Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " What has happened to us!!!!? "

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Rarely post on here as don't see the point, but I don't think I've ever disagreed with anything you've said Gringo.
A lot of sense in that post...

BUT

we're out of the playoffs now so surely Malky shoul fall on his sword!?!?!?! :roll:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Gringo I agree with your post too! its well said! the changes and the restructuring that you mentioned will have there affect on this season's performance but we will reap the rewards hopefully by next season! thats my feeling... we are positively taking a step backwards to jump 2 forward!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:This post is not a dig at any individuals but my general observation. Having read the interview with eddie may, it brought back many memories of what it was like supporting city in those days. i loved those days and it wasnt cos i was watching amazing football cos quite frankly some of the football was absolute shite! I remember watching Andy Gorman, Chris Fry, Cameron Toshack etc and honestly thinking i was better than them :lol: :lol: But what made those days special was that the club and it's supporters were one. We didnt expect to beat barcelona, on the contrary, you would have been sectioned if you said we would be challenging to play in the top flight year by year! Last year i was often starting threads trying to back dave jones but i accept he had some major flaws and some of you had your own reasons for disliking him. Some of last seasons squad were also prima donnas and the middlesboro debacle was an absolute scandal!! But now we have a new manager who i believe is the perfect man for the job. His task this season goes above and beyond any other manager in the whole football league (i believe). he has to restructure the club from top to bottom! We can see by the way he has raided his former club that he saw the need for a new scouting network, new coaching staff, new training ideas, new fitness regime and probably a new youth structure as well as losing 12 players in the summer! He has all the passion we ask for, he has shown the city and the fans the utmost respect so far, he has worked with in our budget to gazump other teams to get realistic targets who will evidently give 100% for the shirt everytime they pull it on, yet i come on these messageboards and the amount of criticism he and the team are getting in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. Can't we go back to actually supporting our team and not just being critics hungry to prove that we know more than the people who run our club. Of course we all have our opinions about the team but as far as i'm concerned i will be supporting this group of players and in particular this manager (who i think is doing a fantastic job) like i did in the days of eddie may :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant Post - MM is the sort of manager that this club needs, passionate respects the fans and has got the team playing for the full 90 minutes. What has impressed me how the side kept going against Brighton last week even when we were 3-0 down he has installed a work ethic & commitment that was sadly lacking last season. All we should ever ask is that the side put in a shift for 90 minutes.

On another note the 80's & 90's saw a better variety of chants/songs ......the Canton Stand could well do with learning!!