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I prefer the FA cup anyway, I love watching the draws for the FA cup. Speaking of draws, whens the draw for the Carling cup?

Saturday night :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 pm

droopy wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I prefer the FA cup anyway, I love watching the draws for the FA cup. Speaking of draws, whens the draw for the Carling cup?

Saturday night :ayatollah:

Gah I hate waiting. :lol: Cheers :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 pm

literally couldnt spare a tenner...

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 pm

almaff wrote:Where were all our supposed fans at the Huddersfield game? Really piss poor crowd.

As I'm a supposed fan, I would like to say I was working , if that's ok? :roll:

Need to earn monies for the Pompey and Blackpool games see, plus I live in London.

But still, I'd just like to apologise for not being there.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:We had a couple of women a few rows in front of me sat clapping the wigan players and wishen them luck before the game warming up ffs.

f*cking hate those type of fans. they are the type who have never been to a game before! :lol:
:ayatollah:

What a bloody short sighted, sexist,downright stupid remark !!!
Where do you think new fans are meant to come from .....................DUH! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Went with the family and had a real good night - eventually!!

Congrats to all in the Canton Stand you get the atmosphere high and you had us laughing when you started doing the congo

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I think you will find that the fans ther last night,were the die hard genuine fans.

That is awful. The sad thing is there will be quite a few genuine fans (those who cant afford season tickets) missing out because of the band wagon jumpers. Did the atmosphere suffer because of these idiots?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 pm

The atmosphere was ok at times,if we had got that goal we needed it woud have been much better.
It will get better s the season goes,as the plastic twats need time to learn the songs,.
Must say hyms and arias is a good song to sing to be honest ads,I know you think its a rugby song,but its one of them songs that get every one singing.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 pm

The crowd last night was average for every other tie. People got other commitments or just haven't got the finances to go.
Those that went saw a cracking game with a bucket loads of goals. Be happy with that

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The crowd last night was average for every other tie. People got other commitments or just haven't got the finances to go.
Those that went saw a cracking game with a bucket loads of goals. Be happy with that

Wish i had gone. Couldnt go as had family down but i did make it to Oxford in round 1.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:The crowd last night was average for every other tie. People got other commitments or just haven't got the finances to go.

Wish i had gone. Couldnt go as had family down but i did make it to Oxford in round 1.

I didnt go as i was with my Son. But yeah gutted i missed a very good game. But hey thats the way it goes

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 pm

KyleV wrote:

Need to earn monies for the Pompey and Blackpool games see, plus I live in London.

i too live away from cardiff in east sussex, i am a season ticket holder and have been for many a year, i too apologise for not attending last night, i wish i could have but work commitments did not allow me too, i did however follow every minute on 3 different media areas, five live, bbc wales and sky sports.

i have followed city for over 40 years and spent well over £100,000 doing so. does that make me a plastic fan

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 pm

andythomas2 wrote:
KyleV wrote:

i too live away from cardiff in east sussex, i am a season ticket holder and have been for many a year, i too apologise for not attending last night, i wish i could have but work commitments did not allow me too, i did however follow every minute on 3 different media areas, five live, bbc wales and sky sports.

i have followed city for over 40 years and spent well over £100,000 doing so. does that make me a plastic fan

YES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 pm

there were still a few plastics there last nite, playing with their mobile phones all of the game, but was a better laugh with the majority of true supporters. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: