Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SWANSEA TO REFUSE FULL ARSENAL ALLOCATION

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Ther are many people in wales who class football a shit game and would never watch it.wales traditionaly is rugby not football.
And as for no one else building stadiums,I mean in wales.
We looked at prid park as a idea,but we could never have judged how much attendances would increas to derby as English citys ain't got the traditional rugby populated areas as south wales.
Ask most people around the uk what sport they link wales with and they will say rugby,ok over the last few years it has changed a bit with your fa cup and our prem status but older folk are some areas are stringly rugby.
And as for your stadium beung planned before ours?come on mate,we were in it 5 years before you started building, and it was talked about for years before that.
Originally in 95 it was planned to build a 25 k stadium on the old morfa athletics stadium the other side of the river,but like you if we had crowds if 5k it was huge and games with us and you only got 6 to 9 k.so they decided to build a 20 k stadium and save money,they are sory now but that's that,and your planers benefited from that.
I'm not knocking you at all but being realistic,both clubs I garantee ars sory they didn't add a few more grand originally .

Re: SWANSEA TO REFUSE FULL ARSENAL ALLOCATION

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:35 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Ther are many people in wales who class football a shit game and would never watch it.wales traditionaly is rugby not football.
And as for no one else building stadiums,I mean in wales.
We looked at prid park as a idea,but we could never have judged how much attendances would increas to derby as English citys ain't got the traditional rugby populated areas as south wales.
Ask most people around the uk what sport they link wales with and they will say rugby,ok over the last few years it has changed a bit with your fa cup and our prem status but older folk are some areas are stringly rugby.
And as for your stadium beung planned before ours?come on mate,we were in it 5 years before you started building, and it was talked about for years before that.
Originally in 95 it was planned to build a 25 k stadium on the old morfa athletics stadium the other side of the river,but like you if we had crowds if 5k it was huge and games with us and you only got 6 to 9 k.so they decided to build a 20 k stadium and save money,they are sory now but that's that,and your planers benefited from that.
I'm not knocking you at all but being realistic,both clubs I garantee ars sory they didn't add a few more grand originally .

I don't understand why you keep harping on about rugby being the number 1 game. Look at the statistics-1 in 10 play football. 1 in 15 play rugby. CCFC crowds v Blues crowd. Jacks support v Hairsprays crowds. The only time rugby outdoes football is 6 nations-3 home games per year.

North and mid wales is virtually all football. The amount of fans that flock from N Wales to Liverpool and Manchester every week is huge. Some areas of the valleys and towns like Llanelli are rugby dominated but they are in the minority.

The media (BBC Wales and Western Mail) are dominated by the rugger brigade and feed the nation propaganda about rugby being number 1 which clearly you believe.
If we get to the premiership (big if) and if you stay there (big if) then rugby is fooked.