Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Perception of a Rugby Fan

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Always wearing pale blue jeans & tight rugby shirt holding his fat belly in ,pushes to the front of the bar because he's HARD :lol: spewing in the street & pissing everyone off. Him & his mates trying it on with all the women in town,Walking home with a traffic cone under his arm thinking he's playing for Wales ,just a sad b*stard :lol: I'm glad I'm a football fan :ayatollah:

Re: My Perception of a Rugby Fan

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Some have funny looking ears as well :lol:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Bloody hell thats me all over...minus the fat and spewing :D

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 pm

:lol:
thats cos neil jenkins was their role model,

any stupid look big C*** can chase an egg and fall down , but not any C*** can take a ball past 3 defenders and pin point it into the top corner

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:16 pm

That it the worst perception ever.. ! And shows you have never wtached a full Rugby game in your life. The Rugby fan you just described is the typical Taffy supporter thinking there the big I AM .... But fans from Cardiff and well evey day people so i dont know why people jump to concluions with Rugby its a phisical sport and hard to play and takes years to Practice. I have been playing since i was 5 and i have played for Cardiff once. Next time New Zeland are playing watch them and that will change your perception because they are the most skilled players in the world ! :ayatollah:

All the same i support city
Last edited by TheTrueBlue7 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:18 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:That it the worst perception ever.. ! The Rugby fan you just described is the typical Taffy supporter thinking there the big I AM .... But fans from Cardiff and well evey day people so i dont know why people jump to concluions with Rugby its a phisical sport and hard to play and takes years to Practice. I have been playing since i was 5 and i have played for Cardiff once. Next time New Zeland are playing watch them and that will change your perception because they are the most skilled players in the world ! :ayatollah:

after blues and wales

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:34 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:That it the worst perception ever.. ! And shows you have never wtached a full Rugby game in your life. The Rugby fan you just described is the typical Taffy supporter thinking there the big I AM .... But fans from Cardiff and well evey day people so i dont know why people jump to concluions with Rugby its a phisical sport and hard to play and takes years to Practice. I have been playing since i was 5 and i have played for Cardiff once. Next time New Zeland are playing watch them and that will change your perception because they are the most skilled players in the world ! :ayatollah:

Watch Rugby :lol: :lol: ,No Thanks, when you enter the real world & start to go out into pubs etc you'll know what I mean. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:That it the worst perception ever.. ! And shows you have never wtached a full Rugby game in your life. The Rugby fan you just described is the typical Taffy supporter thinking there the big I AM .... But fans from Cardiff and well evey day people so i dont know why people jump to concluions with Rugby its a phisical sport and hard to play and takes years to Practice. I have been playing since i was 5 and i have played for Cardiff once. Next time New Zeland are playing watch them and that will change your perception because they are the most skilled players in the world ! :ayatollah:

Makes me smile when Valleys boys are spoken so highly of by Cardiff 'boys'. Belief of your own hype is rife in the big City init :D

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:20 pm

JonScam wrote:

Makes me smile when Valleys boys are spoken so highly of by Cardiff 'boys'. Belief of your own hype is rife in the big City init :D

I have nothing against Valley boys but I find it strange that they say "Butt" after everything. Butt what? finish your sentance, I am intrigued.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Xcasual wrote:

Watch Rugby :lol: :lol: ,No Thanks, when you enter the real world & start to go out into pubs etc you'll know what I mean. :ayatollah:

Agreed. Rugby is now purely an international sport posing as a huge obstruction to the development of football in Wales due to our size etc. We're not big enough imo to sustain both sports at the top level, for years the media and even local government etc has supressed Welsh football by favouring the oval ball in coverage; opportunity and investment. However with the demise of rugby domestically as evidenced in regional crowds, and the media hype/interest surrounding our recent 'successes' together with the Jacks are all pointers contributing to turning the tables.

Next generation of youngsters is key, and imo the majority of kids are now favouring football at a more local level. This next generation will not be filling the pubs as irritatingly as their Grandfathers are currently doing so, therefore there will come a point where we wont have to put up with it. Most of its all good natured, but its a shit and false perception of Welsh sport it creates to see a sea of red shirts 6 times a year for the cultural day out rugby now represents.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:
JonScam wrote:

I have nothing against Valley boys but I find it strange that they say "Butt" after everything. Butt what? finish your sentance, I am intrigued.

I sense an element of sarcasm here :lol:

Seeing as though by my reckoning we equate to over 50% of our support I wouldve thought you wouldve got up to speed with the Valleys slang, history of it etc :D

Its nice to have distintive home grown slang really, as apposed to the ripped of poor mans London shit that is spoken in the big City :D

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Xcasual wrote:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

So all "Taffy's" are egg fans? I'm sure there are people from Cardiff who are the type xcasual described.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am

I've never heard of rugby fans kicking the shit out of eachother in mass brawls simply because they support another team...