Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another Swansea thread about Brussels.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:13 am

Was anyone in the Boozer in Brussels when the police set off tear gas.

We travelled over to Brussels on the Monday for a Wednesday Wales match. There was a mob of about 20 Jacks on our Ferry. They were well out numbered but seemed a friendly bunch so we mingled with them and had a laugh, as you do. They gave us the same old story of there was supposed to be 200 coming but everyone dropped out one by one until there was 20.

Anyway we met the Jacks for a drink on the Tuesday and had a good laugh, their main boy had blond hair and always wore a tracksuit so we knicknamed him Terry Yorath.

On the day of the Wales Belgium game we went into the City Centre, went in a Boozer for a pint and the 20 Jacks were in there with their Swansea flags hanging up. We tried reasoning with Terry Yorath and advised him to take his flags down as we knew what was going to happen next. The pub gradually filled with Cardiff fans and the Swansea boys were going one by one. Then it kicked off, one of the Jacks got slugged, the ones that were left ran like feck, dont blame them. Then the Brussels Police threw tear gas in the Boozer and there was a stampede for the door.

Anyone else in that Boozer.

Re: Another Swansea thread about Brussels.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:31 am

Came in afterwards as I was looking for my hotel, as they had moved it after I left earlier in the day. Found it in the end but could not remember my room number. Somebody must have spiked my Stella. Slept in reception.

Met some Merthyr lads in there, told me what happened. Earlier in the evening met Pontypool lads (city fans) in a rough pub, in the immigrant area of the city (got lost again) as they had a Welsh flag hanging out the window. Then some Pontypridd lads fighting Turks - Turks armed with knives/swords and the Pontypridd lads with traffic cones - funny as f***.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:33 am

Mate I was out ther,and the only time it come on top was a tues or Monday night and was in the grand place area(red light area).
Ther were 12to20 of us plus 4 decent lads from pontypridd,who were with us most of the day.
It kicked if and f*cking locals,mainly turks and pimps came out from all the kebab shops and got right on top.
1 of your lads from ponty got done and was on the floor ,we re,grouped and ran at them enough to pull him back.
Before we got back they were back t us with eny thing that they could get ther hands on but we managed to get back far enough. I had a few lumps and bumps and 1 jack was tken to hospital with a fair old split on his head.
That was the only time we got done ther mate.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:42 am

swansealad69 wrote:Mate I was out ther,and the only time it come on top was a tues or Monday night and was in the grand place area(red light area).
Ther were 12to20 of us plus 4 decent lads from pontypridd,who were with us most of the day.
It kicked if and f*cking locals,mainly turks and pimps came out from all the kebab shops and got right on top.
1 of your lads from ponty got done and was on the floor ,we re,grouped and ran at them enough to pull him back.
Before we got back they were back t us with eny thing that they could get ther hands on but we managed to get back far enough. I had a few lumps and bumps and 1 jack was tken to hospital with a fair old split on his head.
That was the only time we got done ther mate.

The Swansea boys we met were staying in a youth hostile. One of the group deffinately took a blow to the head on matchday in a Boozer in the city centre. I was in the pub and thats what triggered the police to tear gas it.