Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

not only did brighton beat us on the pitch,they out sang us

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 pm

i hate this f@cking stadium :( :ayatollah:

Re: not only did brighton beat us on the pitch,they out sang us

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 pm

surely that doesnt make sense? they were in the same stadium :?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:38 pm

krab wrote:i hate this f@cking stadium :( :ayatollah:

well we were 3-0 down for a while :roll:
dont expect to hear many songs at that point, just a whole lot of people moaning about what the players should be doing, the formation, the manager, etc etc etc etc

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Trololol wrote:

dont expect to hear many songs at that point, just a whole lot of people moaning about what the players should be doing, the formation, the manager, etc etc etc etc

Same old then after 3games in to the season :lol:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:03 pm

brighton got a new stadium is it not the same there. or is the tempo higher than that race track stadium :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Its a result of the crackdown on hooliganism. Cardiffs "atmosphere" was always created by an undercurrent of hostility towards travelling fans. Thats been largely eradicated and with it.....

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 am

Trololol wrote:

Whaaaaatt?? 3-0 down and not singing???? What about the excuses for the other 89 mnutes???? :roll:

In fairness, it WAS very quiet down there last night (as it is for MOST Games) but even as someone who sits in 117 I have to say the Canton boys put up a good show when they started to sing....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:07 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Trololol wrote:

Whaaaaatt?? 3-0 down and not singing???? What about the excuses for the other 89 mnutes???? :roll:

In fairness, it WAS very quiet down there last night (as it is for MOST Games) but even as someone who sits in 117 I have to say the Canton boys put up a good show when they started to sing....
im in the family stand and it was very quiet from start to finish from our lot, :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:08 am

porthcawlcasual wrote:Its a result of the crackdown on hooliganism. Cardiffs "atmosphere" was always created by an undercurrent of hostility towards travelling fans. Thats been largely eradicated and with it.....

aggression definetly makes an atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

"Its a result of the crackdown on hooliganism. Cardiffs "atmosphere" was always created by an undercurrent of hostility towards travelling fans. Thats been largely eradicated and with it....."

At last, someone has hit the nail on the head!!
To be honest I woulddn't describe it as a crackdown on hooliganism but more of over zealous stewarding and overpriced beer lol. Also in Ninian Park you could 'blend in' in the Grange End etc whereas in the CCS you are very exposed to the views of the OB etc and with the bans being handed out for the most minor of offences I can understand why people can't generate the same buzz and hostility as we experienced over the road

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:07 am

Jonesyccfc1 wrote:"Its a result of the crackdown on hooliganism. Cardiffs "atmosphere" was always created by an undercurrent of hostility towards travelling fans. Thats been largely eradicated and with it....."

To be honest I woulddn't describe it as a crackdown on hooliganism but more of over zealous stewarding and overpriced beer lol. Also in Ninian Park you could 'blend in' in the Grange End etc whereas in the CCS you are very exposed to the views of the OB etc and with the bans being handed out for the most minor of offences I can understand why people can't generate the same buzz and hostility as we experienced over the road

On about this the other day, Ninian Park had a rep for being a hostile ground to visit, so did the Old Den for example, but Millwall don't seem to have that problem, still a horrible place to go, granted of the new Grounds the New Den is older (if that makes sense), just wish the CCS had that bit of an edge about it....the Bristol City game just gone is a prime example, the atmosphere v them was always lively, but last week was just like any other game.....I know things have changed, but I just miss the old days, the way football is in this day and age has given me the attitude of I can just take it or leave it, not renewed my Seaspn Ticket this year for the first time in years, and I'm more than happy to pick and choose.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:25 am

Tommy Gun wrote:
Jonesyccfc1 wrote:"Its a result of the crackdown on hooliganism. Cardiffs "atmosphere" was always created by an undercurrent of hostility towards travelling fans. Thats been largely eradicated and with it....."

On about this the other day, Ninian Park had a rep for being a hostile ground to visit, so did the Old Den for example, but Millwall don't seem to have that problem, still a horrible place to go, granted of the new Grounds the New Den is older (if that makes sense), just wish the CCS had that bit of an edge about it....the Bristol City game just gone is a prime example, the atmosphere v them was always lively, but last week was just like any other game.....I know things have changed, but I just miss the old days, the way football is in this day and age has given me the attitude of I can just take it or leave it, not renewed my Seaspn Ticket this year for the first time in years, and I'm more than happy to pick and choose.

This is what you get when you allow the pc brigade in. Blokes to taking their birds to football for a f*cking start.

The biggest problem of all is having the family stand next to the away fans.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 am

I think some people remember Ninian through rose tinted specs. The atmosphere wasn't always great. I can remember plenty of quiet games.
Not sure if the acoustics are a problem in the CCS. i think it would be helpful if all the singers and standers were together (Canton?).
Personally I've never understood the attraction of spending most of the game hurling abuse at the opposing fans rather than concentrating on supporting your own team. Also we waste too much energy on anti Swansea/English chants. Better perhaps to concentrate on singing for our own team.
On a positive note I am still optimistic for the season. 3 more signings needed, all hopefully with a bit of pace.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:46 am

polo wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:

This is what you get when you allow the pc brigade in. Blokes to taking their birds to football for a f*cking start.

It's nothing to f*cking do with women going to matches you absolute f*cking cretin. Anyone I've ever heard moaning about people trying to make noise or stand up and sing have been fat, boring, miserable old (male) twats. You're deluded about the attributes of the male race having 'more passion'.

People are just f*cking boring.

Like your opinions.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
polo wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:

It's nothing to f*cking do with women going to matches you absolute f*cking cretin. Anyone I've ever heard moaning about people trying to make noise or stand up and sing have been fat, boring, miserable old (male) twats. You're deluded about the attributes of the male race having 'more passion'.

Like your opinions.

Calm down luv. Must be rag week!!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:12 am

Ninian park, during the period between around 1978- 2002, when the old Grange end was pulled down & replaced with an open ended concrete stand, were particularly quiet during a lot of games. I also think that it was no coincidence that our clubs fortunes dropped to an all time low during this period.It was only when SH got involved & had the Grange end re-roofed did the atmosphere significantly improve, imho.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:39 am

polo wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:

Like your opinions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats the matter? Didnt eat enough for breakfast you fat c*nt.

Chomp Chomp Chomp

Snigger Snigger Snigger

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 am

What the f**k are you on about you idiot? Who the hell are you anyway, you've been on here 5 minutes and you think you can say what you want to whoever you want. I'd like to see you behave like this in person. Why don't you come to the Ninian before matches, you big hairy fanny.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:What the f**k are you on about you idiot? Who the hell are you anyway, you've been on here 5 minutes and you think you can say what you want to whoever you want. I'd like to see you behave like this in person. Why don't you come to the Ninian before matches, you big hairy fanny.

I wouldnt lower myself to drink in that shithole.

"Hair Fanny". is that meant to be an insult? How old are you? 8?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:04 am

polo wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:What the f**k are you on about you idiot? Who the hell are you anyway, you've been on here 5 minutes and you think you can say what you want to whoever you want. I'd like to see you behave like this in person. Why don't you come to the Ninian before matches, you big hairy fanny.

Your're the one who resorts to trying to insult me by calling me fat (when you clearly don't know me). You're just the definition of maturity.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am

polo wrote:

Your're the one who resorts to trying to insult me by calling me fat (when you clearly don't know me). You're just the definition of maturity.

Well you keep biting all the time, you give me the impression you are hungry.

And your dog looks a little scabby, your not eating his dog food are you?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am

The Stadium can't sing Chief :? its the Fans that is the problem with the added problem that we was played off the Park.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Stadium can't sing Chief :? its the Fans that is the problem with the added problem that we was played off the Park.

Exactly people think ninian park was always rockin and it wasnt and its not the stadiums fault theres no noise its the fans! Im sure some poeple would prefer us to be stuck in the lower leauges but itd be ok because we are intimidating get a grip its 2011 im glad they have cracked down on hooliganism means kids can go more wich means when we are all old there will be another generation supporting city and the fans wont die out... And the atmosphere wont help when half of the fans left when we went 1-0 down i was in disbelief at the ammount who left we still had another 55 mins ffs

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 pm

krab wrote:
porthcawlcasual wrote:Its a result of the crackdown on hooliganism. Cardiffs "atmosphere" was always created by an undercurrent of hostility towards travelling fans. Thats been largely eradicated and with it.....

aggression definetly makes an atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: up here they now ban you for "acting in an eggressive and/or abusive manner" - though they want fans to make it intimidating!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Stadium can't sing Chief :? its the Fans that is the problem with the added problem that we was played off the Park.

agreed nukes,but you know what i mean,and i know at times ninian park was quiet,but i just dont like this place,sorry :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 pm

the main reason the stadium doesnt keep the atmosphere is simple..........because w dont sing for long enough or in big enough numbers

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 pm

i was in the Canton and we tried and sang our f*cking guts out.Important and interesting point was though,we still sang when we were down,that is one of the huge steps forward we need to take.I do also agree to a point with porthcawlcasual.We do need a certain amount of aggression to fuel the singing.Please don't get me wrong i DO NOT mean this has to entice physical violence just an aggressive atmosphere. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:21 pm

How can it be to do with the stadium when Brighton outsang us and in the same stadium????

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:How can it be to do with the stadium when Brighton outsang us and in the same stadium????

ok,not the stadium,the rules of this place stink,no standing,no nothing,and putting the family stand next to away support,and i am in the family stand :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:How can it be to do with the stadium when Brighton outsang us and in the same stadium????

ok,not the stadium,the rules of this place stink,no standing,no nothing,and putting the family stand next to away support,and i am in the family stand :ayatollah: