Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jermain Beckford ?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:51 am

A number of the championships top sides are apparently enquiring about him including Cardiff, I have been told. Information has come out that he may be looking at a move away from Goodison.

Is he the type of striker we need ;)

Re: Jermain Beckford ?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 am

Merlin wrote:A number of the championships top sides are apparently enquiring about him including Cardiff, I have been told. Information has come out that he may be looking at a move away from Goodison.

Is he the type of striker we need ;)

Leicester will offer him better wages

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 am

We couldnt afford him. He plays off the shoulder like Earnie and Miller anyway, I dont think linking the play is his game and thats what we are missing.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 am

What strikers do Leicester have at the moment? Do they need another?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:03 am

Merlin wrote:What strikers do Leicester have at the moment? Do they need another?

Vassell, Nugent, Waghorn

I know they despeatly want a goal scorer. who will bag them 20+ goals

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:55 am

glammy74 wrote:
Merlin wrote:What strikers do Leicester have at the moment? Do they need another?

Vassell, Nugent, Waghorn

Nicky Maynard will end up there IMO

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 am

He's clearly stated that he doesn't want to leave, so 'Information has come out that he may be looking at a move away from Goodison' is bollocks!

The only way he'll go is if Everton NEED the money.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:16 am

Bluebird1993 wrote:He's clearly stated that he doesn't want to leave, so 'Information has come out that he may be looking at a move away from Goodison' is bollocks!

Well Everton certainly need the money, as they can't get a bank loan! :D :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14570624.stm

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:37 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird1993 wrote:He's clearly stated that he doesn't want to leave, so 'Information has come out that he may be looking at a move away from Goodison' is bollocks!

Well Everton certainly need the money, as they can't get a bank loan! :D :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14570624.stm

They're selling Yobo for £2m, agreed a few with Fenerbache

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Ok sir! You are right and I am wrong. I appologise. I have text my everton season ticket holder friend and have passed on your kind words. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Didn't everton turn down 3m from
Leicester? Can't see anyone paying more.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:13 pm

polo wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Vassell, Nugent, Waghorn

Nicky Maynard will end up there IMO

After scoring 2 against them in the week, I thought that, too

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Merlin wrote:

Ok sir! You are right and I am wrong. I appologise. I have text my everton season ticket holder friend and have passed on your kind words. :ayatollah:

Why make up shit then? :roll: Pointless!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Who made up shit, Dickhead.... I posted what I knew and half hour later they were talking about it (beckford leaving) on talksport! It's people like you that make me want to keep anything I find out or get told to myself - take your head out of your arse and check the weather. :|

Btw! Everton need the money they are f*cking skint! And are the only premier league team so far NOT to bring any new players in..... Click click click chug chug......

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:46 pm

polo wrote:We couldnt afford him. He plays off the shoulder like Earnie and Miller anyway, I dont think linking the play is his game and thats what we are missing.

I'm still trying to work out what ideas MM has for upfront. In DJ we knew he preferred the target man with someone running off him. MM I'm just not too sure what he prefers here.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
polo wrote:We couldnt afford him. He plays off the shoulder like Earnie and Miller anyway, I dont think linking the play is his game and thats what we are missing.

I'm still trying to work out what ideas MM has for upfront. In DJ we knew he preferred the target man with someone running off him. MM I'm just not too sure what he prefers here.

Ian, I think he'll start Rudy tomorrow. He's experimented a couple of times now and must surely see that earnie and miller are two of the same.... When Rudy come on against Brighton, he won everything that was played up to him!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 pm

He should have started with Rudi or Parkin on wednesday. Miller & Earnshaw togewther has not worked in any of the 3 league games. If Rudi is too raw, or MM is not interested in Parkin then he needs to get someone in sharpish in that mould.

Holt did it for Norwich at this level last year. Lambert looks like he's going to emulate him, so even if he has to dip into League 1 or Scotland MM needs to act quick.

Earnshaw or Miller should start with one replacing the other if needs be; I'd always start with Miller out of those 2.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bluebird1993 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Who made up shit, Dickhead.... I posted what I knew and half hour later they were talking about it (beckford leaving) on talksport! It's people like you that make me want to keep anything I find out or get told to myself - take your head out of your arse and check the weather. :|

Btw! Everton need the money they are f*cking skint! And are the only premier league team so far NOT to bring any new players in..... Click click click chug chug......

We need mods here to sort out this flaming and abuse... :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bluebird1993 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Ok sir! You are right and I am wrong. I appologise. I have text my everton season ticket holder friend and have passed on your kind words. :ayatollah:

YOU made up shit, saying he's looking for a move away from Everton when he's clearly not! Yeah they were talking about bids being put in for him, but that doesn't mean he wants to leave does it! What you've 'claimed' to have been told, is really you making up shit, so yeah keep it to yourself unless it legit!

Yeah they might be skint, but that doesn't mean they HAVE to sell Beckford or that doesn't mean he know wants away from Everton! Btw no clubs HAVE to bring in players each window either, they might not need anyone!

f**k me, moderator me fucked! Want to cool down a bit, it's ok if you've made it up!