Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARLING CUP

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:06 pm

It's going to more than likely be low crowd by our standards tomorrow night.

I've been a season ticket holder for quite a few years and being honest I don't do all the cup games. Work and finances dictate it, no lack of commitment - I wish I could do every game.

I don't know why the club doesn't add for example £15 to the price of a season ticket which would cover any Carling Cup home fixtures. They could benefit if we don't get a home game, benefit from bigger crowds if we did.

For us fans its a gamble, we pay the £15, we could get no home games or we could get 3 or more.

Don't think it would be hard to implement and the extra few quid wouldn't be so noticeable when added to the ST. As the 12th man we could, with bigger crowds help drive the club on through the competition.

Re: CARLING CUP

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:19 pm

great idea, i'd like to see this :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:26 pm

GarethBrad wrote:It's going to more than likely be low crowd by our standards tomorrow night.

I've been a season ticket holder for quite a few years and being honest I don't do all the cup games. Work and finances dictate it, no lack of commitment - I wish I could do every game.

I don't know why the club doesn't add for example £15 to the price of a season ticket which would cover any Carling Cup home fixtures. They could benefit if we don't get a home game, benefit from bigger crowds if we did.

For us fans its a gamble, we pay the £15, we could get no home games or we could get 3 or more.

Don't think it would be hard to implement and the extra few quid wouldn't be so noticeable when added to the ST. As the 12th man we could, with bigger crowds help drive the club on through the competition.

Its only a tenner.

I think its more to do with the fact that most don't give a sh1t about the cup, and with so many midweek games think its the one to miss.

It's only a tenner in the Premier Club tomorrow as well, so if you know someone in there ask them to get you a ticket in there, its a great experience for a change. Taking my wife and kids in there tomorrow. They wouldn't have gone otherwise - :lol:

If we get a similar draw in the next round the club should give thousands of tickets out to the schools in the area and fill the ground with kids.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 pm

How do you get tickets for the premier? Never ever thought about it! Might try it out tomorrow if its possible !

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm

brown wrote:How do you get tickets for the premier? Never ever thought about it! Might try it out tomorrow if its possible !

You can only get them through a current Premier Club member.

So if you know someone in there, then ask them. Maybe someone on the Forum is a member.