Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

seats not being used in family stand

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 pm

wednesday night there must have been 500 empty seats in the stand,yet again the same seats are vacant.yet it appears that the stand is sold out,i know famillies may be on holidays etc,but this problem has to be adressed, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: seats not being used in family stand

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Why? Did we sell out in other parts of the ground?
I know what you mean but a lot of people are on holiday.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:12 pm

glas wrote:Why? Did we sell out in other parts of the ground?

people are being told family stand is a sellout,yet weekin week out,same as last season,seats are not being used,and if you are taking children down the city and want to go in family stand(price)you cant,yet so many empty seats :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:21 pm

krab wrote:

people are being told family stand is a sellout,yet weekin week out,same as last season,seats are not being used,and if you are taking children down the city and want to go in family stand(price)you cant,yet so many empty seats :ayatollah:

it's because parents have registers there new borns and infants

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Months ago the club said it would start a sell back scheme but nothing has happened on that front which is a shame.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:Months ago the club said it would start a sell back scheme but nothing has happened on that front which is a shame.

I emailed JJ about it yesterday and he explained situation. The club are still trying to sort it out.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

well from where i sit in the family stand i can see 100s of empty seats in the canton or is it just pick on the family stand :roll:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:54 pm

jinks-rct wrote:well from where i sit in the family stand i can see 100s of empty seats in the canton or is it just pick on the family stand :roll:

no its because the family stand is a sellout,no seats available :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 pm

My brother has a st in the family stand,along with his 3 kids sometimes for whatever reason they cant make .But those seats have been paid for,so whats the problem :roll:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

earniebluemark2 wrote:My brother has a st in the family stand,along with his 3 kids sometimes for whatever reason they cant make .But those seats have been paid for,so whats the problem :roll:

the problem is many seats have never been occupied,it appears that alot of seats are being used as cheap retainners for tickets if they are ever needed,i.e-f.a cup,play offs etc. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 pm

My son & I are both season ticket holders in the family stand but can't often get to evening games as we live 185 miles from Cardiff and work/school usually stops us.
I did get an email from the club last season after we missed two evening games asking why we hadn't been and what could the club do to encourage us to attend more.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

DJS wrote:My son & I are both season ticket holders in the family stand but can't often get to evening games as we live 185 miles from Cardiff and work/school usually stops us.
I did get an email from the club last season after we missed two evening games asking why we hadn't been and what could the club do to encourage us to attend more.

thats interesting that the club have tried :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:37 pm

krab wrote:wednesday night there must have been 500 empty seats in the stand,yet again the same seats are vacant.yet it appears that the stand is sold out,i know famillies may be on holidays etc,but this problem has to be adressed, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

me and my son missed our 2 home games as on hols,as carl has said it is a shame the club hasnt sorted out a sell back scheme if you know you deffo cannot go as we did-

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 am

krab wrote:

Agree. I usually try to upgrade or change tickets if one of mine cannot make it. They even said the overflow area in the Canton was sold out last Weds.I think a sell back system should be in place - maybe go 50/50 with the club selling the ticket for you