Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHO BELIEVES ?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I'm not confident about it now.

Also I'm really struggling to see what good quality is out there.

Totally agree with you on this one!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:16 pm

smilebit wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

MONEY TALKS

You provide me with proof of Cardiff City wage bill while under Jones and how it was thanks to him alone . You want to talk money ?. How much money did Jones bring into the Club with respect to bring players in and selling them at a profit, never mind the FA Cup runs, how much did Jones spend last season and the year before ?

have faith in Malky and the Malaysians, they haven't put a foot wrong yet

:roll: No that's why we got beat last Wednesday and the thinking of going for Loan players back fired last season (I take it that was the Malaysians plan . I like Malky and his outlook . But the endless singing of his praises, while Bashing and blaming Jones for everything is just a bit much

Loan signings worked for Blackpool and got them promoted. ;)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:Bottom line: If we don't get another three quality players in we will be lucky to make mid table. We have no cover in midfield, are slow at center half and light on the wing.

although I dont disgaree my priority would be a striker

Fair enough. We are not as good in that department as last year, no doubt about it pal.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I think a team wantin promotion needs at least 4 strikers good enough starting. I think being able to change the front two in game can have such an impact.

Also very lightweight out wide mind.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:08 pm

We need a big target man and a wide right winger. We could do with a quick centre half if we can get rid of Gypes. We also need to get Naylor out and loan out Jarvis, Farah and Taiwo.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm

A word of warning

Not that long ago the complaints were

Why hasnt Jones gone - he went

Why arent the Malaysians showing more commitment - they did

Why havent we got a new manager - we got one

Why isnt Malky getting players in - he has.

I also worry that we wont get enough quality in, but i was also worried about all the
above points. And ended up feeling stupid as every box was getting ticked bit by bit.

So im reserving judgement for another week or so

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:32 pm

taffyapple wrote:A word of warning

I also worry that we wont get enough quality in, but i was also worried about all the
above points. And ended up feeling stupid as every box was getting ticked bit by bit.

Some Good points Dave :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will be backing Malky all Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:38 pm

yes there will be eggs on a few faces come midnight 31st August :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:Can't see us signing anyone for money,I agree we need 4,but I think we ll see a couple of loans,and that's it.hope I'm wrong.

Thats what worries,that we dont buy many players, they cant expect Malky to perform miracles and get promotion with nearly all freebies, just my opinion.

Strengthening the squad is obviously preferable, but with the exception of West Ham, there are no better teams in this division than us. We are one of about 14 teams who could make the top 6. The Malky factor could be the difference in our favour.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:04 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:Can't see us signing anyone for money,I agree we need 4,but I think we ll see a couple of loans,and that's it.hope I'm wrong.

Thats what worries,that we dont buy many players, they cant expect Malky to perform miracles and get promotion with nearly all freebies, just my opinion.

Strengthening the squad is obviously preferable, but with the exception of West Ham, there are no better teams in this division than us. We are one of about 14 teams who could make the top 6. The Malky factor could be the difference in our favour.

Hopefully having Malky we can finally do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't believe there is much money at all for transfer fees left. If there is I will be buzzing if we buy a player for big money. I would imagine Malky and the board will try and bring up to 4 more players in and at least 2 or 3 of those will be on loan from the prem. With maybe 1 permanent signing, most probably on a free. Hopefully Bellers with a bit of luck.

If we can get 4 more players in I would be tempted to get in another Centre-back in with geniune pace. A right-midfielder is definitely needed as we do not have a natural right-sided player. Cowie has played out on the right but he is far more effective when tucked inside. Another left-midfielder is needed as well with only Conway available in that position as Whitts will most probably only play central this season. I would also be tempted to bring in another striker, maybe more of a striker that is good in the air and can bring our wingers and full-backs into play as Malky loves to play expansive football. Super Kev and Taylor are practically playing right-wing this season meaning when we lose possesion Huds and Gez are exposed leading to a goal conceded. Previously Gunnarson was there to protect those 2 but as he has been injured the last few games there hasn't been much protection as Mason can't be expected to fill Gunarsson's role as he is a far more attack minded player.

I am quitely confident about this season though under Malky. I'm not expecting anything though. With 3 or 4 real quality signings, I think we can definitely make the top 6 this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 am

So I am reserving judgement for another week or so

Great post Taffyapple, I had not thought of it in that perspective at all. :ayatollah:
I am really trying to learn as much as I can about the sqaud and forgive me if this is a bad question but....My understanding is that the reason Jones was sacked is because of his reliance on loan players and their failure to get to the PL. So the club draws with one team and looses to Brighton and low and behold I start reading posts about signing some loans.
I thought the whole point "the whole fresh start" of the MM regime was about building a club of players owned, groomed, and developed by City? What am I missing here?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:53 am

norfolkin welsh wrote:Are all the DJ haters on here are happy with their lot then?
So many on here clamoured for him to be replaced, and without dragging out the degrees of success achieved through the DJ regime, last season not withstanding with the big wages for star names, we still had realistic promotion chances in previous years. Truth is City never had it so good as then, and now the change has been made, the board and MM knew full well what was realistic, MM got three years so im assuming the board were happy with his mission statement for the future of the club and any respective success that he could bring within the lesser budget proposed to him.
Therefore i believe the club made these decisions pragmatically and they see a period of reconcilliation initially with the onus on pushing on thereafter. Thats not to say that promotion can not be realised at this nascent stage og the season. :ayatollah:

Surely even you believe 6 years was long enough,to me one year was. Remember in 6 years he won nothing, but had the biggest playing Budgets any manager has ever had in Cardiff City's history. No plan B says it all, 10 wins out of 120 games when 1 nil down in 6 years is proof enough. I wont go in to any more detail as I could write a book on his failures :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:53 am

boxerbob wrote:So i take it the £20million warchest wasn't true :?:

It was what was reported, lets hope Malky is given more money :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:52 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:Loan signings worked for Blackpool and got them promoted. ;)

And on a Budget less than what Malky is able to spend no doubt .

Still I'll love to know actual factual costs when it comes to Cardiff City wage bill while under Jones (not that any manager controls the wage bill directly) Looking over how much Jones brought in with selling players for a vast profit and some brilliant Cup runs

but had the biggest playing Budgets any manager has ever had in Cardiff City's history.

Lets Back these claims up then (it be nice and make a change) . Lets all remember why Jones was brought in (Jones was a man with a proven track record of managing club's with tight budgets ) ,after Money became tight after Lawrence spending spree didn't work out

I wont go in to any more detail as I could write a book on his failures

LOL. Endless top 6 finishes , FA Cup Final . Jesus... there's lot of fans that will never ever get to experience a FA Cup Final in their or their Club's life time . I didn't like the way Jones held a grudge against some players, never had a plan B or refused to change thinks when they were going wrong . But under Jones , I've had the best time of my life supporting City and some real class players were brought in for peanuts and we got closer to the Premiership than under any other Manager (or likely too for years).

It was what was reported

Doesn't look to be even remotely true does it ?. But lets all believe the same reports about wage bills :roll: