Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: f.a.o DR BLUE REF RUGBY NATIONAL SPORT

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Internationally Rugby is obviously much bigger than football,but club games no way, just look at the size of the crowds the Blues & Ospreys get compared to CCFC & SCFC,football is by far more popular than rugby in my opinion & many a thousand more.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Football's the national sport.....no Rugby's the national sport......no Football's the national sport.....no Rugby's the national sport.....

Who gives a shit??!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Wales - Small country, 3mill approx - National Sport Football, The only ones who think Rugby is the National Sport are the stupid, daft, pissed women shreiking puking wearing red hats falling over and sucking men off in chip alley on a Rugby International weekend. Rugby is f*cking shit.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:06 pm

llewgoch wrote:Wales - Small country, 3mill approx - National Sport Football, The only ones who think Rugby is the National Sport are the stupid, daft, pissed women shreiking puking wearing red hats falling over and sucking men off in chip alley on a Rugby International weekend. Rugby is f*cking shit.

Sucking men off? when's the next game?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

i think if u take all the people who individualy recognise the faces of all the wales rugby players and added them all together...

...they would still be outnumbered by those around the world who regognise Ryan Giggs alone.....

...and he hasnt been on strictly

national sport? please!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:32 am

henrycecil wrote:
llewgoch wrote:Wales - Small country, 3mill approx - National Sport Football, The only ones who think Rugby is the National Sport are the stupid, daft, pissed women shreiking puking wearing red hats falling over and sucking men off in chip alley on a Rugby International weekend. Rugby is f*cking shit.

Sucking men off? when's the next game?
get me tickets :lol: :lol: i played rugby for 20 years and you would be surprised how many palyers are very big football fans, as for the welsh football team.................................................well what can you say :oops:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 am

Your not going to get very far promoting your game on a footballing website.Wales may be rugby nation,that is only because in school it is given priority over football.The only reason it may have more 'followers' is simply those who don't have a sport merely pick the one we are best at.Football will only become better in this country if it is promoted and encouraged at a young age. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:11 pm

More people play and watch football in Wales than they do rugby.

That makes football the bigger support.

AC/DC's Back In Black is the second biggest selling album of all time, until someone sells more it always will be. Until it shifts more units than the paedos Thriller it will always be the second best selling album. I love AC/DC and Back In Black but if I shut my eyes and keep saying that they are the biggest band of all time it just will not make it so.

Until rugby has more people playing and watching it will be the second sport in Wales and do you know what? It has been for about twenty years.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm

The Millenium Stadium is owned by The Millenium Stadium PLC, which is a subsidery company of the Welsh Rugby Union.

I find it quite odd how a country of only approx 3 million can have an unbelievable stadium for it's ''second sport''. Where as our national sport (football) doesn't even have a permanent home. There's even talk about Wales football playing at Jenner park soon, just to accomodate the 615 or so who watched us beat Northen Ireland recently.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 pm

henrycecil wrote:The Millenium Stadium is owned by The Millenium Stadium PLC, which is a subsidery company of the Welsh Rugby Union.

I find it quite odd how a country of only approx 3 million can have an unbelievable stadium for it's ''second sport''. Where as our national sport (football) doesn't even have a permanent home. There's even talk about Wales football playing at Jenner park soon, just to accomodate the 615 or so who watched us beat Northen Ireland recently.

Cecil that was the cup of nations or whatever it was all the attendances were shocking so dont bring that to back you up

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Sorry boss, it was either Jenner or Pontcanna fields. Pretty sure it was one of them.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I think we are mixing up our most popular sport with our national sport. A national sport is a game that is considered to be an intrinsic part of a culture of a nation. Like it or not, the national sport of Wales is Rugby union.
The most watched and played sport in Wales is football, but it is not our national sport.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:I think we are mixing up our most popular sport with our national sport. A national sport is a game that is considered to be an intrinsic part of a culture of a nation. Like it or not, the national sport of Wales is Rugby union.
The most watched and played sport in Wales is football, but it is not our national sport.

Quite right sir. But 90% of people on here are jealous about our national sport.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:11 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:I think we are mixing up our most popular sport with our national sport. A national sport is a game that is considered to be an intrinsic part of a culture of a nation. Like it or not, the national sport of Wales is Rugby union.

Quite right sir. But 90% of people on here are jealous about our national sport.

wouldn't say jealous but fed up of the press bigging it up and egg head teachers forcing their minority sport on welsh kids

but it makes sportsmen out of fat people :D can't be all bad

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:15 pm

It's all about..........NETBALL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: