Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

best band you ever saw

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:49 pm

for me the beat,supporting bowie,milton keynes bowl about 1984.they were absolutely fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: best band you ever saw

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Angelic Upstarts! ;) Retford Porterhouse 1981 :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Toss up Between Pink Floyd and AC/DC ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Marc wrote:Toss up Between Pink Floyd and AC/DC ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think you need educating in music marc :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:05 pm

krab wrote:
Marc wrote:Toss up Between Pink Floyd and AC/DC ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats the shite he had on that emptied the Mad House sunday night!!!! :shock:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

you can hardly talk Krab !!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 pm

WelshGal125 wrote:you can hardly talk Krab !!

hi claire,you ok,off down shed now,will sponsor you :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:11 pm

krab wrote:

Pink Floyd are an amazing band mate :D ......David Gilmour, what a guitarist, Waters is the brains (some may disagree)...but I can assure you Krab, nothing comes close to being stoned on the finest green this side of the channel and watching the Pink Floyd :lol: ......AC/DC ......what a Live rock band. Sam Salim, I did go overboard on the jukebox :oops: :oops: but better than listening to the shite Bomber was putting on :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

krab wrote:
WelshGal125 wrote:you can hardly talk Krab !!

hi claire,you ok,off down shed now,will sponsor you :D :ayatollah:

yea im good thanks just sitting at working waiting for hometime lol .. enjoy yourself down the shed - hope the kids are good -miss them already :P
aww your such a nice uncle - will call you when you get back !! :D :P

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Marc wrote:
krab wrote:

Pink Floyd are an amazing band mate :D ......David Gilmour, what a guitarist, Waters is the brains (some may disagree)...but I can assure you Krab, nothing comes close to being stoned on the finest green this side of the channel and watching the Pink Floyd :lol: ......AC/DC ......what a Live rock band. Sam Salim, I did go overboard on the jukebox :oops: :oops: but better than listening to the shite Bomber was putting on :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we all have different tastes and opinions marc,just some are better than yours. :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Marc wrote:
krab wrote:

I suppose Bomber putting love songs on in front of over a hundred drunken Bluebirds fans did'nt go down to well ;) Even his mrs was embarressed!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Krab, why don't you come on a forum piss up and then we can judge you jukebox selections as you're putting them on, a bit like X Factor :lol: ...on the panel we have Sam, Bowmonster and myself... :D oh..and it's obligatory to have a game of pool for 20 shillings ;) ..................Now have a listen to this... http://youtu.be/qQYpF2pCkLI :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Sam :lol: :ayatollah: ..thought you were going to Sheffield...motorway is fucked mate....if you passing Cannock pop in for a beer :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Marc wrote:Krab, why don't you come on a forum piss up and then we can judge you jukebox selections as you're putting them on, a bit like X Factor :lol: ...on the panel we have Sam, Bowmonster and myself... :D oh..and it's obligatory to have a game of pool for 20 shillings ;) ..................Now have a listen to this... http://youtu.be/qQYpF2pCkLI :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i promise to be on the next 1,i just cant start on the ale at 12 oclock,but i will show,see you all soon i hope :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Marc wrote:Krab, why don't you come on a forum piss up and then we can judge you jukebox selections as you're putting them on, a bit like X Factor :lol: ...on the panel we have Sam, Bowmonster and myself... :D oh..and it's obligatory to have a game of pool for 20 shillings ;) ..................Now have a listen to this... http://youtu.be/qQYpF2pCkLI :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im off now up to Sheffield for a wedding, hope the M4 isn't busy!!!!! Have a good weekend boy'os and i will speak later in the week!!!! :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Up the Owls and up the Bluebirds!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:27 pm

the Stranglers 1979 or specials 1980 at Sophia Gardens. mental :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:22 pm

As for best, most jaw dropping, most talented....
ZZ Top in Nashville in 91

As for had fun, lots of laughs, and, entertaining
They Might Be Giants in 93

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 pm

The Exploited at Cardiff Top Rank.

There was a mass brawl between skinheads and Punks.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Pink Floyd followed by Porcupine Tree

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Eagles Hong kong 91/92 Amazing...

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:22 pm

HAPPY MONDAYS

Newport centre early 90's smashed off my tits on some very good Acid tabs that were about at the time......... :o

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Ritchie blackmores,rainbow quality :ayatollah: followed by the jam

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:11 pm

There's been a few, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, The Who, Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd to name some of the best.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 pm

By far the best live band in the world, in my opinion is Bruce Springsteen and he E-Street band, must have seen him at least 10 times and never has he disappointed.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 pm

By far the best live band in the world, in my opinion is Bruce Springsteen and he E-Street band, must have seen him at least 10 times and never has he disappointed.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm

nobber wrote:There's been a few, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, The Who, Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd to name some of the best.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 pm

the levellers seen em 12 times a fantastic live band :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

1.the smiths
2.James

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

The Specials. Seen them 2009 as well and will be at the gig in october.

Also The Rifles were proper good, not best band but one of the best gigs, seen them down sin city in swansea 2008 i think, only about 50 people showed up so was a real intimate gig

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Back in the old days The Skids or The Clash. Nowadays The Levellers, Saw Doctors, Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys. Cant pick one as all are fantastic live