Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

have we lost it???????????

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:46 am

since we ve moved to the ccs we ve all noticed the lack of atmosphere we generate in the stadium,there are constant threads stating the reasons why,for me the stadium does generate an atmosphere which i think has been proved in a few games,everyone moans that we get out sung by the away fans but i think that is the case up and down the country, with so many away fans saying that the ccs is dead is this the new era of city fans??????????????????? :( :cry:

Re: have we lost it???????????

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

caerblue wrote:since we ve moved to the ccs we ve all noticed the lack of atmosphere we generate in the stadium,there are constant threads stating the reasons why,for me the stadium does generate an atmosphere which i think has been proved in a few games,everyone moans that we get out sung by the away fans but i think that is the case up and down the country, with so many away fans saying that the ccs is dead is this the new era of city fans??????????????????? :( :cry:

and you just cant get it going if you got to sit in your seat :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

caerblue wrote:since we ve moved to the ccs we ve all noticed the lack of atmosphere we generate in the stadium,there are constant threads stating the reasons why,for me the stadium does generate an atmosphere which i think has been proved in a few games,everyone moans that we get out sung by the away fans but i think that is the case up and down the country, with so many away fans saying that the ccs is dead is this the new era of city fans??????????????????? :( :cry:

When the team go behind the atmosphere will naturally go flat. Personally i've never been bothered by who sings louder than who. Do'nt get me wrong, i'm not a happy clapper, I do join in with some of the songs, although, we definately need some new material.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm

I do believe that what happens on the pitch does affect what happens in the stands.

However, the old Grandstand lot at Ninian Park would at times provide an exception to the rule and you do have to ask why that has not been replicated at CCS.

I personally believe it has a lot to do with Ridsdale (surprise, surprise :lol: ) who basically declared war on those fans when he planned the migration from Ninian to CCS.

I remember infamous reports about a meeting with Wayne Nash when he set the tone by stating 'that lot were not welcome' in reference to the old Grandstand fans wanting to relocate next to the away fans in the new stadium.

Ridsdale then disgustingly for selfish reasons placed the disabled section in that area and in doing so ruined the match day experience for both set of fans.

It is time for Gethin Jenkins to look at this matter again and turn the club policy completely on its head. Instead of encouraging a move to the Canton, he should be seeking to move fans back the other way to the Ninian and find seats for the disabled supporters over on the other side of the stadium.

In one stroke he would rekindle some of the old Ninian Park atmosphere. I'm not saying my idea is a total solution but something has to be done to bring fans back together so they feel like creating an atmosphere, rather than making them feel unwanted, unwelcome and uninterested.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 pm

thers no chance that the canton and family stands will swap because its cheaper to police the way it is

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm

few things , its families who cannot stand up when by the away fans, which creates a dulled atmosphere to them. the vocal stand is too far away from the away end....the fans are to far from the actuall field, which at ninian create a hostile atmosphere to the away players

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:55 pm

To be honest there wasn't much of an atmosphere at the Ninian either.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:07 pm

away support will generally b vocal as they are all put in the same area.. with the ccs, we have a few who want to get loud in the ninian and the remaining in the canton stand.. but we are still all spread out... :ayatollah: