Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SWANSEA TO REFUSE FULL ARSENAL ALLOCATION

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:43 am

read somewhere that because they couldn't sell their full allocation of Man City tickets, it cost their club thousands as they have to buy the tickets on block and any returns are not sale or return, don't know if that is standard practice in the Prem.

Apparently their club are now only going to ask for 1,900 Arsenal tickets instead of the full 3,800 allocation they are entitled to.
I'm sure even the Jerks could sell out for a prime game on a Saturday in the smoke, I was suprised that they failed to sell the full Man City allocation, even though it was expensive and a Monday + live on Sky, in all honesty your first game in the Prem should have been so massive that you could have taken 10,000.

I'm sure we had no problem selling six thousand for a mid week game in Arsenal. wonder how many they will take to Fulham on a wet Wednesday in November. :old:

Re: SWANSEA TO REFUSE FULL ARSENAL ALLOCATION

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:46 am

Not defending them at all Gwyn ....... but how much are away Prem tickets these days ? We've played some of the big teams in the Cup recently but those prices were lower due to being cup matches Thought Swansea fans would love it up the Arse .... nal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:24 am

Sorry to piss on your chips

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-14617716

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:39 am

What is this forum coming to when a Swansea related post makes it into the sticky section!!! Bloody obsessed you Cardiff! :lol:

Personally - I don't care! :D

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 am

:lol: :lol: But an ill-researched non-sticky so has deserved to be taken off that elevated status :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 am

Ha ha ha ha ha the Mug is off again. Give it a rest Gwyn and stop making stuff up, you still crying at the fact we made it to the promise land. Concentrate on lower league matters and leave the Premier League stuff to us Jacks. MUG,

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 am

As I stated in my post, did read it somewhere and it was actually on the Planet Swans message board, never stated it as headline news or nailed on 100% fact, just that I had read it somewhere, isn't that what message boards are for,

Popped by the ticket office spoke with the police guy from the stadium.

ill give a quick run down.

only given 1800 tickets due to us not selling out at man city which cost the club a couple of thousand.

many problems with the ja membership scheme

and yes a lot of tickets have ended up in the hands of no-season ticket holders.

Away end holds around 3500. dont hold your breath but there could, and i say could be more released at a later date

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 am

Jackbustard wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha the Mug is off again. Give it a rest Gwyn and stop making stuff up, you still crying at the fact we made it to the promise land. Concentrate on lower league matters and leave the Premier League stuff to us Jacks. MUG,

Big league team still having LOWER crowds than us. 19 thousend vs wigan, PATHETIC.
Where as we had 23 thousend vs brighton. Small team in a big league, your goin down faster than jordan MUG

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 am

Jackbustard wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha the Mug is off again. Give it a rest Gwyn and stop making stuff up, you still crying at the fact we made it to the promise land. Concentrate on lower league matters and leave the Premier League stuff to us Jacks. MUG,

Your Grammar is terrible it's Jack Mugs not Jacks mug, clown. :)

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 am

there a small club. bless

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 am

Lad in work is a Jack, had to pay £900 for home and away ticket!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 am

Gary wrote:

Big league team still having LOWER crowds than us. 19 thousend vs wigan, PATHETIC.
Where as we had 23 thousend vs brighton. Small team in a big league, your goin down faster than jordan MUG

Don't let the fact it was a home sell out het in the way if your nonsense will you?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 am

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Lad in work is a Jack, had to pay £900 for home and away ticket!!!!

Feck me, its like the ministry of disinformation on here.

It's £900 for just the away season ticket, not home and away :roll:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:27 am

NJ73 wrote:
CardiffCityCulture wrote:Lad in work is a Jack, had to pay £900 for home and away ticket!!!!

£900 for an away season ticket so what exactly does that entitle you to then

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

£900 for an away season ticket so what exactly does that entitle you to then

A ticket to every away game. If the total cost of the 19 away tickets comes to less than £900, the difference is refunded.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 am

BigGwynram wrote:As I stated in my post, did read it somewhere and it was actually on the Planet Swans message board, never stated it as headline news or nailed on 100% fact, just that I had read it somewhere, isn't that what message boards are for,

only given 1800 tickets due to us not selling out at man city which cost the club a couple of thousand.

and yes a lot of tickets have ended up in the hands of no-season ticket holders.

Away end holds around 3500. dont hold your breath but there could, and i say could be more released at a later date

For f**k sake Gwyn give it a rest you sad tw*t,we have had 2914 ticket allocation for the arsenal game.
so stop spouting a load of bullshit. :mrgreen: and get your facts right we sold 2536 of the man city allocation which was on a Monday night 8pm kick off. :oops:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 am

Just out of interest, how much are swansea home season tickets?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 am

portsidejack wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:As I stated in my post, did read it somewhere and it was actually on the Planet Swans message board, never stated it as headline news or nailed on 100% fact, just that I had read it somewhere, isn't that what message boards are for,

For f**k sake Gwyn give it a rest you sad tw*t,we have had 2914 ticket allocation for the arsenal game.
so stop spouting a load of bullshit. :mrgreen: and get your facts right we sold 2536 of the man city allocation which was on a Monday night 8pm kick off. :oops:

Think your getting confused, all I've done is copy a post off the Planet swans site, My post stated I'd read it somewhere, and the post is there, quite straight forard reaaly, ask your brother or your father to explain, or as you know him Uncle John. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 pm

BigGwynram wrote:read somewhere that because they couldn't sell their full allocation of Man City tickets, it cost their club thousands as they have to buy the tickets on block and any returns are not sale or return, don't know if that is standard practice in the Prem.

Apparently their club are now only going to ask for 1,900 Arsenal tickets instead of the full 3,800 allocation they are entitled to.
I'm sure even the Jerks could sell out for a prime game on a Saturday in the smoke, I was suprised that they failed to sell the full Man City allocation, even though it was expensive and a Monday + live on Sky, in all honesty your first game in the Prem should have been so massive that you could have taken 10,000.

I'm sure we had no problem selling six thousand for a mid week game in Arsenal. wonder how many they will take to Fulham on a wet Wednesday in November. :old:

i remember us going to sheff wed away on a midweek night and the game was on sky and we still took 500 +

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gary wrote:

Don't let the fact it was a home sell out het in the way if your nonsense will you?

and cardiff v brighton wernt a home sell out but still sold more. Face it gypo youll never have a bigger and better fanbase

and wtf is het you thick tw*t

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Just out of interest, how much are swansea home season tickets?

£20 or you can redeem £10 worth of clubcard points and tesco will double up.....

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Lads,this big gwyn?its not the one who made a right knob of him self in the wales on Sunday is it?.
If so then what a fool he is making off him self.
I now he is a big cardiff fan and one of your own,but some one should have a word as he is making him self out to be a right cock.
I don't now the guy,he more then lightly a nice guy but he is making him self look so bitter at us in the prem.
That story in the paper made you all look bitter.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Not defending them at all Gwyn ....... but how much are away Prem tickets these days ? We've played some of the big teams in the Cup recently but those prices were lower due to being cup matches Thought Swansea fans would love it up the Arse .... nal :lol: :lol: :lol:

£45 tickets for Mancini City.... :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:29 pm

You keep going on about us only having19 k in the ground?we can't get any more in,it holds 20,560.
That's 6k less then you,surley if you are such a massive club then you would have doubled that?.
And also you had the benefit of us building ours first,so your planers could see how a new stadium atracted more fans,we had no one else to use as a model,after all wales is rugby not footbal so no one new how people would react to having a new ground. Like I said you learned from us.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm

swansealad69 wrote:You keep going on about us only having19 k in the ground?we can't get any more in,it holds 20,560.
That's 6k less then you,surley if you are such a massive club then you would have doubled that?.
And also you had the benefit of us building ours first,so your planers could see how a new stadium atracted more fans,we had no one else to use as a model,after all wales is rugby not footbal so no one new how people would react to having a new ground. Like I said you learned from us.

shut up, wales is rugby not football..... wtf ospreys and blues dont have crowds anywhere near as much as cardiff and swansea..

the internationals for rugby are only seen as an occasion and day out thats why the stadiums are full for the 6 nations, but if wru played even more games than current the crowds would drop, just like the autumn internationals...

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 pm

swansealad69 wrote:You keep going on about us only having19 k in the ground?we can't get any more in,it holds 20,560.

so hang on i take it in your opinion the great and mighty liberty stadium was the first ever modern stadium built in the uk and everyone looks at your stadium as a foundation on how to improve their stadia, how deluded are you lot down west and if rugbys so big why didnt your council build a 40000 capacity stadium to accomodate the great waves of ospreys fans that flood the stadium week in week out, maybe im missing the waves of osprey fans who are constantly moaning about the fact you cant get a home ticket for love nor money, or are you just preaching from a myth told to you by the establishment.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Just out of interest, how much are swansea home season tickets?

£20 or you can redeem £10 worth of clubcard points and tesco will double up.....

hahahaha quality! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:35 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:17 am

does the 900 quid away season ticket give you priority over long term home season ticket holders and regular away travellers from previous seasons ?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 am

I think you'll find that our ground was planned along time before the liberty but due to Sam H falling out with the Council and a few financial issues (massive debt!) then it took longer to get the project off the ground. The stadium design for the CCS has not altered and when planned it was meant to contain 30,000 seats with option of expanding to 60,000. The corners were meant to contain more seats (not 100% sure on this but i'm sure Carl or Gwyn or some in the know will correct me if i'm wrong) which is why we have ended up with 26,828 seats.

Swansea Council got their arses in gear and got the liberty up fairly quickly-i'm sure they made a fair few quid on the retail outlets nearby and had hoped to make more cash by selling the vetch site to a developer.

As for rugby being number 1 you are so wrong. This season ccfc, the jacks, wrexham and county will have a combined average of over 50,000. The 4 regions will struggle to average a combined 20,000.