Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Martyn Waghorn

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Would you take him?

Linked with a move to Southampton for £1.5m in the Mirror today, seems surplus to requirements at Leicester but could be the perfect foil for Miller or Earnie.

He's young, strong, powerful, very committed and has an eye for a goal.

He was the striker who missed the decisive penalty against us in the playoff semi final and was so upset that he had to be consoled by Mark Kennedy for those who didn't know, but he is a very good striker in my opinion. Is he worth that money though?

Would be a great signing in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Re: Martyn Waghorn

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 pm

I wouldn't to be honest. I see him in a similar mould to what we have in Earnshaw and Miller.

£1.5m is a big ask too for a position we do have numbers in especially when were crying out for a CM and CB.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:46 pm

we aint got 50k let alone 1.5million thats pretty obvious by now :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:47 pm

bit short

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 pm

i think he is a good shout excellent strike on him sign him up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:bit short

Thats being shortist Luke :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:11 pm

:lol: :lol:

But surely Earnie is shortist ;) :lol:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote::lol: :lol:

Correct :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
2blue2handle wrote::lol: :lol:

Correct :lol: :ayatollah:

Is steve howard playin regular for leicester.He wouldnt cost much,we're looking for some1 for miller/earnie to play off.Have caused us plenty of problems in the past,even if its only for a season

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm

That would be a great signing he can hold the ball up well and is strong

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:51 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Would you take him?

Linked with a move to Southampton for £1.5m in the Mirror today, seems surplus to requirements at Leicester but could be the perfect foil for Miller or Earnie.

He's young, strong, powerful, very committed and has an eye for a goal.

He was the striker who missed the decisive penalty against us in the playoff semi final and was so upset that he had to be consoled by Mark Kennedy for those who didn't know, but he is a very good striker in my opinion. Is he worth that money though?

Would be a great signing in my opinion. :ayatollah:

And he misses penaltys :lol:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:58 pm

He was also the one who was giving our fans the bird from the dugout when they equalised and Chris Powell had to lead him away because there was nearly an attack on him by some lads in front of me.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Yes would be a great signing! :ayatollah: Can play on the right wing aswell just what we need