Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NOW THAT REMINDED ME OF THE OLD DAYS "

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Tonight reminded me of the old days, empty stadium/die hard fans, a battling team who never gave up and every player and Malky applauded us at the end, LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

CARDIFF CITY 5 HUDDERSFIELD 3

£10 and £5 to go in.

ROUND 3 CANT COME QUICK ENOUGH :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Really hope the Current board Back Malky with at least 4 more players as tonight Malky showed he can bring the best out of our second team players and youth players and if the first team gets strengthened we will def go places with Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " NOW THAT REMINDED ME OF THE OLD DAYS "

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Took my boy tonight Annis to his first game at the age of 7, He loved it and what an exciting game to start his ccfc life with :D
It reminded me of the old days to as the players never gave in worked their bollocks off and it was great to see.
I think we have found gems in Conway and Cowie as well. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 pm

agreed, fab night all round and well done to the club for £10 tickets

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Took my boy tonight Annis to his first game at the age of 7, He loved it and what an exciting game to start his ccfc life with :D
It reminded me of the old days to as the players never gave in worked their bollocks off and it was great to see.

What a game for him to see on his debut, brilliant stuff, I totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Round 3 for him soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:agreed, fab night all round and well done to the club for £10 tickets

Yes you have to congratulate our club on the prices :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Took my boy tonight Annis to his first game at the age of 7, He loved it and what an exciting game to start his ccfc life with :D

What a game for him to see on his debut, brilliant stuff, I totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Round 3 for him soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Too right he will come to all cup games now as he is our lucky mascot :D

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Throughly enjoyed it, moved about a bit from my usual seat to get a feel for other parts on the ground, and was shocked to find the grandstand had heating in the bar area, f@@k me, the amount of time I've frozen my balls off passing my pint one hand to the other in the Ninian stand! Bloody grandstand yuppies!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:Throughly enjoyed it, moved about a bit from my usual seat to get a feel for other parts on the ground, and was shocked to find the grandstand had heating in the bar area, f@@k me, the amount of time I've frozen my balls off passing my pint one hand to the other in the Ninian stand! Bloody grandstand yuppies!

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Oh and one more thing;
Gutted I couldn't get my camera phone out to film the lads in the Canton doing the conga! Anyone get it?
Last edited by Gavin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 pm

would love to of gone tonight....but having just finished college and no1 willing to hire me i couldnt get the money to even get to the stadium never mind tickets

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Took my 2yr old nephew for his first game tonight , think he enjoyed playing with the seats more than watching the footy, to young to understand yet!. Good first game to introduce him to the city tho. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:58 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Took my 2yr old nephew for his first game tonight , think he enjoyed playing with the seats more than watching the footy, to young to understand yet!. Good first game to introduce him to the city tho. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

But you wont forget to remind him one day that his first City game had 8 goals in it and We Won :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Took my 2yr old nephew for his first game tonight , think he enjoyed playing with the seats more than watching the footy, to young to understand yet!. Good first game to introduce him to the city tho. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

But you wont forget to remind him one day that his first City game had 8 goals in it and We Won :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

haha ye! thought it was gonna be a loss , but the team pulled through. Good effort boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 pm

if 6,000 fans can make that atmosphere, why can't 23,000! Loyal Supporters! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Best amtmosphere this year... would be even better if the swapped the family and canton, but its never going to happen :cry:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:57 pm

it was good that they allowed the fans who wanted to stand and sing to move to the canton aswell

loyal supporters :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

also agree that cowie and conway look outstanding :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:14 am

On CCWorld the crowd sounded louder than it did against Bristol City.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 am

Last season City would have folded at 2-3. Also it seems 7000 Proper supporters made more noise than without 15,000 or so Plastic's. Well done the City!! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 am

Agree, last night was like the old days, anyone fancy Leauge 2 :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 am

I ended up taking my missus my daughter and her boyfriend - all 3 first timers.
I was hoping for a 0-0 bore draw, (yes I know there had to be a result on the night), and zero atmosphere, so the missus would say that she was never going again. And what happens? Well thanks City, thanks very bloody much! Now she wants a frickin season ticket! :shock:

Great game though, and as everyone has said, a real throwback to when it was fun and a real day out at the footie.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:11 am

Agreed, great game.
Glad we pulled through made the lifft back with 3 huddersfield much more pleasant :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:31 am

really wanted to go but my mate needed me for football. gutted now. seems like everyone got their moneys worth. see you all on the pompey bus! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:55 pm

McNaughtyButNice wrote:I ended up taking my missus my daughter and her boyfriend - all 3 first timers.
I was hoping for a 0-0 bore draw, (yes I know there had to be a result on the night), and zero atmosphere, so the missus would say that she was never going again. And what happens? Well thanks City, thanks very bloody much! Now she wants a frickin season ticket! :shock:

Great game though, and as everyone has said, a real throwback to when it was fun and a real day out at the footie.

Can't live with em............ can't kill em :ayatollah: