Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO BELIEVES ?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:51 pm

WHO BELIEVES A LOT MORE MONEY WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO MALKY ?

I am very sceptical that there will be and I believe we desperately need at least 4 more QUALITY PLAYERS.

Re: WHO BELIEVES ?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Can't see us signing anyone for money,I agree we need 4,but I think we ll see a couple of loans,and that's it.hope I'm wrong.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:56 pm

I'd like to think so Annis, if we don't add another few players it's going to be a struggle :( ......I'm hoping they make more money available to strengthen the squad. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Can't see us signing anyone for money,I agree we need 4,but I think we ll see a couple of loans,and that's it.hope I'm wrong.

Thats what worries,that we dont buy many players, they cant expect Malky to perform miracles and get promotion with nearly all freebies, just my opinion.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Marc wrote:I'd like to think so Annis, if we don't add another few players it's going to be a struggle :( ......I'm hoping they make more money available to strengthen the squad. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Marc, thats exactly how I feel,a struggle without more Quality players.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Plenty of time to do some business in the transfer window yet. I don't think we can question the Malaysians commitment to this club. My belief is we will get a couple in by 31st August then a couple more when the loan window opens :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm not confident about it now.

Also I'm really struggling to see what good quality is out there.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't believe anything until it happens, best way really I suppose, I have opinions and I'm not sure about this one regarding finance, definitely need four new faces, whether they are experienced or young promising players on the fringe of the premiership perhaps coming in on loan, then I feel we have the makings of a squad that can take anyone on and win in this division. :)
Last edited by nobber on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:05 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Plenty of time to do some business in the transfer window yet. I don't think we can question the Malaysians commitment to this club. My belief is we will get a couple in by 31st August then a couple more when the loan window opens :ayatollah:

I really hope I am wrong but my gut feelings tell me,not enough money is or will be made available.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:05 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Plenty of time to do some business in the transfer window yet. I don't think we can question the Malaysians commitment to this club. My belief is we will get a couple in by 31st August then a couple more when the loan window opens :ayatollah:

I really hope I am wrong but my gut feelings tell me,not enough money is or will be made available.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Can't see us signing anyone for money,I agree we need 4,but I think we ll see a couple of loans,and that's it.hope I'm wrong.

I Agree with you ngriffiths :ayatollah: with the loans.

IF a budget has been put forward,i can't see how more money will be available now to MM.
After all has MM Been given £4M More than DJ had last season,to start the season :?:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WHO BELIEVES A LOT MORE MONEY WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO MALKY ?
I am very sceptical that there will be and I believe we desperately need at least 4 more QUALITY PLAYERS.

I dont believe for one minute there is money available, I think and its only my opinion that the Malaysians have backtracked on their promise of funds being made available for Malky. Maybe a reason why Bellamy wont be coming back as the wage is not available for him, Im getting very sceptical of the motives of the Malaysians. Of course we have a lot to thank them for as without them them I believe we would be dead in the water but surely if their was said funds available then we would have brought in quality by now and not wait until all the decent signings have gone.... personally Id be happy for a mid table end of season as Im not one of the deluded that thinks we are good enough as yet for promotional candidates.

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats what worries,that we dont buy many players, they cant expect Malky to perform miracles and get promotion with nearly all freebies, just my opinion.

People expected it with Jones, so why not with Malky ?

There will be plenty of quality left once the premier league sides announce their 25 man squads after the transfer window closes. Then we will be able to get a couple of high quality players (a striker and right sided midfielder/winger) on season long loans. However before then I still believe we will sign Bellamy (as a free agent ;) ) and probably Chambers.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:08 pm

I cant see major money being made available tbh but it doesnt concern me, it was only about 2 -3 months ago lots were moaning about the increased debt under the Malaysians, we cant have it both ways.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

smilebit wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

People expected it with Jones, so why not with Malky ?

Jones was given MASSIVE and I MEAN MASSIVE WAGES TO GIVE PLAYERS, I am hearing Malky is getting not even half what Jones got to give players, so thats also why I am worried for Malky.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 pm

It really depends on what you call "lots" of money? If you are talking of spending +£2M, then no, if you are talking about a few hundred thousand, then yes.

Malky now has his recruitment team with him, and I expect them to unearth a few surprises (the Norwegian Carl mentioned?)

Loans shouldn't be considered a bad thing either; there was talk of getting Frimpong on loan from Arsenal, but that looks less likely the way they are shedding players.

Once we have Gunnerson & Kiss fit, 3 or 4 players either loan or for a fee would fill the bench. This in it's self poses a problem, Jones was always chided for not giving youth a chance but with 3 or 4 new "quality" signings, I'm not sure where that would leave Blake, Wildig, Alex Evans Ibby Farah & Nat Jarvis?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Can't see any mOney being made available, still trying to understand vt plan.
They are obviously reducing the debt but it now seems that this is their major concern and the playing budget has been halved?
With many other clubs now being purchased by far east money does vt have the appetite for this.
The present squad are mid table at best.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
smilebit wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jones was given MASSIVE and I MEAN MASSIVE WAGES TO GIVE PLAYERS, I am hearing Malky is getting not even half what Jones got to give players, so thats also why I am worried for Malky.

Don't give me this bull over Player wages, That is for the Club and chairman to decide , not a Manager . What did Jones spend last year £200,000 isn't it ?, what Malky spent already ? and lets remember the amount of money brought in with selling players and Cup Runs while Under Jones

I've said it before and say it again. We're in for a long hard season and will be lucky to make the Playoff's

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:29 pm

smilebit wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
smilebit wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Don't give me this bull over Player wages, That is for the Club and chairman to decide , not a Manager . What did Jones spend last year £200,000 isn't it ?, what Malky spent already ? and lets remember the amount of money brought in with selling players and Cup Runs while Under Jones

I've said it before and say it again. We're in for a long hard season and will be lucky to make the Playoff's

MONEY TALKS

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Are all the DJ haters on here are happy with their lot then?
So many on here clamoured for him to be replaced, and without dragging out the degrees of success achieved through the DJ regime, last season not withstanding with the big wages for star names, we still had realistic promotion chances in previous years. Truth is City never had it so good as then, and now the change has been made, the board and MM knew full well what was realistic, MM got three years so im assuming the board were happy with his mission statement for the future of the club and any respective success that he could bring within the lesser budget proposed to him.
Therefore i believe the club made these decisions pragmatically and they see a period of reconcilliation initially with the onus on pushing on thereafter. Thats not to say that promotion can not be realised at this nascent stage og the season. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I think there is money to spend but how much who knows but we did bid £2m for Goodwillie. My gut feeling is that we are more likely to sign loans rather than buy any players if for no other reason than PL or Championship clubs are unlikely to sell players unless it's a really good offer. Maynard at Bristol City is a good example with plenty of clubs sniffing around but none so far coming up with the money Bristol City want. I think Maynard would be a good buy for us but I also believe there is no way the club would find the money to get him.

Also with teams only being able to name 5 subs this season and given our clubs position with defensive players surely we will be looking to move a few players on ourselves. Naylor, Gypes and Parkin come to mind as it is obvious they are well down the pecking order as far as MM is concerned.

I also think that MM may well be looking for a few younger players to develop possibly from League 1 & 2 clubs and these wouldn't cost a fortune but he may need to create space in his budget to bring them in. Again I think he is likely to be working on a lot less than the previous manager had to work with.

I do think that MM has done a really good job so far and I have every confidence he will get the right players in for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:51 pm

I believe the current squad will get us mid table safety, however that won't be good enough for the Malaysians as they want success just as much as everyone else.I think there will be a few surprises over the next couple of weeks.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 pm

So i take it the £20million warchest wasn't true :?:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Bottom line: If we don't get another three quality players in we will be lucky to make mid table. We have no cover in midfield, are slow at center half and light on the wing.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Bottom line: If we don't get another three quality players in we will be lucky to make mid table. We have no cover in midfield, are slow at center half and light on the wing.

although I dont disgaree my priority would be a striker

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Bargains to be had on 31st August (some clubs will be desperate to offload), you mark my words ;) :thumbup: - Then there's the loan window - have faith in Malky and the Malaysians, they haven't put a foot wrong yet

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:33 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Bargains to be had on 31st August (some clubs will be desperate to offload), you mark my words ;) :thumbup: - Then there's the loan window - have faith in Malky and the Malaysians, they haven't put a foot wrong yet

totally agree and said the same type of thing elsewhere.
Prem clubs WILL panic buy then try and off load on last day of the window...if they dont then there will be a lot of players not making 25 man squads and better quality loans will be available.

Must clubs wont loan decent players now when there is a chance they can still get a transfer fee for them.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Bargains to be had on 31st August (some clubs will be desperate to offload), you mark my words ;) :thumbup: - Then there's the loan window - have faith in Malky and the Malaysians, they haven't put a foot wrong yet

totally agree and said the same type of thing elsewhere.
Prem clubs WILL panic buy then try and off load on last day of the window...if they dont then there will be a lot of players not making 25 man squads and better quality loans will be available.

Must clubs wont loan decent players now when there is a chance they can still get a transfer fee for them.

Yes the agents will be working overtime on 31st August trying to find clubs for their players :lol: :lol: :lol: - I think Malky will have his finger on the pulse :thumbup:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

MONEY TALKS

You provide me with proof of Cardiff City wage bill while under Jones and how it was thanks to him alone . You want to talk money ?. How much money did Jones bring into the Club with respect to bring players in and selling them at a profit, never mind the FA Cup runs, how much did Jones spend last season and the year before ?

have faith in Malky and the Malaysians, they haven't put a foot wrong yet

:roll: No that's why we got beat last Wednesday and the thinking of going for Loan players back fired last season (I take it that was the Malaysians plan . I like Malky and his outlook . But the endless singing of his praises, while Bashing and blaming Jones for everything is just a bit much