Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We lack quality!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Looking at our team at the moment it looks like we still need about three-four more players

Target Man- We defiantly need a target man in my eyes, two short strikers dosent look good neither miller or earnshaw can win header nor can either of them hold the ball up, i know we have gestede but hes still young and hes not ready. We should use earnshaw like forest did bring him on in the late stages of the match when all the players are tired with his pace he should be much more threatening then.

Holding Midfielder- Playing whittingham holding midfield is shocking we need someone who can actually tackle and add a bit of creativity to the team, we have gunnarson i know and he is a quality player but he is more of a box to box midfielder, another solution is fillip kiss i havent yet seen this kid hopefully hes good.

Lack of creativity- at brighton we played shocking, i didnt understand why we were playing wide with 2 short striker every time it went to the midfield it would end up on the wings and crossed to no one, and kenny looked so lazy he lacked movement, we need to be putting balls through the middle not just wide every time we get we need to pick holes in the defence another problem is were bringing our full backs up so much were just getting countered against on the wings,

This team is a big step up and i think good things are going to come for the future at cardiff city fc, i beleive in malky dont think im knocking just think we lack postions and players also dont compare him to jones hes only had 4 games, we shouldnt expect promotion in his first season but very soon i think we will defo be up there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We lack quality!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 pm

CodKillzxz wrote:Looking at our team at the moment it looks like we still need about three-four more players

Target Man- We defiantly need a target man in my eyes, two short strikers dosent look good neither miller or earnshaw can win header nor can either of them hold the ball up, i know we have gestede but hes still young and hes not ready. We should use earnshaw like forest did bring him on in the late stages of the match when all the players are tired with his pace he should be much more threatening then.

Holding Midfielder- Playing whittingham holding midfield is shocking we need someone who can actually tackle and add a bit of creativity to the team, we have gunnarson i know and he is a quality player but he is more of a box to box midfielder, another solution is fillip kiss i havent yet seen this kid hopefully hes good.

Lack of creativity- at brighton we played shocking, i didnt understand why we were playing wide with 2 short striker every time it went to the midfield it would end up on the wings and crossed to no one, and kenny looked so lazy he lacked movement, we need to be putting balls through the middle not just wide every time we get we need to pick holes in the defence another problem is were bringing our full backs up so much were just getting countered against on the wings,

This team is a big step up and i think good things are going to come for the future at cardiff city fc, i beleive in malky dont think im knocking just think we lack postions and players also dont compare him to jones hes only had 4 games, we shouldnt expect promotion in his first season but very soon i think we will defo be up there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Welcome Codkilzxz :ayatollah: Some good points there.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:54 pm

CodKillzxz wrote: Target Man

Scored 4 of our 6 goals with Miller and Earnshaw up front.

Holding Midfielder

Gunnarson and Kiss are injured and we beat Bristol and got a draw during the three games Whitt's played this role, it's not ideal no but with players out I fail to see your problem.

at brighton we played shocking

No we didn't.

Creativity comes from Whitts and Cowie, but you can't win every game. With Kiss and/or Gunnar coming back this will free them up considerably. It's four games with one loss so far. Think your moan is a tad premature and ill informed.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:03 pm

RFMH wrote:

Holding Midfielder

Gunnarson and Kiss are injured and we beat Bristol and got a draw during the three games Whitt's played this role, it's not ideal no but with players out I fail to see your problem.

at brighton we played shocking

No we didn't.

Creativity comes from Whitts and Cowie, but you can't win every game. With Kiss and/or Gunnar coming back this will free them up considerably. It's four games with one loss so far. Think your moan is a tad premature and ill informed.

I know brighton was a hard game and kiss and gunnarson are injured but i still think we one extra holding midfielder, we have a small team as it is were going to be getting so tired going to be a long season

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:06 pm

`be interesting to hear how Blake did (allbeit briefly) in the holding role, my preference for him as he can perform that task with cover around him.

Maybe that's where we will see him on Tuesday.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:
RFMH wrote:

A target mans role is more than scoring goals. If you dont have a target man to hold the ball up and slow the game down when required then the pressure on the defence is more great because the ball will keep on coming back to you.

Fully agreed a target man is a main priority i think, also then we can use earnie like forest did!