Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: If I was Keinan I'd get out to save my career

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 pm

It's a squad game and he is used to being sub at clubs, he'll get a chance in time.

As for Parkin, waste of a lot of space.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 pm

best defender my arse

hes rightly third --miles behind Hudson ---well behind gerrard and about the same as Gypes

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 pm

this the same keinan that gifted reading a penalty in the semi playoff??

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:
ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:this the same keinan that gifted reading a penalty in the semi playoff??

This is the same Kienan which had he not have been recruited we wouldn't have made the play-offs in the first place.

If we ha signed keinan at the start of last season like DJ wanted we would have got top 2 IMO.

As for reading game, c'mon? He made a Mistake, watch Vidic, ferdinand, Terry etc they do them as well.
In fact gerrard had made HUGE mistakes in every game so far, luckily it's only cost us against Bristol.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Mafor wrote:best defender my arse

hes rightly third --miles behind Hudson ---well behind gerrard and about the same as Gypes

He's as good as Gerrard if not better, miles better than Gyepes, the best footballing centre-half we currently have, and he was forming an excellent partnership with Hudson (the best centre-half partnership we've had for the past 2 seasons IMO) until Hudson was unfortunately injured at Millwall.

He'll get his chance.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Keinan is twice the defender Captain Calamity is! He knocks spots off Hudson as a centre back!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 pm

I still can't believe people don't realise how much we missed Hudson alongside Keinan after Hudson was injured at the end of last season. You could just see, while he was out, how much he brings to the table. We all know he isn't the quickest (as some are only too quick in pointing out :roll: ), but his distribution (which people consistently argue is a very apparent weakness of his game) is actually OK (his long-range passes, or long balls, are certainly more accurate than Gerrard's, who tries to impersonate his more famous cousin when attempting them, but obviously people are expecting Hudson to be Xabi Alonso :roll: ).

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:Keinan is twice the defender Captain Calamity is! He knocks spots off Hudson as a centre back!

You're joking ?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

Not in the slightest!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 am

Peely CCFC PT wrote:Not in the slightest!

Oh dear.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:05 am

Keinan is the best footballing CB at the club.
He needs a go, don't matter if it is with Hudson or Gerrard.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:11 am

Keinan & Gerrard for me.

Ive never liked hudson and i hate the fact hes our captain why not give kev the armband and let him lead the team.

For me Hudson is just a brown nose and i bet he was licking MM arse before he sat down and put pen to paper.

This football team over the last few season has had a very good scoring rate and at the end of the season 2 or 3 players end up in the top ten but yet we still cant get the job done and why is that.

Because hudson is leading the back 4 and he's sh*t at doing his own job let alone telling the other 3 what to do.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:17 am

I agree, Keinan is definitely the best CB we have right now. I don't understand why he isn't playing, baffles me.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:01 am

thewelshfella wrote:Keinan & Gerrard for me.

Ive never liked hudson and i hate the fact hes our captain why not give kev the armband and let him lead the team.

For me Hudson is just a brown nose and i bet he was licking MM arse before he sat down and put pen to paper.

This football team over the last few season has had a very good scoring rate and at the end of the season 2 or 3 players end up in the top ten but yet we still cant get the job done and why is that.

Because hudson is leading the back 4 and he's sh*t at doing his own job let alone telling the other 3 what to do.

What a bitter post.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:14 am

ffs get a grip! hudson was king of the mountain last sunday!! now he and gerrard are twats in all but name!! we need a centre back to play with one or other because both lack pace! doesnt make them bad defenders overnight!
anybody remember gerrrards tackle against west ham! oh i forgot it was a fourtnight ago! fickle as f**k!! why not f**k off and support another team!! while im at it!! utter cunts!!!! :angryfire:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:14 am

You could roll all our 4 central detenders into 1 and you still wouldnt get a good 1. This position has been a problem for a couple of seasons and wants sorting FAST.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:38 am

tommo blue wrote:You could roll all our 4 central detenders into 1 and you still wouldnt get a good 1. This position has been a problem for a couple of seasons and wants sorting FAST.

disagree. we need contrast! there is no doubt hudson and gerrard have their difficences its pace! all we need is someone to counteract that! someone to read what hudson/gerrard does. there are very few centre halves more dominant than gerrard or hudson via aerial threats! im quite confident malky will sort it! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 am

Personally I like Keinan but even if he was our best CB the decision has to be is he best within a 4 player unit.

Sometimes really good defenders dont play well as a unit and there maybe the preference to play a slightly weaker defender who does play well as a unit.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:51 am

He's a squad player, same as the rest of them, he was on the bench yesterday, and will get his chance. :roll:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:59 am

Keinan by far the best centre back we have. Good in the air, strong tackler and good distribution from the back. Yes he makes the odd mistake at the back but name me a defender who doesn't. Yes a lot of goals are scored through individual brilliance but a lot are scored from defensive errors, thats why we love the game the ball does go in the back of the net occcasionally :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 am

Why do people now doubt MM's judgement. He has the responsibility of picking the side. Do you really believe that he would put out his weakest defence deliberately. One minute people are saying in Malky we trust and then suddenly he is made out to have flawed judgement.
When DJ got sacked you could have applied for the position.
I for one feel Malkey has done very good job in such a short time and he has my trust.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 am

ridofrid wrote:Why do people now doubt MM's judgement. He has the responsibility of picking the side. Do you really believe that he would put out his weakest defence deliberately. One minute people are saying in Malky we trust and then suddenly he is made out to have flawed judgement.
When DJ got sacked you could have applied for the position.
I for one feel Malkey has done very good job in such a short time and he has my trust.

I agree with you he has done a fab job but football is all about opinions and some of us believe Keinan is the best we have got. I am one of those people. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 am

we're 4 games in...and if you were keinan you'd leave.. :roll: cool story bro

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

Keinan did alright for us starting off, but then started showing his limitations. He was poor ever since the Barnsley home game and then went on to make numerous mistakes towards the end of the season. Keinan became a liability and I can understand why he isn't in the team. I would ship him out while we can still get some cash for him and bring a new centre back in.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

Haha Midfield General would run away than stay and fight for something, why am I not surprised. :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Keinan did alright for us starting off, but then started showing his limitations. He was poor ever since the Barnsley home game and then went on to make numerous mistakes towards the end of the season. Keinan became a liability and I can understand why he isn't in the team. I would ship him out while we can still get some cash for him and bring a new centre back in.

He did start to struggle however he did have Super Kev alongside him for a long period and he was also continuously making mistakes.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 pm

People mentioning the penalty in the 2nd leg of the play off - without Keinan, we probably would've been out of it in the first leg.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 pm

I Reckon it should be Hudson and Keinan at the back. Alot of peopling saying how bad he was end the season, but cmon everyone was shocking end the season, i hope he gets his chance soon and takes it!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 am

Midfield general wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:I Reckon it should be Hudson and Keinan at the back. Alot of peopling saying how bad he was end the season, but cmon everyone was shocking end the season, i hope he gets his chance soon and takes it!

fully agree, Hudson and Kienan were a fantastic pairing before Hudson got injured at Millwall last season

Personally, I thought Hudson getting injured last season and the season before, was one of the reasons why we got so close to promotion!

Gerrard and Darcy were superb together 2 seasons ago and we went on a superb run, until Gerard got injured and Hudson came back in to the team, just in time to cock it up in the Play Off Final! :x

I'd give Keinan a run out alongside Gerrard, until Turner is ready for action, as this is the only combination that hasn't been tried and tested over the past 2 and a bit seasons!

Gerrard and Hudson didn't work 2 seasons ago, hasn't really worked too well so far this season, so I'd give Keinan a chance alongside Gerrard, with Keinan being the man in charge at the back!

I'm hoping that Turner can be the General we need over the long term at the back and I'd try Gerrard alongside him initially, as I don't feel that Hudson can play second fiddle in that department!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 am

Midfield general wrote:I'd agree with the majority of that especially what happened two seasons ago but I do think Hudson vastly improved last season and Darcy didn't step up after that run of games leading to the play off final

I'd agree that Hudson has improved, but I don't believe that he is up to the task of leading the team at the back and certainly not in playing second fiddle to another player, who I think we need, to marshall the defence!