Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Libya situation

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:As i said Politics stinks to high heaven.

youve got to admit though its highly entertaining lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm

maccydee wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Isn't it just like this Government and the one before it. We go into other Countries and overthrow an Islamic dictatorship, and then we go into Libya and help overthrow there dictatorship and put an Islamic one in instead. Is it me or do you also think Al Qaeda will take advantage of this and we could end up with an even more dangerous situation.
Its all about Oil, and doesn't it make you sick when you see not long ago Obama warmly welcoming Gaddafi to now :? :evil: .
Politics sucks to high heaven thats for sure, as a Country we are broke our armed forces are being broken up. No new recruits as Bridgend Bluebird has pointed out. We get rid of all our bombs (By dropping them all on Libya) but we had to get rid of them because soon enough we wont have anyone left to use em :?

this is some peoples biggest fear about the Libya situation with the chaos that will ensue during the control of an interim government before elections can take place is that the likes of Al Qaeda getting a strong hold in certain regions of Libya and the world will find that with the aid of British air support we have created yet another terrorist stronghold. As long as we have learnt the lessons or Iraq hopefully this will not happen.

Al Qaida are already fighting with the rebels. How do you think a group of disorganised rabble managed to fight a well (ish) trained Libyan force? (aside from the NATO bombing of course).

Weirdly we are fighting alongside Al Qaida against someone who was an ally against Al Qaida. Confuses the shite out of me tbh.

The british army were training the rebels.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Isn't it just like this Government and the one before it. We go into other Countries and overthrow an Islamic dictatorship, and then we go into Libya and help overthrow there dictatorship and put an Islamic one in instead. Is it me or do you also think Al Qaeda will take advantage of this and we could end up with an even more dangerous situation.
Its all about Oil, and doesn't it make you sick when you see not long ago Obama warmly welcoming Gaddafi to now :? :evil: .
Politics sucks to high heaven thats for sure, as a Country we are broke our armed forces are being broken up. No new recruits as Bridgend Bluebird has pointed out. We get rid of all our bombs (By dropping them all on Libya) but we had to get rid of them because soon enough we wont have anyone left to use em :?

this is some peoples biggest fear about the Libya situation with the chaos that will ensue during the control of an interim government before elections can take place is that the likes of Al Qaeda getting a strong hold in certain regions of Libya and the world will find that with the aid of British air support we have created yet another terrorist stronghold. As long as we have learnt the lessons or Iraq hopefully this will not happen.

Al Qaida are already fighting with the rebels. How do you think a group of disorganised rabble managed to fight a well (ish) trained Libyan force? (aside from the NATO bombing of course).

Weirdly we are fighting alongside Al Qaida against someone who was an ally against Al Qaida. Confuses the shite out of me tbh.

The british army were training the rebels.

We always train our future enemies, and that Chiefs is a FACT !!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:25 pm

America armed the Taliban against the USSR

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Im confused now, I just seen the rebels in Gadafi's compound kicking a statue head of Tommy Cooper :o