Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We Are Talking To Clubs And Players

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 am

That's what Malky has said in the press conference this morning and he also said he is expecting to have a busy day and on 31st August. He said 2 more players would be great and 4 would be fantastic but he won't sign players unless he thinks the will add something to the group.

Still plenty to look forward to over the next couple of weeks on player recruitment I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyone know anything about a Jon Parkin tweet Malky was asked about it in the press conference apparently it was reported in a newspaper. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We Are Talking To Clubs And Players

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:01 am

"but he won't sign players unless he thinks the will add something to the group." - That's football manager code which means we don't have any money.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:13 am

Big Boss Man wrote:"but he won't sign players unless he thinks the will add something to the group." - That's football manager code which means we don't have any money.

Maybe it is but MM is dead straight and when he says we are talking to clubs and players I believe him and it does suggest he does have money to spend. The club bid £2m for Goodwillie and we only lost out because he was offered PL football at Blackburn and that alone should be enough to convince us all the manager does have money to spend.

IMO we will sign players how many only time will tell but I have no doubt we will be spending money in the process. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am

castleblue wrote:That's what Malky has said in the press conference this morning and he also said he is expecting to have a busy day and on 31st August. He said 2 more players would be great and 4 would be fantastic but he won't sign players unless he thinks the will add something to the group.

Still plenty to look forward to over the next couple of weeks on player recruitment I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyone know anything about a Jon Parkin tweet Malky was asked about it in the press conference apparently it was reported in a newspaper. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

aye, Parkin tweeted that he wasnt happy about not playing. However Malky said it was a bit of a missunderstanding as Parkin was not tweeting to all and sundry but just talking to a mate on tweeter. So its all forgotten and Parkin is available for selection this weekend. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:09 am

ihatealiens wrote:
castleblue wrote:That's what Malky has said in the press conference this morning and he also said he is expecting to have a busy day and on 31st August. He said 2 more players would be great and 4 would be fantastic but he won't sign players unless he thinks the will add something to the group.

aye, Parkin tweeted that he wasnt happy about not playing. However Malky said it was a bit of a missunderstanding as Parkin was not tweeting to all and sundry but just talking to a mate on tweeter. So its all forgotten and Parkin is available for selection this weekend. :ayatollah:

Something and nothing then, thanks for that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:17 am

Parkin used the word " gardening " in his Tweet which was a cryptic clue to maybe other ex City staff on gardening leave ? Either way Malky and Parkin did plenty of back-pedalling about the situation :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Parkin used the word " gardening " in his Tweet which was a cryptic clue to maybe other ex City staff on gardening leave ? Either way Malky and Parkin did plenty of back-pedalling about the situation :lol:

It was reported on BBC Radio Wales this morning, that Parkin had apologised to Malky, for complaining about being left out of the squad for Brighton! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

If we're talking to 'players', does that mean they're free agents or that we've agreed fees with some clubs, hmm? :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

I'm sorry but Parkin just does not cut it for me, he's got nothing going for him, and I know it sounds harsh and he try's his best, but he just don't have it. Time he was shipped out and moved on, there must be somebody out there that can do the job he was employed to do.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:If we're talking to 'players', does that mean they're free agents or that we've agreed fees with some clubs, hmm? :ayatollah:

Thats a good question mate, or at least we may have had permission to speak at least :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm

What happened to this alleged £5million transfer budget that Malky was suppose to have at his disposal or was that just another lie we were fed.............?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Still 12 days left of the window.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Still 12 days left of the window.

True but all the best have been snapped up, Im just questioning whether Malky had much of a budget in the first place.