Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" EXPECTING VERY "

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 am

" EXPECTING VERY LOW CROWD v HUDDERSFIELD " Tomorrow night.

Just been down the City and bought 6 tickets, Excellent Value £10 Adult and £5 Under 16's in the Ninian Stand.
Crowd Expected.
6-8,000, Very Sad really.

Re: " EXPECTING VERY "

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:" EXPECTING VERY LOW CROWD v HUDDERSFIELD " Tomorrow night.

Just been down the City and bought 6 tickets, Excellent Value £10 Adult and £5 Under 16's in the Ninian Stand.
Crowd Expected.

8k wouldnt be that bad for a Carling Cup game :? we got 6kish against the wurzels in an fa cup game and they are our local(ish) rivals.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Crowd Expected.

8k wouldnt be that bad for a Carling Cup game :? we got 6kish against the wurzels in an fa cup game and they are our local(ish) rivals.

But we get 23,000 for league games and I thought the price charge was an Excellent one.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Crowd Expected.

But we get 23,000 for league games and I thought the price charge was an Excellent one.

Hmm..bare in mind people do work late and its only Huddersfield (no disrespect to them). Did you ask how many Hudder are bringing down?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Crowd Expected.

Do you know if you can pay on the gate?
Hoping to come down from London but won't know if I can leave work early till tomorrow noon.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Hmm..bare in mind people do work late and its only Huddersfield (no disrespect to them). Did you ask how many Hudder are bringing down?

Expecting up to 250 Huddersfield at most.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hmm..bare in mind people do work late and its only Huddersfield (no disrespect to them). Did you ask how many Hudder are bringing down?

Pity, I thought Huddersfield had decent support in League 1.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Tickets are £10. The place should be full.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:

Crowd Expected.

Do you know if you can pay on the gate?
Hoping to come down from London but won't know if I can leave work early till tomorrow noon.

Yes at the Ticket offices on the night :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Crowd Expected.

I paid only £1 in the family stand for my grandsons ticket and with over 5000 ST in that area I thought we would get at least 10,000.

Don't know what more the club can do really. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm

NickPenarth wrote:Tickets are £10. The place should be full.

And " £5 " Unders 16's and Pensioners :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

bring back rick wright to run the commercial department and i bet he would have got 20k plus tomorrow.
fetch back samesh kumar and we would have 2000 if we were lucky.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Not good at all Annis, can't blame the club on this though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 pm

perhaps they should give season ticket holders free entry to carling cup games then there would be bigger crowds although 10pound is very good value for a ticket

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:15 pm

ill be there bringing 2 mates aswell

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 pm

My guess of a 17k crowd was a little optimistic then.

:oops:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:22 pm

This would cost me £20.00 for 2 tickets,£20.00 fuel, £10.00 food+drink another £5.00 to park.This is to watch mainly fringe players in a cup game that even the clubs dont respect until later stages.This is why there is such a low turnout.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:22 pm

If we had "dole discount" aswell then weed probably double those figures lol

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm getting two tickets for me and my mate tomorrow so add a massive 2 to that total! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Games like this should be charged £ 5 pounds adults and quid a kid would bring in more peoplea nd add revenue to the club :ayatollah: plus i think a lot of the away fans will be missing as Portsmouth is coming up on Saturday and with Bank Holiday Monday looming people are tightening their budgets its an expensive hobby football and its not getting any cheaper :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Games like this should be charged £ 5 pounds adults and quid a kid would bring in more peoplea nd add revenue to the club :ayatollah: plus i think a lot of the away fans will be missing as Portsmouth is coming up on Saturday and with Bank Holiday Monday looming people are tightening their budgets its an expensive hobby football and its not getting any cheaper :ayatollah:

I think £10 is good value for money to be honest. I don't think £5 would see the gate receipts double. It would be too big a gamble. Saying that, I've just been paid so money isn't a huge concern of mine for the next 48 hours! :p

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 pm

be interesting to see what crowd we get in next round if we win & draw a big club!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Only a quid for U16's in the Family Stand.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:25 pm

I'll be there anyway. There are always low crowds in the Carling Cup until you get a good team or if you're in one of the later rounds, it's like that with most clubs. Trying out the Canton Stand for the first time tomorrow. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

bring back rick wright to run the commercial department and i bet he would have got 20k plus tomorrow.
fetch back samesh kumar and we would have 2000 if we were lucky.

im too young to know/remember rick wright, what would he have done to bring the crowds in mate?

is there a student price for the game? i think kids should be £1 everywhere for this game, other than that i think the other prices are fair, maybe 50% discount for ST holders?

:ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:58 pm

The quality of the football agianst Brighton was awful

That will be an underlying factor

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Going on holidays tomorrow so can't make it but to be fair to the Club i think they have got the pricing structure right and i hope we get 8 - 10K :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 pm

I'll be there, then straight to night shift afterwards :cry:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hmm..bare in mind people do work late and its only Huddersfield (no disrespect to them). Did you ask how many Hudder are bringing down?

Pity, I thought Huddersfield had decent support in League 1.

they do, but this is a mid-week carling cup game and a long way for them to travel.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Some people work shifts during the week, others work away during the week. A lot of people take their youngsters to Sat/Sun games and don't want them out that late at night (I know the schools are off at the moment but the same principle applies). Plus it's in the middle of 2 Away games and although you say the tickets are only £10 and £5, a lot of people's budgets, especially with kids, can't stretch that far.
To say a small crowd would be "very sad indeed" I think is insulting to those who would like to but, for whatever reason, can't make it.