Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Annis.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Annis, hope you had a relaxing holiday.

Now you've had time to reflect, are you going to admit you made an error of judgment in posting the Stephen McPhail rumour?

Re: FAO Annis.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:34 pm

davebb wrote:Annis, hope you had a relaxing holiday.

Now you've had time to reflect, are you going to admit you made an error of judgment in posting the Stephen McPhail rumour?

Just so everyone gets this right, I put a message out that I wished Stephen McPhail all the best as I had heard he was ill and had not been involved in pre-season training as a result, it turns out that this was correct as Macca was having some side effects from his treatment.

At no point did I say or post anything more serious than his reaction to his treatment.

I find it despicable that 'others' have suggested that it was anything more than a side effect of his treatment and also made out that I said it was, as it is simply not true on any count. This is an extremely disappointing episode for Macca and his family.

I hope that those who took my 'good luck' message and then twisted my words and in some cases blatantly lied about what I said, take a good look at themselves and think in future that despite your thoughts towards me, you made up lies about someone's health, which in my opinion is beyond belief.

I spoke with the club during the sorry episode and I was informed that my remarks were in no way offensive and it was in fact a facebook page that stated Macca's illness had returned was the catalyst for the Malky to make comment and also for McPhail to do so also.

This is the truth of the matter but due to others claiming I had said differently and carried it on for days led to verbal attacks on myself via the messageboard and facebook, hopefully people will now understand what really happened and think in future before making judgement without actually reading my comments.

The best news of all is he over his illness and back in full training.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Just so everyone gets this right, I put a message out that I wished Stephen McPhail all the best as I had heard he was ill and had not been involved in pre-season training as a result, it turns out that this was correct as Macca was having some side effects from his treatment.

At no point did I say or post anything more serious than his reaction to his treatment.

I find it despicable that 'others' have suggested that it was anything more than a side effect of his treatment and also made out that I said it was, as it is simply not true on any count. This is an extremely disappointing episode for Macca and his family.

I hope that those who took my 'good luck' message and then twisted my words and in some cases blatantly lied about what I said, take a good look at themselves and think in future that despite your thoughts towards me, you made up lies about someone's health, which in my opinion is beyond belief.

I spoke with the club during the sorry episode and I was informed that my remarks were in no way offensive and it was in fact a facebook page that stated Macca's illness had returned was the catalyst for the Malky to make comment and also for McPhail to do so also.

This is the truth of the matter but due to others claiming I had said differently and carried it on for days led to verbal attacks on myself via the messageboard and facebook, hopefully people will now understand what really happened and think in future before making judgement without actually reading my comments.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

do you think we may rely on loans,just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:At no point did I say or post anything more serious than his reaction to his treatment.

"I am hearing that Stephen Mcpail is seriously ill again. Good luck and were all behind you".

Those were your words. If you don't think you did anything wrong then fine, there's many that do.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:40 pm

krab wrote:do you think we may rely on loans,just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Kevin, I am starting to think we wont buy that many players and will rely on freebies and loans, I hope I am wrong.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Well put Annis and finally the misquoting of you can finally be put to bed and the truth has now been told. But the best news of all is as you say Steve McPhail is not suffering from a terminal illness like was suggested by others.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:41 pm

davebb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:At no point did I say or post anything more serious than his reaction to his treatment.

"I am hearing that Stephen Mcpail is seriously ill again. Good luck and were all behind you".

Those were your words. If you don't think you did anything wrong then fine, there's many that do.

Dave, As you know youve been banned on here several times with your four different names and people like you are dispicable to try and twist things, end off.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

A very dignified and considered reply well done Annis.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:49 pm

davebb wrote:

You and those who dont believe what Annis said dont give a shit about the state of MacPhail. All you are interested in is bringing Annis down and you are using this situation to achieve your cause. You all accused Annis of using the word cancer did you not? As you can see he did not but you used it to twist the situation for your own gains.

This situation has been sorted thanks to the club and the other media that was used to promote this anti Annis campaign, well done CCMB. MacPhail from what I have heard had made a good recovery and hopefully we will see him in a blue shirt again.

In the meantime can we get rid of these users like Davebb who have one intention and that is not the well being of MacPhail.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Better we have stevie back the better :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:05 pm

In alL fairness what do you expect people to think? Describing a former cancer sufferer as "seriously ill again" the word again meaning its happened before. You cant blame people for thinking thats what you were implying. Even though you say he was suffering side effects of his treatment, i still stand by the fact that is not your or this forums information to divulge in the first place, being it such a personal thing.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:15 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:In alL fairness what do you expect people to think? Describing a former cancer sufferer as "seriously ill again" the word again meaning its happened before. You cant blame people for thinking thats what you were implying. Even though you say he was suffering side effects of his treatment, i still stand by the fact that is not your or this forums information to divulge in the first place, being it such a personal thing.

In hindsight I should never have mentioned anything about Mcphail being poorly,I meant no malice by it and only meant to offer an explanation of why he was not involved in pre-season training.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:16 pm

No offence lads, this has been finished with. I do believe Steve himself just wanted to "move on" at the time. I suggest that this thread be deleted before things get out of hand and word gets back to Steve and the club. (players do read this site.)

Put this to bed now mods and I wish folk would not try to open a can of worms. This could have all been done via PM considering the nature of the subject. :?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm

SBF1 wrote:No offence lads, this has been finished with. I do believe Steve himself just wanted to "move on" at the time. I suggest that this thread be deleted before things get out of hand and word gets back to Steve and the club. (players do read this site.)

Put this to bed now mods and I wish folk would not try to open a can of worms. This could have all been done via PM considering the nature of the subject. :?

Steve I understand where your coming from but many people wanted a response from Annis which could not be done before because he was on holiday, it is only fair Annis has the right to reply and undo the wrongs of others.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Carl,

"undoing the wrongs of others" is a pretty biased view.

In fairness Annis has said wish he hadn't posted and i do applaud the new style forum with no dirty washing in public.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:
SBF1 wrote:No offence lads, this has been finished with. I do believe Steve himself just wanted to "move on" at the time. I suggest that this thread be deleted before things get out of hand and word gets back to Steve and the club. (players do read this site.)

Steve I understand where your coming from but many people wanted a response from Annis which could not be done before because he was on holiday, it is only fair Annis has the right to reply and undo the wrongs of others.

I understand Carl, just thought that whoever seems to have a beef with Annis over this could have done it Via PM because of the sensitivity of it. I still stand by "whatever was put out there in the public domain, was put out in good faith and no ill will was intended against anyone" and as such, things had moved on. :oops: :oops:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Carl,

In fairness Annis has said wish he hadn't posted and i do applaud the new style forum with no dirty washing in public.

The reason was that Steve (SBF1) asked for the thread to be deleted but I am saying Annis has the opportunity to respond as you will know how far it went last time and we as mods kept deleting the threads regarding the subject got out of hand and the one person who needed to answer was not available. I think that others did do wrong and that was that some stated Annis said things which he simply didn't.

Should Annis have said anything at all, in my opinion no he shouldn't and privately I told him that but when his words were twisted and blantant lies were made up about him and Steve McPhail then that is very wrong, do you not agree?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:32 pm

SBF1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I understand Carl, just thought that whoever seems to have a beef with Annis over this could have done it Via PM because of the sensitivity of it. I still stand by "whatever was put out there in the public domain, was put out in good faith and no ill will was intended against anyone" and as such, things had moved on. :oops: :oops:

Steve I totally agree if some people were sincere then a private message would have been more appropriate but some are using a situation to turn on Annis and keep bringing it back to try and haunt him and making others believe he actually said something that he did not, which has been highlighted in this post.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Maybe we should all just be thankful that Macca is nearing a return to the first team rather than discuss the rights or wrongs of what Annis posted?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Welshpaul wrote:Carl,

The reason was that Steve (SBF1) asked for the thread to be deleted but I am saying Annis has the opportunity to respond as you will know how far it went last time and we as mods kept deleting the threads regarding the subject got out of hand and the one person who needed to answer was not available. I think that others did do wrong and that was that some stated Annis said things which he simply didn't.

Should Annis have said anything at all, in my opinion no he shouldn't and privately I told him that but when his words were twisted and blantant lies were made up about him and Steve McPhail then that is very wrong, do you not agree?

Fair point young Carlos. And as said i'm glad some of the updates no longer hang out the clubs dirty washing, long may that continue.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:Steve I totally agree if some people were sincere then a private message would have been more appropriate but some are using a situation to turn on Annis and keep bringing it back to try and haunt him and making others believe he actually said something that he did not, which has been highlighted in this post.

It's a sad state of affairs that people are turning it into this considering what we are talking about that is behind it. Some people clearly have no shame. There was clearly no harm meant in the original post, that much is obvious. Again - if people don't like that or have an agenda against the moderators then please do us all a favour and f**k off. Please do not use messages about a guy who has had a torrid time of it healthwise to point score.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Whether Annis was wrong to say anything or not, in my opinion, its worse that people who who dislike Annis due to this stupid "messageboard rivalry" are using it to slate him, and making a way bigger deal out of it than it was, just for personal reasons.

Even if a mistake was made, just move on, and stop making a huge deal out of it just so you have an excuse to have go at him. Get a grip.

Many people will know on here that i've had my disagreements with Annis in the past, so if he'd done something as seriously wrong as everyone is making out then i might agree with the criticism, but in my opinion, this was blown all out of proportion just so people who dislike Annis had an opportunity to slate him.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
krab wrote:do you think we may rely on loans,just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Kevin, I am starting to think we wont buy that many players and will rely on freebies and loans, I hope I am wrong.

SORRY,I POSTED THIS UNDER WRONG TOPIC, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:44 pm

davebb wrote:

Personally I don't feel there is anything sinister in that line of comment. In my opinion it was twisted by other parties with ulterior motive to discredit an individual .

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:58 pm

First of all Dave who started this thread you are a right Prick who IMO isn't interested in Macca just having a go at Annis. We have all Put out a thread we wished we hadn't that is life. I did read that Macca thread and all Annis wanted to do was wish him well and nearly 2 pages of goodwill messages was posted. Was any of them malicious ? No none of them, was any of the posts upsetting for Macca ? No . So Dave tit would you like a public exacution of Annis because you clearly have different motives.
If you really hate Annis that much what the he'll are you doing on his forum ?
You don't like him and the vast majority Of us do not like you so please DO ONE

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 am

Why are some people keep banging on about Annis? If he posts something some one will have a go !

Just pathetic and childish :x

Annis is a top bloke :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 am

Nuclearblue wrote:First of all Dave who started this thread you are a right Prick

You're entitled to your opinion chief.

After a bit of banning and deleting of posts Annis did admit that, in retrospect, he'd made an error of judgement with regards the McPhail post. Much respect to him for admitting that.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:47 am

davebb wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:First of all Dave who started this thread you are a right Prick

You're entitled to your opinion chief.

After a bit of banning and deleting of posts Annis did admit that, in retrospect, he'd made an error of judgement with regards the McPhail post. Much respect to him for admitting that.

So why cant you leave it there Chief instead of bringing it all back up again ?
If you want to contribute to this forum in a positive way that's fine, but if your only objective is to have a go at Annis then please leave

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Well said Nukes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: