Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky worries?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 pm

So theres less than 10 days left 'til the transfer window closes, is it just me or does anyone else feel that we won't be signing 'til january? :?

Thoughts? :ayatollah:

Re: Malky worries?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:38 pm

like MM said it looks like we'll be signing in the loan market :?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm

He says loan market if he really has to, and only to bolster the squad

The closer he gets to the deadline, the cheaper and more readily players are available

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:43 pm

i'd love to sign 1 or 2 at the most permanent deals though by the deadline! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:49 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:So theres less than 10 days left 'til the transfer window closes, is it just me or does anyone else feel that we won't be signing 'til january? :?

He will wait until the premiership 25 man squads are named at the end of the month to see who is available as will all the other teams then bring in loan players IMO

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm

10 days??? Plenty of time

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:58 pm

the best players available at cheap price will be on deadline day when prem clubs realise some wont make the 25man squads. afternatively after the deadline players on loan who didnt make the 25 man squads. Loaning until Jan then making the deal perm is no problem.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Trouble is the maximum we can have on a loan deal come August 31st is for 98 days, so i heard.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:56 pm

not worried, prob wait til prem teams name their squads,
i am liking this 'no info leaking' ...a nice suprised just to find out a player has signed rather than the spec

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 pm

He signed 9 players in the space of 2 weeks didnt he???

start slagging him and the board off if we DONT get any
players in.

Until then....

FFS give them a break eh lads

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:21 pm

taffyapple wrote:He signed 9 players in the space of 2 weeks didnt he???

players in.

Until then....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:So theres less than 10 days left 'til the transfer window closes, is it just me or does anyone else feel that we won't be signing 'til january? :?

I say we need at least 4 players if we are to make the play offs, I really hope Malky gets the full Support he deserves from the Cardiff City board :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 pm

taffyapple wrote:He signed 9 players in the space of 2 weeks didnt he???

players in.

Until then....

I'm not slagging him off, i'm pleased with him. He's got us the type of players we need. But clearly we need 3 or 4 more players. Even Malky said himself. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I say we need at least 4 players if we are to make the play offs, I really hope Malky gets the full Support he deserves from the Cardiff City board :ayatollah:

We need at least 3-a quick central defender, a wide right attacker and a big centre forward that can link up play. We could do with a central midfielder on loan to cover Kiss and Gunnarson whilst they are injured.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 pm

I'd be happy with two strikers myself, a winger at a push.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We need at least 3-a quick central defender, a wide right attacker and a big centre forward that can link up play. We could do with a central midfielder on loan to cover Kiss and Gunnarson whilst they are injured.

Hope you and the family are well Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:42 pm

We won't get anyone in the next 10 days....

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hope you and the family are well Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great thanks-took the boys to Oxford. Trying to do more aways this season. Gutted that i cant go to Pompey on Sat as its my daughters birthday and we are in london.....