A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLAMY

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Interesting article
http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/ ... -loan-rate

"BELLAMY IS COMING" :lol:

Re: BELLAMY

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:30 am

Man City have been holding out for a transfer fee for em all by saying they wont loan to rival prem clubs etc ..... other prem clubs loan out regardless so i dont see their problem . Personally I think Bellamy will either go to Celtic on a subsidized loan in Sept or come to us on a free transfer ??

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 am

Igovernor wrote:Interesting article
http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/ ... -loan-rate

"BELLAMY IS COMING" :lol:

I think he is, back to the loan deal with us paying some, everyone is happy !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 am

I reckon the most Cardiff can pay is about £30K wages BUT Celtic will pay upto £50K to Man C ....... regardless what Bellamy says at the end of the day he's a pro footballer who wants to play fotball and it will be to the highest bidder Im afraid , unless Man C do pay him off then he will come back to Cardiff on a free ?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I reckon the most Cardiff can pay is about £30K wages BUT Celtic will pay upto £50K to Man C ....... regardless what Bellamy says at the end of the day he's a pro footballer who wants to play fotball and it will be to the highest bidder Im afraid , unless Man C do pay him off then he will come back to Cardiff on a free ?

Also, Man City will insist that he goes to Celtic if they are paying more towards his wages. Even to a club like Man City, it makes economic sense

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am

The situation with Craig is alittle different to the other 4 in that he is in the last year of his contract and therefore will be a free agent at the end of any loan period, on that basis his transfer value is virtually nothing. Manchester City will even struggle to get a reasonable loan fee for him unlike the other players because of his contract situation.

Craig Bellamy is no fool and I believe he will be able to negotiate a pay off with Manchester City and part of that deal will probably be that he doesn't sign for another PL team for this coming season. That being the case only Cardiff or Celtic will be in the running and with Peter Lammwell (Celtic CEO) already saying CB would have to take a big pay cut even if Manchester City were paying half his wages IMO they are not serious contenders here.

Manchester City obviously want this settled and CB is probably the easier of these 5 to deal with, they may even be prepared to terminate his contract like Bullard at Hull although compensation will then be payable through the courts.

I'm convinced CB only wants to be at one club and our manager would love to have him here which is why I think he will be here very soon. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:41 am

But if Man City don't tear up his contract, will he come here? If the decision is solely his, then I believe he would but the only way we could afford him is if he's on the same arrangement as last season, where Man City subsidise his wages and VT pays the balance as I don't think there is enough in the club coffers to do this for another season. And, given that the gamble didn't pay off last season, I think he would be reluctant to do that again this season

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:04 am

Nottage Blue wrote:But if Man City don't tear up his contract, will he come here? If the decision is solely his, then I believe he would but the only way we could afford him is if he's on the same arrangement as last season, where Man City subsidise his wages and VT pays the balance as I don't think there is enough in the club coffers to do this for another season. And, given that the gamble didn't pay off last season, I think he would be reluctant to do that again this season

Lost over a teams worth of players last season either out of contract or sold,we have not spent any money just 1million on miller,we also have the smallest squad for many years way before DJ i just carnt see how the owners are trying to get to the prem if they want a return :?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:15 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I reckon the most Cardiff can pay is about £30K wages BUT Celtic will pay upto £50K to Man C ....... regardless what Bellamy says at the end of the day he's a pro footballer who wants to play fotball and it will be to the highest bidder Im afraid , unless Man C do pay him off then he will come back to Cardiff on a free ?

Also, Man City will insist that he goes to Celtic if they are paying more towards his wages. Even to a club like Man City, it makes economic sense

Celtic are not going to pay £50k of Craigs wages, they have already stated this a while back, they were only going to pay the wage cap that the other players are on ie: £30k

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:53 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:But if Man City don't tear up his contract, will he come here? If the decision is solely his, then I believe he would but the only way we could afford him is if he's on the same arrangement as last season, where Man City subsidise his wages and VT pays the balance as I don't think there is enough in the club coffers to do this for another season. And, given that the gamble didn't pay off last season, I think he would be reluctant to do that again this season

Lost over a teams worth of players last season either out of contract or sold,we have not spent any money just 1million on miller,we also have the smallest squad for many years way before DJ i just carnt see how the owners are trying to get to the prem if they want a return :?

The £20 million 'warchest' covers wages and transfers. Given that £10k a week is £500k a year wages, I would say we are nearing that right now

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:

Man City can't insist though - Craig will only go if he wants to and ManCity can't do anything about that.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:57 pm

at last someone sees how it is, man city cant choose where bellamy goes he got them fu..ed ,the best they can do is save SOME of his wages by letting him come to us, by settling his contract and him signing for us, or loaning him to us and us paying SOMEof his wages, either way its us or he sees out his man city deal :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Correct...Manchester City have to pay Craig Bellamy £90K a week or whatever is in has contract for the next year.
It is up to Craig and Man City to AGREE to anything else.
They can't insist he goes anywhere else.
He can't insist he goes to Cardiff.
He wants his last year paid up in full.
In reality, what he wants, is Man City to pay the bulk, and Cardiff would pay the remainder.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Would he be able to sign for Celtic after August 31st, as the International window has closed, but a week later the window opens for Football league clubs.

Do the Scottish FA have a loan window???