Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fao Cr Blue and Henrycecil

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 am

Rugby union is shit. That is all.

Re: Fao Cr Blue and Henrycecil

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:04 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Rugby union is shit. That is all.

jealousy wont get you anywhere boss!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 am

True :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:51 am

henrycecil wrote:

Possible, possible not. Still deos not take away the fact rugby union is shit.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

Possible, possible not. Still deos not take away the fact rugby union is shit.

So's Derby.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:59 am

Yep I'll agree with you on that and I can take it you agree with me on my statement, nice one. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Yep I'll agree with you on that and I can take it you agree with me on my statement, nice one. :ayatollah:

Glad we agree on something.

I'm first one to admit rugby isn't as good as football and i prefer to watch football any day. But that didn't stop me going to support the Lions in Australia and it dont stop me going to any Welsh game when i'm fortunate to get a ticket.

Even for someone like you, it must give you some pride when you see Welsh rugby supporters showing passion for their sport and nation, which is the envy of any rugby playing nation in the world. That's what we are famous for and no matter how
much you dislike the game it's here to stay.

Over 140,000 people have watched Wales at home in two friendly games the last fortnight. So the game can't be that bad.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Spot on Ian :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:40 pm

henrycecil wrote:Over 140,000 people have watched Wales at home in two friendly games the last fortnight. So the game can't be that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIWOhisq ... re=related

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:40 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Yep I'll agree with you on that and I can take it you agree with me on my statement, nice one. :ayatollah:

I'm first one to admit rugby isn't as good as football and i prefer to watch football any day. But that didn't stop me going to support the Lions in Australia and it dont stop me going to any Welsh game when i'm fortunate to get a ticket.

Even for someone like you, it must give you some pride when you see Welsh rugby supporters showing passion for their sport and nation, which is the envy of any rugby playing nation in the world. That's what we are famous for and no matter how

Over 140,000 people have watched Wales at home in two friendly games the last fortnight. So the game can't be that bad.

Got a real passionate hate for the game. That goes back to my days at school where I wanted to play football but was forced into rugby.

I am not convinced about the game being here to stay though, well certainly not in its top spot form. I've always believed that once the 2 Welsh football clubs get established in the premier or whatever it will be called that rugby will get hit heavily. To a degree I feel our authorities dont want this as it effects their interests but fortunately they will be powerless soon as you cant stop the populi doing what they want. 23,000 at a midweek game, just under 20,000 at a Jacks game yes even there unbelieveable that, how many at a rugby game? Give and take a few years and the tide will turn and rugby will be lucky to stay a Sunday sport.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

It was exactly the same for me in Ian in the 70's, Football in Wales was Shit on and Eggs belittled and laughed at Cardiff City.
Got a real passionate hate for the game. That goes back to my days at school where I wanted to play football but was forced into rugby.

I am not convinced about the game being here to stay though, well certainly not in its top spot form. I've always believed that once the 2 Welsh football clubs get established in the premier or whatever it will be called that rugby will get hit heavily. To a degree I feel our authorities dont want this as it effects their interests but fortunately they will be powerless soon as you cant stop the populi doing what they want. 23,000 at a midweek game, just under 20,000 at a Jacks game yes even there unbelieveable that, how many at a rugby game? Give and take a few years and the tide will turn and rugby will be lucky to stay a Sunday sport.

It was exactly the same for me in Ian in the 70's, Football in Wales was Shit on and Eggs belittled and laughed at Cardiff City.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Its a dead sport Annis, on its way out. Come the revolution and the only time you will see a rugby ball is in a museum.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Most people on here usually take the piss out of the Jacks support, now you're giving them credit.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:48 pm

henrycecil wrote:Most people on here usually take the piss out of the Jacks support, now you're giving them credit.

Where have I ?

They got 13,000-14,000 on a promotion season last years, PATHETIC,THEY WILL NEVER BE A BIG SUPPORTED CLUB.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Its a dead sport Annis, on its way out. Come the revolution and the only time you will see a rugby ball is in a museum.

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
henrycecil wrote:Most people on here usually take the piss out of the Jacks support, now you're giving them credit.

Where have I ?

They got 13,000-14,000 on a promotion season last years, PATHETIC,THEY WILL NEVER BE A BIG SUPPORTED CLUB.

Wasn't on about you. Read Bakedalasker post.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:56 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Where have I ?

?

Fao Cr Blue and Henrycecil
by Bakedalasker ยป Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 am

Rugby union is shit. That is all.

?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:00 pm

henrycecil wrote:

It is crap support they get. However it is far superior to any rugby support so that just proves my point. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

It is crap support they get. However it is far superior to any rugby support so that just proves my point. :ayatollah:

I'll lay you evens about any premiership game wont have as many as Twickenham will have next week.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

You missing the whole point Henry my chap. Twickenham is a one off like the FA cup. Right lets stick with this shall we. How many watch us when we got to the final, half billion worldwide is a safe bet. How many will be watching Twickenham?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Listen hear Derby boy. You said it's far superior than any rugby support so put your money where your mouth is.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Shall we compare it with its equivalent event. The FA cup final to Twickenham next week.
Then shall we have the same bet like the Jacks support beating the Ospeys? How about us with the Blues?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:40 pm

[quote="Bakedalasker"]Shall we compare it with its equivalent event. The FA cup final to Twickenham next week.
Then shall we have the same bet like the Jacks support beating the Ospeys? How about us with the Blues?[/quote

Originally you didn't say that. So i take it you wont be having it on? I do believe your hate for rugby because who the f**k are the ospeys?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah I'll bet you providing we carry it on like us against the Blues and the Jacks against the Ospreys.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Yeah I'll bet you providing we carry it on like us against the Blues and the Jacks against the Ospreys.

My job is all about laying odds, and that my friend is no offers. But the evens is still available if you wish?

By the way there's no offers about Twickers having more than any premiership.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Even on Twickers Premier followed by evens on Cardiff and the Blues, followed by evens on the Jacks and Ospreys.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:
henrycecil wrote:Over 140,000 people have watched Wales at home in two friendly games the last fortnight. So the game can't be that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIWOhisq ... re=related

How many of them knew what was going on?!!!

:o :o :o

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Yeah I'll bet you providing we carry it on like us against the Blues and the Jacks against the Ospreys.

My job is all about laying odds, and that my friend is no offers. But the evens is still available if you wish?

But buy typical bookmaker standards "old bean" you are edging your bets, you are comparing an international game to a club game, Twickers would probs win by virtue they can hold more people than a prem team ground.

However i would would wager you this, England football team in world cup semi final, England rugby team in a world cup semi final, on the same day, both at home who gets the bigger crowd???
No brainer really, give me odds. oh and odds of that ever happening.. ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm

supercoops wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

But buy typical bookmaker standards "old bean" you are edging your bets, you are comparing an international game to a club game, Twickers would probs win by virtue they can hold more people than a prem team ground.

However i would would wager you this, England football team in world cup semi final, England rugby team in a world cup semi final, on the same day, both at home who gets the bigger crowd???
No brainer really, give me odds. oh and odds of that ever happening.. ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think you will find the correct word is hedging old bean.

Both played in the same stadium one after each other. i'd go 5/6 the two and i got the draw old bean. ;)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:37 pm

what a pointless post ,but what i will say is that i will support wales at any sport they take part in whether i like the sport or not its just in my genes