Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: If I was Keinan I'd get out to save my career

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Why do I get the feeling if Keinan was in the first eleven and Gerrard was on the bench....this post would read 'if I was gerrard..................?

We should be a club, a team. Not a group of whining individuals.

If Keinan gets his chance, he will take it if he is as good as you seem to think. Malky being an ex professional footballer,
who happened to be a centre back probably doesn't know what he is doing anyway.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Best defender?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He's good but wouldnt say our best. :lol:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 pm

hudson is past it! keinan is 5 times the player , don't know why he aint starting :twisted:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:I Reckon it should be Hudson and Keinan at the back. Alot of peopling saying how bad he was end the season, but cmon everyone was shocking end the season, i hope he gets his chance soon and takes it!

fully agree, Hudson and Kienan were a fantastic pairing before Hudson got injured at Millwall last season

Personally, I thought Hudson getting injured last season and the season before, was one of the reasons why we got so close to promotion!

Gerrard and Darcy were superb together 2 seasons ago and we went on a superb run, until Gerard got injured and Hudson came back in to the team, just in time to cock it up in the Play Off Final! :x

I'd give Keinan a run out alongside Gerrard, until Turner is ready for action, as this is the only combination that hasn't been tried and tested over the past 2 and a bit seasons!

Gerrard and Hudson didn't work 2 seasons ago, hasn't really worked too well so far this season, so I'd give Keinan a chance alongside Gerrard, with Keinan being the man in charge at the back!

I'm hoping that Turner can be the General we need over the long term at the back and I'd try Gerrard alongside him initially, as I don't feel that Hudson can play second fiddle in that department!

So what has Gerrard done this season that makes him a choice ahead of Hudson :roll: Gerrard has made a significant mistake in every game so far, including Celtic where he was out jumped by Stokes for the goal. His distribution is poor and he relies on an "up an' at 'em" passionate approach that may impress some but does nothing but paper over the deficiencies he has.

Hudson also has a lack of pace but he reads the game so well and distributes so accurately that he does add something to the team. I actually think he and Keinan were superb from the Jacks game onwards last season mainly because Kienan is quite sharp, not fast but quick footed over first 10 yards, and they worked well together.

Centre backs rely closely on their partner and that is what Malky will be looking for. If Turner is pacey then he is likely to be alongside Hudson, if not then maybe Keinan will be Turner's partner as they may compliment each other :ayatollah:

Bottom line is, Gerrard is not reliable enough to be our main CB, passion alone is fine in Div 1, Div 2 but it ain't enough in the Championship promotion stakes.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Personally, I thought Hudson getting injured last season and the season before, was one of the reasons why we got so close to promotion!

Gerrard and Darcy were superb together 2 seasons ago and we went on a superb run, until Gerrard got injured and Hudson came back in to the team, just in time to cock it up in the Play Off Final! :x

I'd give Keinan a run out alongside Gerrard, until Turner is ready for action, as this is the only combination that hasn't been tried and tested over the past 2 and a bit seasons!

Gerrard and Hudson didn't work 2 seasons ago, hasn't really worked too well so far this season, so I'd give Keinan a chance alongside Gerrard, with Keinan being the man in charge at the back!

I'm hoping that Turner can be the General we need over the long term at the back and I'd try Gerrard alongside him initially, as I don't feel that Hudson can play second fiddle in that department!

So what has Gerrard done this season that makes him a choice ahead of Hudson :roll: Gerrard has made a significant mistake in every game so far, including Celtic where he was out jumped by Stokes for the goal. His distribution is poor and he relies on an "up an' at 'em" passionate approach that may impress some but does nothing but paper over the deficiencies he has.

Hudson also has a lack of pace but he reads the game so well and distributes so accurately that he does add something to the team. I actually think he and Keinan were superb from the Jacks game onwards last season mainly because Kienan is quite sharp, not fast but quick footed over first 10 yards, and they worked well together.

Centre backs rely closely on their partner and that is what Malky will be looking for. If Turner is pacey then he is likely to be alongside Hudson, if not then maybe Keinan will be Turner's partner as they may compliment each other :ayatollah:

Bottom line is, Gerrard is not reliable enough to be our main CB, passion alone is fine in Div 1, Div 2 but it ain't enough in the Championship promotion stakes.

Where did I say that Gerrard should be a choice ahead of Hudson? :?

What I said was, is that Hudson had played alongside all of our centre back options, that none of those partnerships have worked out very successfully and the only partnership that hasn't been tried over the past 2 seasons and a bit, was Gerrard and Keinan!

Gerrard and Keinan should be given a run out together IMO, until Turner is up to speed and see how it works out!

Neither Gerrard's or Hudson's distribution is great and whilst Hudson may well be able to read the game well, he's too slow to do anything about a lot of the situations he finds himself in, because of his lack of pace!

I agree that centre backs rely on their partners, but in Hudson's case, he relies on them too much, as he's not quick enough and which is also why he tends to defend so deep, as he likes the security of the gaolkeeper just behind him, as he turns slower than fresh milk!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Hudson is by far our best centre back and i look forward to his partnership with Turner :ayatollah:
Gypes,Gerrard,Keinan are not good enough for a team with promotion ambitions i'm afraid.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:I Reckon it should be Hudson and Keinan at the back. Alot of peopling saying how bad he was end the season, but cmon everyone was shocking end the season, i hope he gets his chance soon and takes it!

fully agree, Hudson and Kienan were a fantastic pairing before Hudson got injured at Millwall last season

Personally, I thought Hudson getting injured last season and the season before, was one of the reasons why we got so close to promotion!

Gerrard and Darcy were superb together 2 seasons ago and we went on a superb run, until Gerard got injured and Hudson came back in to the team, just in time to cock it up in the Play Off Final! :x

Again, another who feels that Gerrard and Blake were a central defensive partnership akin to Vidic and Ferdinand :roll:

Gerrard and Blake were alright, similar to the McNaughton and Keinan partnership last season. We had injuries at the back and these two partnerships were out of sheer necessity. To put it simply, they did an OK job.

I'm actually glad you have the sense to realise Gerrard was injured for virtually the whole play-off 'campaign' (even though he did appear late on in the final), and that Hudson did not replace him for the final like some to think :roll:

Hudson and Gerrard/Turner/Keinan for me :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Hudson is by far our best centre back and i look forward to his partnership with Turner :ayatollah:
Gypes,Gerrard,Keinan are not good enough for a team with promotion ambitions i'm afraid.

All about opinions mate, but I can't agree with yours unfortunately! :) :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Hudson is by far our best centre back and i look forward to his partnership with Turner :ayatollah:

All about opinions mate, but I can't agree with yours unfortunately! :) :ayatollah:

No worries :ayatollah: