Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GROWN MEN WHO WEAR THE REPLICA SHIRTS

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 am

polo wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Like to vary what i wear but last two games wore my City Shirt and i am 51 :old:

Off to Fuertventura on wednesday and will be taking about 6 City shirts from different seasons with me and IMHO if an 80 year old wants to wear a replica shirt i see nothing wrong with it each to their own i say in fact in 30 years time if i am still around i might wear my replica City shirt to a game just to piss Polo off :D

Have a nice holiday!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 am

ill wear my city shirt on my death bed lmao :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:55 am

I don't know about grown men. Wouldn't wear football shirts myself, but I don't mind others wearing them. But I do think it's sad if they dress up their entire family in the same football shirt.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am

polo wrote:Well my opinion is that they are odd?? Especially the ones with the names on the back. Very odd.

That's not an opinion, it's a one word statement, "Odd". An opinion is backed up with evidence as to why your opinion is worth contemplating. It's like me saying, people who wear polo shirts are hooligans and not backing it up.

However, after your Top Shop statement and Gay, I understand you are just having a laugh and looking for bites. ;)

Am I too old at 43 to wear Jack Wills Polo Shirts?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:03 am

Wayne S wrote:
polo wrote:Well my opinion is that they are odd?? Especially the ones with the names on the back. Very odd.

That's not an opinion, it's a one word statement, "Odd". An opinion is backed up with evidence as to why your opinion is worth contemplating. It's like me saying, people who wear polo shirts are hooligans and not backing it up.

However, after your Top Shop statement and Gay, I understand you are just having a laugh and looking for bites. ;)

Am I too old at 43 to wear Jack Wills Polo Shirts?

What colour?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:06 am

polo wrote:Something not quite right about them.

Especially the ones with a name of a player on the back.

Kids fair enough, but no adult should wear a football top unless he is either going to the gym / playing sport, or on holiday.

So it's ok for them to wear a football shirt on holiday but not when actually watching the City play at the CCS. Sorry but I can't understand your logic there!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:44 am

I don't follow the logic of this guy most of the time anyways

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:04 pm

I dont wear one. Think they are too expensive (would rather pay a tenner more for a lacoste polo). My kids wear them-make great birthday/xmas presents.

The only thing that makes me mad about replica shirts is when you see Man U, Liverpool etc being worn in Cardiff, BAsingstoke, Great Yarmouth when the idiot wearing them has no connection to the Manchester/ Liverpool/whoever is top of premiership.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Is Polo our very own Cardiff City Forum Gok Wan? :D :D :D

Let people wear what they want to wear I say. Who cares if someone /anyone is wearing a replica shirt? What it means in real terms is extra revenue for the club. (and a lot of it) ;)

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm

52, fat and proud to wear the shirt at any time.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:25 pm

SBF1 wrote:Is Polo our very own Cardiff City Forum Gok Wan? :D :D :D

Let people wear what they want to wear I say. Who cares if someone /anyone is wearing a replica shirt? What it means in real terms is extra revenue for the club. (and a lot of it) ;)

No Gok is a fashion victim.

Style rules over fashion.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:38 pm

I have worn replica shirts in past years, and wore one recently at the Wembley finals, but haven't wore mine to a match for a while, but I have not got a problem with anyone wearing them and I will wear one again no doubt.

I think you should feel proud wearing your team colours. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:39 pm

With the club changing the shirt 4 times a season sometimes getting a shirt and personalising it with the name of a favourite player is a way of making the shirt unique to that person. See nothing wrong with that, I think its far worse getting your own name on the shirt though! :lol:

I once played for a club that had loads of leeds fans playing for us so when Koumas scored the winning goal against them I bought the shirt straight away and put his name on the back and wore it after training and after matches just to wind the fuckers up. :twisted:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Off to Thorpe Park for a couple of days then Alton Towers, leaving tonight is it all right if i wear my Replica top there Chief ;) :D

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:27 pm

im 36 and female and wear my shirt with pride living in kent its a must as it shows the glory hunters here that people do support other teams other than the usual seen in this area :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:35 pm

39 years old, I own several replicas of the American Football team I cheer for and the local NHL team, but I choose to not wear them out and about. I will wear them on gameday at the house. On the other hand I wear my City tops regulary, out and about.

I do not think there is anything wrong with wearing them to the game or in public, I do however know several people who do not think it is socially acceptable.....from my experiance these are people who if they did not look down on others for wearing replicas they would find another reason to look down on normal folk.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

wear my City shirts all the time.
Amusing seeing the locals trying to work out who the team is as it's not the normal Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool blah blah strip.

Personally I think they're comfortable to wear and don't need ironing!
Jeans on. Shirt On... and ta-da sorted. ;)

:lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Dont wear mine on matchdays, never have but dont have no problem with peope who do, its up to the individual

Cant understand why polo is so against it.

Each to their own though

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:44 pm

grown men wearing a full kit, shorts and socks, that i would find oudd, but the shirt?? i thought that was the norm! your an odd person POLO

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:19 pm

polo wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Is Polo our very own Cardiff City Forum Gok Wan? :D :D :D

No Gok is a fashion victim.

Style rules over fashion.

Says the man that wears lacoste?

Seriously if you thought what you were going to bitch about (Your not stating your own opinion your just a jackass wanting to pick a fight) before you actually started you'd realize what you say doesn't make sense and nine times of out ten you contradict yourself in some form over the course of the thread.

In short, stop bitching about what people do in their lives and get one for yourself yeah?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Went to Drayton Manor and saw 2 Cardiff City fans in their tops both in their 50's and looking proud, Nothing wrong in wearing your Club colours no matter what age you are. I personally have a large collection of City shirts which I still wear on holidays, days out etc, which I wear with pride.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Kids fair enough, but no adult should wear a football top unless he is either going to the gym / playing sport, or on holiday.

well in my opinion, a lot of the things you post about on here seem to just be to provoke a reaction, cause a bit of controversy and are very attention seeking

this, for example, is the most pathetic post ive ever seen in my life

id be embarrassed if i was that narrow minded

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I've never owned a city shirt or any piece of city training wear. Not got anything against people that do wear it, quite like seeing a sea of blue at home games sometimes, just isn't for me. As football is just about all I seem to do these days, it's definitely an occaision to pull out all the stupidly expensive labels I have a bad habbit of buying. :lol: City aways always make me smile too, we're a smart bunch at times!!

Do actually own a couple of replica wales shirts though, mainly coz they are about twenty quid in the sales after about 3 weeks of being out and are alright to wear down the pub or around the house. Nice change to that three feathers shite everyone else wears anyhow.

Still, wear what you want, support the city how you like. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Something NOT quite right about YOU 'polo'

I wear MY shirt with pride (even after defeat) and it is what I CHOOSE to do....

WTF has it to do with you?? Do I knock YOUR poor dress sense?? :roll: :roll:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Got a match top worn by mcphail, worn it a handful of times, would never wear it to a game though, not wore a shirt to a game since i was a kid

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:50 pm

I wear my city replica shirts wherever and whenever I feel like and you know what the away shirt has a No 9 Miller on the back, and I am an adult with a 16 year old son. Perhaps Polo you should become a shrink or something thinking that adults wearing replica shirts are odd!! But to be honest I couldn't give a f**k what you or anyone thinks about how I dress or what I look like. Each to their own and all that :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Never bought a top but each to their own. I like to wear a City polo shirt on holiday but not to the games.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 pm

my thong and city shirt on holiday, :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:59 pm

JOP wrote:I think everyone should wear one to the game, an all blue stadium would look awesome. Remember against blackpool in Wembley they're end looked brilliant a sea of orange.

We should all wear our shirts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed,im 52 & i wear mine with pride :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:OK to wear round the house or on holiday. But definitely no player names, numbers or Championship badges

agree