Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What position will we finish in this season?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 am

I am happy with the change in manager as I just think that, although Jones did a good job on paper, it just wasn't going to happen. We had a golden opportunity at wembley against Blackpool but Jones failed to get the lads to do it on the day despite bieng ahead twice.

I personally feel that we need someone upfront as Earnie and Miller are both coffin dodgers and although they will score lots of goals they will need an experienced striker to back them up. Bellamy would do the trick. I just don't want too much pressure put on Mason and Gestede as it could break their confidence.

I am happy with the midfield. I worry about our central defenders' lack of pace though. A lot.

If the squad stays the same I think we will finish on 5th place.

If we get a really good pacey centre half, Bellamy and a really good striker/attacking midfielder then I think we could finish in the top two. I won't be all doom and gloom though as we really aren't as bad as some people think and we still have a week left of the transfer window and the whole of the loan window. I think things will happen (no insider knowledge - just speculation) and we will land a biggish name on the last day in August and get a couple of Premier League loans in September.

My biggest fear for the season is the crowd getting on the players' backs too early into the season and handing the home advantage to the opposition as they will often pick up on a team under pressure from frustrated supporters. I know watching Cardiff can be frustrating but surely we are all used to it by now.

Re: What position will we finish in this season?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:02 am

If Malky is given 4 more Quality players Top 6, if not then 10th :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:If Malky is given 4 more Quality players Top 6, if not then 10th :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I feel the same, if he can bring in 3/4 players Top 6 :D if not middle table :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:09 am

asjaber wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If Malky is given 4 more Quality players Top 6, if not then 10th :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I feel the same, if he can bring in 3/4 players Top 6 :D if not middle table :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I really hope the Malaysians fully Support Malky, then I feel we will achieve things this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 am

If we are on course for the playoffs then I will be more hopeful of winning the prize at Wembley under MM. Despite him not getting all the players he needs yet, he still looks like he really gives a shit (I'm sure DJ did too but couldn't really show it) and can motivate players at the right time of the season. I still wonder why no Welsh multimillionaires invest in our club. We could be a massive club one day with the right backing. Good on the Malaysians for helping us out but they are in it for money not local pride. There must be at least a dozen rich enough people from Cardiff who could afford to take us to the next level.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:59 pm

hate too say this but its mid table for us, i dont think malky will sign any centre backs so we will always get caught out by the quick forwards in this league, our midfield works hard but i think it lacks creative players and our forwards well ive said since the west ham game they cant play together cos they both like to run into the same channels and the lack height.

now saying that if we do spend a bit of money on players who have pace and who are creative who knows, now before people say im negative its only my opinion, and i would rather finish mid table with malky builing to the future then having DJ who was only thinking of the coming season

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 pm

8th

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 pm

7 th

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 pm

I'd be happy with 7th - 11th place as this season is a season of rebuilding and we cannt get our hopes up but if we got a play off place maybe 5th or 6th, i would be ecstatic. If we lost in the play offs (again) this year then i think our anager could take us up next year automatically? maybe? i dont know just a thought. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm

malky will get it right,4th for me :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:48 am

as long as it's above 12th i really don't mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'd rather finish 7th/8th this season and steady ourselves for next term than finish in the top 6 and either go up and crash in the prem OR lose in the play-offs - AGAIN.

In Malky we trust. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:55 am

7/8th I think but with a bit of spunk! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm

You can't say really considering its only a couple of weeks into the season.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

If we dont sign anymore players im gonna say we finish at 20 or 19th this season