Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" What has happened to us!!!!? "

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:22 am

This post is not a dig at any individuals but my general observation. Having read the interview with eddie may, it brought back many memories of what it was like supporting city in those days. i loved those days and it wasnt cos i was watching amazing football cos quite frankly some of the football was absolute shite! I remember watching Andy Gorman, Chris Fry, Cameron Toshack etc and honestly thinking i was better than them :lol: :lol: But what made those days special was that the club and it's supporters were one. We didnt expect to beat barcelona, on the contrary, you would have been sectioned if you said we would be challenging to play in the top flight year by year! Last year i was often starting threads trying to back dave jones but i accept he had some major flaws and some of you had your own reasons for disliking him. Some of last seasons squad were also prima donnas and the middlesboro debacle was an absolute scandal!! But now we have a new manager who i believe is the perfect man for the job. His task this season goes above and beyond any other manager in the whole football league (i believe). he has to restructure the club from top to bottom! We can see by the way he has raided his former club that he saw the need for a new scouting network, new coaching staff, new training ideas, new fitness regime and probably a new youth structure as well as losing 12 players in the summer! He has all the passion we ask for, he has shown the city and the fans the utmost respect so far, he has worked with in our budget to gazump other teams to get realistic targets who will evidently give 100% for the shirt everytime they pull it on, yet i come on these messageboards and the amount of criticism he and the team are getting in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. Can't we go back to actually supporting our team and not just being critics hungry to prove that we know more than the people who run our club. Of course we all have our opinions about the team but as far as i'm concerned i will be supporting this group of players and in particular this manager (who i think is doing a fantastic job) like i did in the days of eddie may :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: What has happened to us!!!!?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am

Great post mate!!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Good post Gringo, I totally agree with all of your points. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Top post... although I think the club may have played some part in trying to divide us over the past few years... they no longer want the sort of supporter we had back in the 80's, the vocal, slightly aggressive :lol: guys, scaring the life out of the opposition players as they ran down the wing with the ball, all the time keeping one eye on us :twisted:

But you're spot on in what you say about Malky. He is, in my opinion, a top manager, who needs to be given at least three seasons to rebuild this club, as, like you said, it needs to be restructered right from the bottom as there was so much going wrong behind the scenes.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Great post.

Only one point, the next time you write please split the text into paragraphs so that it is easier to read on a screen.

Thanks

Re: " What has happened to us!!!!? "

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Andy1927 wrote:Top post... although I think the club may have played some part in trying to divide us over the past few years... they no longer want the sort of supporter we had back in the 80's, the vocal, slightly aggressive :lol: guys, scaring the life out of the opposition players as they ran down the wing with the ball, all the time keeping one eye on us :twisted:

But you're spot on in what you say about Malky. He is, in my opinion, a top manager, who needs to be given at least three seasons to rebuild this club, as, like you said, it needs to be restructered right from the bottom as there was so much going wrong behind the scenes.

I have to Sadly agree with you, Our fans are more split/divided than ever and in my opinion were not as passionate as we were in the 80's/90's,Forget trouble,I mean about Vocal and Supporting Our Club.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Fantastic post...mirrors everything and all the experiences I want as a proud Cardiff City fan.

Unfortunately expectation, and the new influx of fans that has accompanied the expectation has made me fearful we'll never get back what we once had, and what seperated us from the majority of clubs out there

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Excellent post - My first seasons down the City were the 1980s Frankie Burrows days - and I can remember us being near the bottom of the old fourth division - and the Bob Bank die hards still getting behind the team.

It seems these days if we go a goal down alot of the 'supporters' give up - I saw some even leave at the Brighton game! - and sit there waiting for the team to get them going again. Surely it would be better the other way around?

I agree Malky is the man for the job and given time will build a side to challenge for promotion - it just may take a season or two.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:24 pm

A very good post Chief. I also understand us fans were in such disarray and in fighting Malky went back to Watford to recruit there supporters as well :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

TOP POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 pm

A good post and I agree with a lot of it, especially the observations about MM.

However I am big and ugly enough to accept that not all fans will share the same opinion and they are entitled to moan if they so wish, after all this is a public message board and it would be a little boring if all agreed on everything.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Bravo Gringo

Your right, moaning is what wives do, not grown men :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:43 pm

I have to Sadly agree with you, Our fans are more split/divided than ever and in my opinion were not as passionate as we were in the 80's/90's,Forget trouble,I mean about Vocal and Supporting Our Club.[/quote]

...and you seriously don't think yourself and others who post on here and other sites are not responsible for the divide among the supporters,the blame definately lies with the guys and gals who spend every spare minute of their day shit-stirring on the net...

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm

great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:28 pm

You are too right.
The CCS is a morgue and everyone moans on their posts - if you have a go about them moaning, they call you a hypocrite for moaning about them moaning!!!!

Jeffery Hemmerman, Jimmy Gilligan, Phil Stant - Ledgends - but we were nowhere near where we are now and people are almost depressed!

it seems we are not alone - been talking to a forest fan, leeds and a birmingham fan through work. They say the same thing as their crowds have dwindled, everyone moaning, no atmospheres etc.

seems the strive for the premier is making the fooball fan a prick! :(

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A very good post Chief. I also understand us fans were in such disarray and in fighting Malky went back to Watford to recruit there supporters as well :lol: :lol:

ha ha :lol: :lol: they can go in the expensive seats on the main stand then!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:22 pm

The Club is infested with egg chasers/Post FA Cup Heads/Glory Hunters, From top to bottom, and when Jones'y went i was surprised one or two from up stairs didn't go with him. We cant live in the past but we dont have to have Our good memories araised by the JC Lately's that not only do They have no respect for the old school but actually show contempt. Feking Idiots!! :x

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Fairplay m8 most propably the most sensible post iv ever seen on this board,spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Bravo, a great post, echoes my own sentiments.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Couldn't have put it better. Well said

(Decided to finally register just to tell you that)

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Fair play Gringo, sums up a lot of peoples feelings I think.

I saw this earlier on today was going to reply yep well said, remembered that there was a game this evening then realised I didn't give a shit! Carling Cup in the old days it would be the first thing on my mind all day now it's a question of trying to remember to have the laptop on and remember the ccplayer password!

One Club, One Cardiff City, two Andy Gorams. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for the responses lads, i'm glad a lot of people feel the same :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Lethal Lynex wrote:Great post.

Only one point, the next time you write please split the text into paragraphs so that it is easier to read on a screen.

Thanks

Hahaha it's hard enough writing a coherent sentence on my phone let alone putting in paragraphs :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:28 am

Good post, but it wasn't ALWAYS that great even under Eddie May....

We still had a lot of 'knockers' even in a much smaller crowd

I think we'll finf 'the good old days' might just be the seasons just gone IF we aren't careful :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 am

thehumblegringo wrote:This post is not a dig at any individuals but my general observation. Having read the interview with eddie may, it brought back many memories of what it was like supporting city in those days. i loved those days and it wasnt cos i was watching amazing football cos quite frankly some of the football was absolute shite! I remember watching Andy Gorman, Chris Fry, Cameron Toshack etc and honestly thinking i was better than them :lol: :lol: But what made those days special was that the club and it's supporters were one. We didnt expect to beat barcelona, on the contrary, you would have been sectioned if you said we would be challenging to play in the top flight year by year! Last year i was often starting threads trying to back dave jones but i accept he had some major flaws and some of you had your own reasons for disliking him. Some of last seasons squad were also prima donnas and the middlesboro debacle was an absolute scandal!! But now we have a new manager who i believe is the perfect man for the job. His task this season goes above and beyond any other manager in the whole football league (i believe). he has to restructure the club from top to bottom! We can see by the way he has raided his former club that he saw the need for a new scouting network, new coaching staff, new training ideas, new fitness regime and probably a new youth structure as well as losing 12 players in the summer! He has all the passion we ask for, he has shown the city and the fans the utmost respect so far, he has worked with in our budget to gazump other teams to get realistic targets who will evidently give 100% for the shirt everytime they pull it on, yet i come on these messageboards and the amount of criticism he and the team are getting in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. Can't we go back to actually supporting our team and not just being critics hungry to prove that we know more than the people who run our club. Of course we all have our opinions about the team but as far as i'm concerned i will be supporting this group of players and in particular this manager (who i think is doing a fantastic job) like i did in the days of eddie may :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree completely great post :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

Lethal Lynex wrote:Great post.

Thanks

Gringo!! that was a great post. It seems you have to do a detention though!!!

oooops not enough for a paragraph!!!!! ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm

always have a look on this forum,but rarely feel the need to write on it.this post deserves support.well said mate :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:13 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:This post is not a dig at any individuals but my general observation. Having read the interview with eddie may, it brought back many memories of what it was like supporting city in those days. i loved those days and it wasnt cos i was watching amazing football cos quite frankly some of the football was absolute shite! I remember watching Andy Gorman, Chris Fry, Cameron Toshack etc and honestly thinking i was better than them :lol: :lol: But what made those days special was that the club and it's supporters were one. We didnt expect to beat barcelona, on the contrary, you would have been sectioned if you said we would be challenging to play in the top flight year by year! Last year i was often starting threads trying to back dave jones but i accept he had some major flaws and some of you had your own reasons for disliking him. Some of last seasons squad were also prima donnas and the middlesboro debacle was an absolute scandal!! But now we have a new manager who i believe is the perfect man for the job. His task this season goes above and beyond any other manager in the whole football league (i believe). he has to restructure the club from top to bottom! We can see by the way he has raided his former club that he saw the need for a new scouting network, new coaching staff, new training ideas, new fitness regime and probably a new youth structure as well as losing 12 players in the summer! He has all the passion we ask for, he has shown the city and the fans the utmost respect so far, he has worked with in our budget to gazump other teams to get realistic targets who will evidently give 100% for the shirt everytime they pull it on, yet i come on these messageboards and the amount of criticism he and the team are getting in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. Can't we go back to actually supporting our team and not just being critics hungry to prove that we know more than the people who run our club. Of course we all have our opinions about the team but as far as i'm concerned i will be supporting this group of players and in particular this manager (who i think is doing a fantastic job) like i did in the days of eddie may :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Post of the season :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

who are the posters? name and shame em......