Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHOPS MIGHT BE HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Posh 4 - Ipswich 1 after 41 mins

Re: CHOPS MIGHT BE HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:07 pm

What second thoughts would he be having given we got rid of him?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Thinking that Ipswich would be a good move?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 pm

And which teams precisely made bids that we'd agreed?

Would that number be one?

So either go to Ipswich or sit on his arse picking up his wages for us...

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Posh 4 - Ipswich 1 after 41 mins

Make it 5-1 and 9 men!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Well he did have the opportunity to get off his arse with us and score some goals but he chose not to...........

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:37 pm

cityone wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:Posh 4 - Ipswich 1 after 41 mins

Make it 5-1 and 9 men!!!!

Make that 6-1 now!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Nerd why are your posts always condescending?? Maybe you don't mean to be but a lot of your posts are. Annoyingly annoying!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Chops & the boys must of went out last night ;)

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Paul Jewell might be going somewhere soon!!!

Chops just been taken off as well!!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Nerd why are your posts always condescending?? Maybe you don't mean to be but a lot of your posts are. Annoyingly annoying!

You are right baseboy007

Give a guy a break mun Nerd.
Dont think the Fusilier was bitching or particularly spiteful - just commenting on the merry-go-round of money, choices and football bro

Chops will be one of our City ledgends, along with Bothroyd when we look back in years to come (whether they will play in testimonials is debatable though) - Chops went for cash and good times, get over it. Our soldier was not bashing he was bunging in a cheeky thread :)

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Nerd why are your posts always condescending?? Maybe you don't mean to be but a lot of your posts are. Annoyingly annoying!

If you're annoyed, then you must be the target audience.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Chopra has decided he,s injured and has come off, by the way i was keeping a close eye on jet when it was one nil to ipswich and at one all and he really is a lazy arse!!!!h

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:01 pm

eddiep wrote:

You are right baseboy007

Give a guy a break mun Nerd.
Dont think the Fusilier was bitching or particularly spiteful - just commenting on the merry-go-round of money, choices and football bro

Chops will be one of our City ledgends, along with Bothroyd when we look back in years to come (whether they will play in testimonials is debatable though) - Chops went for cash and good times, get over it. Our soldier was not bashing he was bunging in a cheeky thread :)

Will always respect Chops for what he did for us but my point was to somewhat emphasise that the "Grass in not always Greener" somewhere else and that I am sure he could have stayed with us if he wanted to,

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

cityone wrote:Chopra has decided he,s injured and has come off, by the way i was keeping a close eye on jet when it was one nil to ipswich and at one all and he really is a lazy arse!!!!h

I was keeping a close eye on him and your right, he is one lazy player.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:
Will always respect Chops for what he did for us but my point was to somewhat emphasise that the "Grass in not always Greener" somewhere else and that I am sure he could have stayed with us if he wanted to,

How would he have stayed with us "if he wanted to"?

This wasn't the case where a ridiculously high offer was made, forcing us to sell.

He was sold before Mackay was appointed after all.

Chopra may well have wanted to stay - who knows - he had no say in the matter. We accepted a bid, pretty clear to him he'd not be featuring for us.

If he'd turned the move down, people in this thread would be blasting him for sitting on his arse picking up the money!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Michael Chopra was the last player to score a hat-trick at Ninian Park and the first to get a hat-trick at the CCS. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:11 pm

nerd wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:

How would he have stayed with us "if he wanted to"?

This wasn't the case where a ridiculously high offer was made, forcing us to sell.

He was sold before Mackay was appointed after all.

You say that he was sold before Malky was appointed - how do YOU know that he was not going to feature in his squad.

Also I believe that we did not get a great deal of money from the sale due to a clause in the deal we had with Sunderland - can you enlighten me!?
Chopra may well have wanted to stay - who knows - he had no say in the matter. We accepted a bid, pretty clear to him he'd not be featuring for us.

If he'd turned the move down, people in this thread would be blasting him for sitting on his arse picking up the money!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh dear, 7-1

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Chops, will always be a legend to me, there is no-one to match is goal scoring record in the last 40 yrs.
I await to be shot down in flames as per norm... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:26 pm

supercoops wrote:Chops, will always be a legend to me, there is no-one to match is goal scoring record in the last 40 yrs.
I await to be shot down in flames as per norm... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree Coops it is just a shame that he will be remembered for his off field antics whilst here which is a damn shame.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:26 pm

supercoops wrote:Chops, will always be a legend to me, there is no-one to match is goal scoring record in the last 40 yrs.

Definitely a quality finisher, tho I suspect Earnie's record was better.

Problem being his drinking, plus his goals tended to come in bursts with lengthy gaps.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 pm

I agree with you, Chops is a legend in my eyes. Shame he didn't have enough self control when it came to partying and gambling. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 pm

I saw that pony-tailed tit Robbie Savage on TV at the start of the season saying Ipswich were the team to beat and would win the league!
It just proves my point that Welshman no f*ck all about Soccer and should stick to our NATIONAL GAME called RUGBY!!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:35 pm

I least we have won something in football.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Dr Blue wrote:I saw that pony-tailed tit Robbie Savage on TV at the start of the season saying Ipswich were the team to beat and would win the league!
It just proves my point that Welshman no f*ck all about Soccer and should stick to our NATIONAL GAME called RUGBY!!

Is your assertion that Welshman KNOW as much about FOOTBALL as you do about the English language?

Seriously, I'd give you 1/10 for the actual troll persona, but 10/10 for effort.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Big big win for Peteborough looks like Chops has changed the culture at Ipswich already. The team were most prob at an house party in Hereford till early hours. Glad we got rid of the fecker. Cant get the drinkgate out of my system.