Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Egg Chasing

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:40 pm

football is def a bigger sport than rugby in wales...

cardiff city average 24k a week attendance, swansea around 18-20k

cardiff blues barely get 10k and the ospreys struggle for 6k

yes on six nations we have a full house at the rugby, but its now just a day out for pissed up idiots in pink cowboy hats and daffodiles on their heads...

more seriously though people see the rugby internationals as day out/event, those who watch the internationals rarely follow club rugby..

welsh football hasnt been great over the last couple of yrs, as football supporters drop off with performances , proven by having 70+k regularly when we were top of our group a few yrs back.. its the same for club football, if cardiff or swansea dropped into league 1 and 2 etc.. so the attendances would drop..

but more people on a weekly basis play football and watch football than rugby, but for those couple of weeks in feb, march etc.. the rugby sells out as an event..

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Dr Blue wrote:Why all this hating on Rugby? This is Wales ffs!!! Rugby will always be our national game. I dont understand why people on this forum hate it so much. Hang your heads in shame, you call yourselves Welshman? F*cking disgrace.
I am a City supporter, but Welsh Rugby will always be #1. Have a good evening you sad Rugby hating tossers!!

Dont hate rugby, hate rugby dominated media and schooling system in South Wales that rams it down your throat making a massive assumption that everybody in Wales is interested in the game. The fact is that it only appeals to a small number of our population in the south of the country. I find it quite refreshing now living in England where the sporting order is actually reported in order of priority and interest, First Football (Even when the RWC is on the Premier and Football Leagues will always take priority, then Cricket then Rugby and do know what you don't hear anybody complaining over here because it is excepted as a minority sport...same as it is in Wales.

I also find it sad when I here people say things like "call yourself a welshman and you don't support the Rugby team?" Well where you happen to be born is of no work of yourself so how can you be proud of it? Be proud of what you have done or in other words be proud of who you are not where you come from.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Dr Blue wrote:
cityone wrote:
Dr Blue wrote:What a bunch of class A nob-heads you guys are. Rugby is not the national sport of Wales? Football is? The level of interbreeding going on in your families is obviously off the chart.
Wales are outrageously crap at football, and it send me to sleep watching them. We can compete against the best in the world at Rugby you f*cking morons. :D

The national sport of any country is based on the amount of people taking part not how successfull you are, there are THREE times the amount of people playing football at all levels in wales compared to rugby, attendances at football are far higher than they are in rugby it,s the media in wales who have decided to call rugby our national sport, for the record i want wales to win in any sport, including rugby!!!!!

Fair enough mate, but do you get a tear in your eye when the anthem is played before a Soccer match? doubt it. There's not a dry eye in the country before a Wales Rugby match.
Lets face it, Wales is a Rugby country. Soccer is a very far behind second.

Again a rugby fan making a massive assumption here, do you know this is a fact? Its comments like this that make me mad and turn people who just don't give a dam against rugby :twisted: Because the majority of Wales just could give a toss myself included, so don't include me in your pathetic self indulgent wet dreams over the welsh rugby team and national anthem.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 pm

^
Skywalker. If a tongue in cheek comment on a message board gets you "Mad", I would suggest you go and live in a cave with a poster of the Cardiff City squad for masterbation material. And that chant "The greatest team in football the world has ever seen" do you really beleive that? I'm sure Real Madrid, Barca and AC Milan would have something to say on that subject. :D

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Dr Blue wrote:^
Skywalker. If a tongue in cheek comment on a message board gets you "Mad", I would suggest you go and live in a cave with a poster of the Cardiff City squad for masterbation material. And that chant "The greatest team in football the world has ever seen" do you really beleive that? I'm sure Real Madrid, Barca and AC Milan would have something to say on that subject. :D

Bloody hell, are you that unintelligent ?! :shock:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

I think so, but you would get a better answer off my full time helper, she's in the kitchen making me Spaghetti Alphabets on toast.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Dr Blue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

I think so, but you would get a better answer off my full time helper, she's in the kitchen making me Spaghetti Alphabets on toast.

Thought so.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Dr Blue wrote:What a bunch of class A nob-heads you guys are. Rugby is not the national sport of Wales? Football is? The level of interbreeding going on in your families is obviously off the chart.
Wales are outrageously crap at football, and it send me to sleep watching them. We can compete against the best in the world at Rugby you f*cking morons. :D

Rugby isn't a global sport, only about 5 teams are elite. Who knocked Wales out of the last world cup?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Big city fan ... :jokercolor:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Dr Blue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Bloody hell, are you that unintelligent ?! :shock:

Ah, it all makes sense now!

Don't stay up too late now. Peppa Pig is on early tomorrow.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:23 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:

Rugby isn't a global sport, only about 5 teams are elite. Who knocked Wales out of the last world cup?

Only 118 national teams registered with the IRB. What do you mean by "Elite" are you some kind of special forces war hero like that grangend chef?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Dr Blue wrote:
cardiff uber alles wrote:

Only 118 national teams registered with the IRB. What do you mean by "Elite" are you some kind of special forces war hero like that grangend chef?

Forgive me rugby is massive in every corner of the globe, I must've taken leave of my senses.

Bellend

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 pm

welsh rugby = wankers. take that to rugby forum dr.blue you c**t.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 pm

murphy wrote:welsh rugby = wankers. take that to rugby forum dr.blue you c**t.

I've got someone from Tonyrefial calling me a c*nt. Thats a first for me. How do you manage to get online? Have they got electricity in the Caravans up there yet? Or are you down in civilisation at a cyber cafe?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:06 am

Dr Blue wrote:

I've got someone from Tonyrefial calling me a c*nt. Thats a first for me. How do you manage to get online? Have they got electricity in the Caravans up there yet? Or are you down in civilisation at a cyber cafe?

have you been to tonyrefail these days. plenty of nice houses and plenty more being built and i'm not short of a few bob myself i must say. :D

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 am

murphy wrote:
Dr Blue wrote:

have you been to tonyrefail these days. plenty of nice houses and plenty more being built and i'm not short of a few bob myself i must say. :D

With the greatest respect, why on earth would I want to go to Tonyrefail? I'm a Cardiff boy. I've never even been there tbh, but it sounds shit and proper grim. :P

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 am

i am a fan of both----am an st in the family stand along with my boy,but being from neath my rugby allegiance is with the ospreys.Going back a few years ago i was an st with neath who had average gates of 8ooo plus-better than our jack rugby neighbours-when the ospreys were formed and neath/swansea merged very few neath people bought ospreys sts and of those who did i do not know any who currently have ospreys sts,its so much hassle to get to the puberty from neath if you want to have a few beers before and after.I went back to my roots and started watching the city again,Saturday afternoon fixtures with a few beers before -missus drives us up and goes shopping she loves it.There are so many lads in the egg towns in South wales who follow both rugby & football,if we could become an established mid table epl side like say stoke/fulham/bolton then in embracing these people we would comfortably get a 35000 plus av crowd in a newly expanded stadium.
The point of my post really is to say ,dont alienate egg fans-they are the potential city fans of the future-virtually everyone in the big egg towns neighbouring Jacktown hate them-Neath & llanelli are the 6th & 7th biggest by population in wales and hate the jacks to say the least.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:23 am

I like the Egg as do most people i know. I'd have to say that, in the past Wales nationa sport was Rugby, but now football has taken over. Wales are still best at Rugby, but like say about. Most popular sport played is football

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:37 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but when blues play the ospreys that's like the equivalent of a top 6 Prem game? Yet they still have to advertise it on the side of bus stops etc and usually only half fill it. Now if u had city playing the jacks at the millennium ud sell of out easy..national sport indeed!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:48 am

What is a true Welshman? Definition required please. I want to see how I measure up :lol:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:14 am

From a Wales Nation point of view, rugby seem to be the ~National sport
From a club point of view (and grassroots) - football definitely is
Still - what the hell does National Sport mean anyway
Look at Australia - is it cricket, Australian Rules, Rugby Union, Rugby League, or now even soccer (lol)
Who cares
Support what you want when you want - you can't criticise those that don't
I have played both and follow both - but I appreciate some rugby people hate football, and some football people hate rugby.
What I can't understand is those that want their country to lose - that is a bit strange - probably just as a backlash againsty those that support it.

Thu chap that started this thread though, has dne nothing for the defence of RU - very poorly defended - I think he's leaked (leeked) a few tries :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:14 am

Sorry didn't sound tongue in cheek to me, sounded like you were preaching facts to us, maybe you should add "In my opinion" to the beginning of such a quote. You maybe the stereotypical welshman and that is fine, but stop spurting of this nonsense on A Cardiff City message board.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 am

no point in raising any valid points against this deluded fool so im just going to repeat my original post.....f*cking idiot!!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:26 am

tazmania wrote:no point in raising any valid points against this deluded fool so im just going to repeat my original post.....f*cking idiot!!

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:37 am

skywalker wrote:

What is a true Welshman? Definition required please. I want to see how I measure up :lol:

My definition of a true Welshman is someone who has studied the history of the Welsh people, who knows exactly where we came from is proud of our unique heritage.
You guys are drooling over making man love to foreign lads kicking a ball around a patch of grass.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:58 am

Dr Blue wrote:
My definition of a true Welshman is someone who has studied the history of the Welsh people, who knows exactly where we came from is proud of our unique heritage.
You guys are drooling over making man love to foreign lads kicking a ball around a patch of grass.

Ummm,

Well then how can you follow rugby when one of the Welsh legends is a guy called Rupert Moon?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Dr Blue wrote:
skywalker wrote:

Charvis, Sinkinson, Howarth, Peter Rogers (South African accent), I could go on -
Dr Blue - give it up - you are doing Rugby a disservice with your lack of intelligence and emotional idiotic statments

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Dr Blue wrote:

Ummm,

Well then how can you follow rugby when one of the Welsh legends is a guy called Rupert Moon?

Thats such a pathectically lame riposte i'm going to ignore it, feel sorry for you and move on. Next!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 pm

You mean you have no answer to it.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Dr Blue wrote:My definition of a true Welshman is someone who has studied the history of the Welsh people, who knows exactly where we came from is proud of our unique heritage.

A classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

The list of foreign players that have played rugby for Wales, and have played professionally in Wales is huge. The WRU have allowed a lot of players to pretend to be "proud" Welshmen and play for Wales through tenuous ancestral links or based on residency, basically having lived in Wales for a certain number of years.

On top of that, my mate tells me that the WRU are sponsoring/paying for a load of Canadians to play in North Wales at the moment as well.

:lol: