Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GROWN MEN WHO WEAR THE REPLICA SHIRTS

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Xcasual wrote:Not as bad as the rugby shirts you see some of these fat fuckers wearing round town

they look like a bag of frozen peas!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 pm

They're not my cup of tea personally, always found the idea of walking around advertising products i couldn't give a toss for & paying mega money to do so not very appealing.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:36 am

I like wearing replica shirts, specially our one. However I refuse ot wear our away kit this season. Too Englishy for me.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 am

polo wrote:Something not quite right about them.

Especially the ones with a name of a player on the back.

Kids fair enough, but no adult should wear a football top unless he is either going to the gym / playing sport, or on holiday.

Why is on holiday ok?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:17 am

Midfield general wrote:Polo I fully agree with you. I can't believe how many adults get taken in by the clubs to wear their football shirts.

I also wonder how many anti-capitalist bluebirds fans who are hypocrites because their walk around wearing a big sponsor across their chest..?

How many anti-capitalists are hypocrites for living in a capatalist country, try North Korea if they'll let you in :roll: .

I have no problem with my money going to my football club. It's called supporting your club.

I tend to wear a replica shirt (usually the late 70's version (not even original)) to about a quarter of the games, more often than not I wear a polo shirt. It depends how I feel that day :o :shock: .

During the late '80s, '90s and early 2000s I never wore a shirt to a game but owned them as I used to serve in the RAF and had to make it clear which team was mine.

I always wore labels to the games back then, as did the crowd I went to games with but once I started taking my son to games (2005 onwards), it's a case of sometimes I wear the shirt, sometimes I don't.

I remember being at Twerton Park in Bath, for City v Rovers in Feb '89 and for once wore a Wales shirt (the Hummel one with the chevrons on the shoulder), I lived to regret that one at the train station later. Guess the Gas fans didn't appreciate shirts at the football either :lol: . Still we won the football thanks to Jimmy Gilligan and that was the main thing :ayatollah: .

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 pm

It's not as sad as a grown man getting into his "casual wear" just for the game.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Kids fair enough, but no adult should wear a football top unless he is either going to the gym / playing sport, or on holiday.

Are you for real mate or just looking for a stupid argument ?

im 38 mate i wear mine where and when ever i choose with pride :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Living just west of Swansea i take great pride in wearing a City top when i'm out and about.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Totally disagree with people that think grown men shouldn't wear them, what a load of bollox!!!
£40 plus to the club helps our club, we all should be proud to wear it,

Every year I get a shirt, and always summit printed on the back?
"BLUEBIRDS 4 LIFE"
"BLUEBIRDS 8 SWANS"
sometimes just my name......and I'm 38!!

Don't give a f**k what others think I'm proud to wear it. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 pm

This is a load of bollocks (sorry but) alot of are fan base do? so what? people where casual clothers people we're football shirts thats the football culture so you want evevyone to turn up like lads over 18. :lol:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:This is a load of bollocks (sorry but) alot of are fan base do? so what? people where casual clothers people we're football shirts thats the football culture so you want evevyone to turn up like lads over 18. :lol:

I'm not sure I follow you LB.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Polo I fully agree with you. I can't believe how many adults get taken in by the clubs to wear their football shirts.

I also wonder how many anti-capitalist bluebirds fans who are hypocrites because their walk around wearing a big sponsor across their chest..?

How many anti-capitalists are hypocrites for living in a capatalist country, try North Korea if they'll let you in :roll: .

I have no problem with my money going to my football club. It's called supporting your club.

I tend to wear a replica shirt (usually the late 70's version (not even original)) to about a quarter of the games, more often than not I wear a polo shirt. It depends how I feel that day :o :shock: .

During the late '80s, '90s and early 2000s I never wore a shirt to a game but owned them as I used to serve in the RAF and had to make it clear which team was mine.

I always wore labels to the games back then, as did the crowd I went to games with but once I started taking my son to games (2005 onwards), it's a case of sometimes I wear the shirt, sometimes I don't.
I remember being at Twerton Park in Bath, for City v Rovers in Feb '89 and for once wore a Wales shirt (the Hummel one with the chevrons on the shoulder), I lived to regret that one at the train station later. Guess the Gas fans didn't appreciate shirts at the football either :lol: . Still we won the football thanks to Jimmy Gilligan and that was the main thing :ayatollah: .

Acceptable wearing imo

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 pm

He stated all the casaul brands he wears just saying some people like wearing that and some people like wearing the city shirt nothing wrong with either people are allowed to where what they want?