Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Honest Predictions

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:41 am

City should make the play offs at least, but I honestly think we will just miss out if we dont sign another 4 players.

The Jacks will not win more than 9 games in the Premier league this season.

Re: My Honest Predictions

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:City should make the play offs at least, but I honestly think we will just miss out if we dont sign another 4 players.

We will sign the additional players before the window closes and improve as the team gains experience as a unit. Just three of the players Brighton used, including one sub, are new to their team this season (Vincelot, Hoskins and Mackail-Smith). By contrast, seven of the CCFC players used, including one sub, are new to the team - and that statistic excludes Gerrard as a returnee.

The Wigan game (rather than the Man City game) will provide a better indicator on how Swansea are likely to perform this season. I wouldn't underestimate their potential to win at least 11/12 games and stay up. I hope that we will get to play them in the Premiership next year - that can only be good for Welsh football in general.

Personally, I think that both clubs can do better than you predict, but it is probably 3-5 weeks too early to tell.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks for the info.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Karl wrote:Thanks for the info.

Pleasure.

I do not think that the Brighton or Man City results in themselves tell us much about how CCFC and Swansea will perform this season. Things should be a lot clearer by the end of September.

CCFC players and management (e.g Earnie) have asked for a little patience from fans in the early games and we would be wise to listen to that request.

Hopefully, today's game will get us back to winning ways.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Karl wrote:Thanks for the info.

Pleasure.

I do not think that the Brighton or Man City results in themselves tell us much about how CCFC and Swansea will perform this season. Things should be a lot clearer by the end of September.

CCFC players and management (e.g Earnie) have asked for a little patience from fans in the early games and we would be wise to listen to that request.

Hopefully, today's game will get us back to winning ways.

I agree.

I was surprised to see how well we've been playing with so many new players.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:City should make the play offs at least, but I honestly think we will just miss out if we dont sign another 4 players.

We will sign the additional players before the window closes and improve as the team gains experience as a unit. Just three of the players Brighton used, including one sub, are new to their team this season (Vincelot, Hoskins and Mackail-Smith). By contrast, seven of the CCFC players used, including one sub, are new to the team - and that statistic excludes Gerrard as a returnee.

The Wigan game (rather than the Man City game) will provide a better indicator on how Swansea are likely to perform this season. I wouldn't underestimate their potential to win at least 11/12 games and stay up. I hope that we will get to play them in the Premiership next year - that can only be good for Welsh football in general.

Personally, I think that both clubs can do better than you predict, but it is probably 3-5 weeks too early to tell.

I fully agree with your view on the Brighton game UA. I don't always buy into the 'gelling period' for new players, but I think it did play a role in that game simply because Brighton had a settled side which had the momentum of last season's promotion as Champions behind it.

In contrast we had a new team still coming to terms with a new playing system which had already lost one of its main ingredients in the form of injury to Aron Gunnarsson and a strike force which is clearly having problems. At the back Gerrard looks very unhappy and I can see both CB’s being replaced before season's end.

But I can see MM signing players to put things right and I agree with Annis we will be in and around the play-offs for most of the season.

The Wigan game will be a significant marker for Swansea and I fully expect them to lose it and go onto be the worst Premiership team since Derby County.