Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How big of a club are we??

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 pm

I go to every hone game and fair enough I can't travel to many aways due to work.

I also understand that fans are struggling for cash and live far away.

What I want to ask is are we as big and as well supported as we think we are?
There are teams around us who would enjoy much higher attendances than us at cup games!

Yet I am hearing a possible 10k for tomorrow!!

We quite often hear sleeping giant ect but this will be a shame for malky and the players if the numbers are not there!!!

Ask your mates! ask your fecking neighbor!!

£10 to get in!!!! Let's show we are a big well supported club!

Thankyou!

The media department.

C c s :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: How big of a club are we??

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 pm

:lol: :lol:

I got about 10 to come :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:55 pm

10,000 or so for a league cup game against Huddersfield is fine. Last year in the second round Fulham, Blackburn, Sunderland, Wolves, Stoke all had attendances around that mark.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 pm

We're so big you could compare us to real Madrid, infact you hear the Madrid fans singing, just like watching Cardiff, it's just like watching Cardiff, just like watching caaardiff it's just like watching Cardiff. ;)

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 pm

if we get 10k i will do a naked lap of the CCS at the next home game. 4-7k would be my guess, could be wrong though.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Bigger than most bottom end prem teams and that is without the johnny come plastics

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 pm

milly44 wrote:if we get 10k i will do a naked lap of the CCS at the next home game. 4-7k would be my guess, could be wrong though.

:shock: :shock: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

bring anyone and drag your dog.10K and this guys doing a lap

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:26 pm

all the league cup games will be small crowds tonight. doncaster v leeds may be a full house due to the town being full of leeds fans.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 pm

We are not a big club full stop and I just wish our fans would come to terms with the fact. I always thought that we were back in late sixties early seventies but realised soon enough that we were not and always thought we would become a big club but we never have. Will we ever become one? Don't really know!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:We are not a big club full stop and I just wish our fans would come to terms with the fact. I always thought that we were back in late sixties early seventies but realised soon enough that we were not and always thought we would become a big club but we never have. Will we ever become one? Don't really know!

Good shout there, can't see too many people arguing against that - we simple aren't a Big club. FACT! (although we are a bigger club than some of those up in the Prem!! ;) )

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

murphy wrote:all the league cup games will be small crowds tonight. doncaster v leeds may be a full house due to the town being full of leeds fans.

I doubt it. Last season they played in the league and it was far from full

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 pm

milly44 wrote:if we get 10k i will do a naked lap of the CCS at the next home game. 4-7k would be my guess, could be wrong though.

Someone take notes when the attendance is announced? ;)