Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mancini Laments "Wasted" Money

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am

As Manchester City fail to shift surplus stars.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 40714.html

A good article by Tim Rich on the Independent today in which Roberto Mancini is pretty much saying that because the club failed to move these players on 2 years ago they are now a huge financial burden on the club. He says he has been honest with the players in saying they have no future at the club but he is worried about the "Wasted" money being paid to these players in wages (approx £20m per year).

With every day that passes these players because of the huge wages Manchester City are paying them are effectively becoming unsellable, in particular Craig Bellamy because he only has 10 months left on his contract.

Loan deals or as in the case of Shay Given where the club paid him compensation to move to Villa on lower wages are fast becoming the only options for Manchester City if they are to save on this £20m this season.

Also under FIFA statute 17 4 of these players (Bellamy excepted) will move beyond the protected period of their contract and if they play less than 10% of Man City games this season, they will be allowed to rip up their contracts and become free agents.

Craig has told Manchester City he will only move to Cardiff either by the club buying out his contract and releasing him or by a loan deal similar to last season. There is a rumour on the Bluemoon forum that when Mancini told CB that Celtic would be a good move for him he told Mancini there was more chance of him signing for Swansea. :lol: :lol:

You have to admire CB he has decided he wants to finish his career at Cardiff City and you know what I believe he will, starting this coming season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Mancini Laments "Wasted" Money

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Sorry to be the party pooper but Bellers won't be here
Thus season as much I would love to see playing down here
It ain't gonna happen

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 pm

i think bellamy will come in the next 2 weeks with another 2 or 3 players

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Ian Trumps Blue Army wrote:Sorry to be the party pooper but Bellers won't be here
Thus season as much I would love to see playing down here
It ain't gonna happen

And this bombshell is based on.... inside knowledge or a vague feeling in your water?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Forget Bellamy he won't be with us next year
Why can't people get over that and just get on
With this season and support the boys which
Are here and those to come ( -Bellamy) please

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Ian Trumps Blue Army wrote:Forget Bellamy he won't be with us next year

Well that's that then, Bellamy is not coming

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Ian Trumps Blue Army wrote:Forget Bellamy he won't be with us next year

Looks most likely that he will come on the same sort of deal as last year, we get the player, Bellamy gets to play for his hometown club, Man City get some money towards his wages, and get him away from other players and being disruptive, they would not like a sulking Bellamy in the camp and have to pay £90K odd for the privilege.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:41 pm

so ian trumps blue army does,nt want bellamy back so it wont happen , ye like biggest load of trash put on here for at least 2 days, sorry mate but you talk utter crap ,give us some reasons why bellamy wont be comeing back ,and i will listen and then debate them with you, your statement has no substance ,you leave me to believe you dont rate/want bellamy back so tell us why ??????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Good Post as always Castleblue :ayatollah: Just to add something which was posted on the local papers in Manchester.

Local press up there call the players who RM wants to move on "the frozen 5" as they are costing the club £2M a week in wages.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:47 pm

castleblue wrote:As Manchester City fail to shift surplus stars.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 40714.html

A good article by Tim Rich on the Independent today in which Roberto Mancini is pretty much saying that because the club failed to move these players on 2 years ago they are now a huge financial burden on the club. He says he has been honest with the players in saying they have no future at the club but he is worried about the "Wasted" money being paid to these players in wages (approx £20m per year).

With every day that passes these players because of the huge wages Manchester City are paying them are effectively becoming unsellable, in particular Craig Bellamy because he only has 10 months left on his contract.

Loan deals or as in the case of Shay Given where the club paid him compensation to move to Villa on lower wages are fast becoming the only options for Manchester City if they are to save on this £20m this season.

Also under FIFA statute 17 4 of these players (Bellamy excepted) will move beyond the protected period of their contract and if they play less than 10% of Man City games this season, they will be allowed to rip up their contracts and become free agents.

Craig has told Manchester City he will only move to Cardiff either by the club buying out his contract and releasing him or by a loan deal similar to last season. There is a rumour on the Bluemoon forum that when Mancini told CB that Celtic would be a good move for him he told Mancini there was more chance of him signing for Swansea. :lol: :lol:

You have to admire CB he has decided he wants to finish his career at Cardiff City and you know what I believe he will, starting this coming season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

20 million a year, thats mad.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 am

I notice that Manchester City have agreed a free transfer for Adebayor to give him a chance to negotiate a move to Spurs and if this comes off that will leave only 4 players left to be dealt with. Wayne Bridge has also turned down the chance to sign for Celtic on a 6 month loan again the player was not willing to take a pay cut to see the deal go through.

I know Carl posted last night about Mancini being willing to grant CB his wish but this has confused me a little as Mancini is not dealing with the situation of these 5 players. In fact he has just told the club he doesn't want them and to get rid, Gary Cook who normally deals with this has taken John Williams ex Blackburn Rovers Chairman as a consultant to deal with these 5 players - or to get dealsdone to get them out of the club.

He has already agreed to pay Shay Given compensation to make the move to Villa, is on the point of agreeing a free transfer for Adebayor and agree compensation with Shaun Wright Phillips to move to Bolton, QPR or Everton.

We all know CB is a PL player and if he gets compensation like these other players and is available on a free then the PL clubs will be lining up tp get him. But I still believe CB wants to help this club into the PL and if we don't sign him this year it will be more about the club not wanting to sign him than CB not wanting to come here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 am

Aside from bellamy! its good that city are suffering from a result of their greed and bad decision making! hopefully this will be a lesson to them that they cant go round offering ridiculous wages to joe average players!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 am

easternblue wrote:Aside from bellamy! its good that city are suffering from a result of their greed and bad decision making! hopefully this will be a lesson to them that they cant go round offering ridiculous wages to joe average players!

Manchester City would do well to remember that when they signed Robbie Fowler from Leeds Utd in 2003 part of that agreement was that Leeds continued to pay 33% of his wages Why? Because Leeds were playing the same game as Manchester City are now, signing players for inflated transfer fees on huge wages.

But I can't remember Manchester City moaning about Leeds Utd paying a high % of one of their players wages for 3 years.

What goes around comes around. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 pm

I hope Craig comes down to show all you negative bastards saying he wont come down even you know that he has said he only wants to play for cardiff :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:22 pm

i would love to have Sean Wright Phillips here :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 am

troobloo3339 wrote:so ian trumps blue army does,nt want bellamy back so it wont happen , ye like biggest load of trash put on here for at least 2 days, sorry mate but you talk utter crap ,give us some reasons why bellamy wont be comeing back ,and i will listen and then debate them with you, your statement has no substance ,you leave me to believe you dont rate/want bellamy back so tell us why ??????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll tell you what I think as to why Bellamy won't be here this season. If Man City are talking about wasted money, then I think it highly unlikely that they will again loan him out and pay a % of his wages, especially when they're letting other players go on free's or reduced transfer fees. VT paid Bellamy's wages for a season knowing that it was likely to be only a season he will be doing this for. If he came here again (ie this season), it would be on a contractual deal with us and the club would have to fund this from its normal commercial enterprises, just like most other clubs. I believe that our £20 million warchest we won't be able to afford to pay him his wages and I don't think he would come here on massively reduced wages, especially when so many other clubs would be willing to take him

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 am

:ayatollah:

All i'd say is the only truth we actually know is Man City have told Bellars he's not wanted, given him an opportunity of an out to Celtic - which he's very publicly turned down, saying the only British team he'll play for is us.

Not much point in trying to read between the lines, I think, but Craig gets his own way and Man City's and our hands WILL be forced by the Transfer Deadline. :old:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 am

Man City have the money to be this complacent, that's why it's happened. Money is not an issue.