Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The finger of blame....

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:56 am

.....should be pointed firmly at Peter Ridsdale for last night.

I've read posts on here blaming Darcy Blake, Steve McPhail, Dave Jones etc...when all they are doing is their jobs under difficult circumstances. Darcy Blake is a honest player, he's never shirked when he's been asked to come in to the side. I think he suffers from a confidence problem as when he has played before, he knew no matter how well he played he'd be dropped as soon as McNaughton/Gunter were fit again. Steve McPhail is an honest player. Remember when his form was poor and he came out in the press and apologised for his sub par performances. How many professionals would do that?? Most would just take their money and say nothing. Dave Jones is an honest manager. Yes, he's sometimes deluded, but at least he's honest and says what he beleives, even if it goes against the grain and he doesn't care about upsetting people. Although I'm no DJ fan and at times, even been one of his biggest detractors, I think if he gets us into the play-offs at the end of the season he would have done a fantastic job.

The fact of the matter is Newcastle are a better squad, strengthened with 6 or 7 signings in January, including Wayne Routledge, who was believed to be Dave Jones main targets. We have a paper thin choice, which meant players like Blake are thrown in at the deep end, playing more or less out of position against the best side in the league, why McPhail was rushed back from injury/illness. Dave Jones hasn't been able to bolster his squad because the money we paid for him to be able to was witheld by a lying crook. Had we been able to secure the service of Routledge, and one or two other targets the result would have definitely been different. I'm not saying we would have one because Newcastle are too good for this division, but it would have given us a chance. I don't think anyone one of us thought we'd get a result up in Newcastle with the squad we have.

So, being hammered 5-1 - Ridsdales fault and if we miss out on the play-offs/promotion this year.....RIDSDALES FAULT.

He is a cancer that is killing our club and we need to get rid of him before it's too late!!

Re: The finger of blame....

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:58 am

dont you answer you phone??? :D

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:01 am

Aye, it's upstairs, let me grab it.....

Try me again in 2 minutes!!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:06 am

I generally agree with what you say, but my take on football chairmen is that it is their responsibility to ensure that there is a club to support at all, not necessarily to acheive a particular level of success. As such, whatever happens on the pitch is completely irrelevant as to what Ridsdale's City's legend is and will become, either in a positive or negative way. For me, he is and has been for a long time the devil due to his shambolic running of the club that potentially runs the risk of us not having a club to support at all. I appreciate that is not a romantic notion for football supporters, but I will make no apologies for dreaming of the day when Cardiff City is run within its means, even if that means a lower level of football, at least there will be a club to support. That is what Ridsdale and chairmen of any football club should be striving to acheive, not risking clubs very existence by overspending in effectively trying to win the lottery.
Last edited by saladthedragon on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 am

pay the tax bill , lift the embargo and get some midfield in on loan . Not too much to ask is it ? :lol:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 am

At The Brunswick, and then at the Muni, Ridsdale was quick to tell us what a great job he was doing, how financially stable we are, all his usual musings about the club, when all the while we were in shit street. He told us that Sam nearly put the club under from unpaid taxbill a few years ago and the club have come on from then. How exactly?? We've gone full circle. He has lied about money coming in and I need not even touch on the 'golden ticket' debacle.

Yes, it's a chairmans job to keep the club afloat, so what if he keeps the club alive by the skin of his teeth this season?? There's still next season to get through. We are losing money hand over fist, and our wage bill is about 130% of our incoming money.

We have not been able to strenghten like he guaranteed.

If we miss out, the blame lies firmly with Ridsdale.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:22 am

Yes I was at the Brusnwick that night and I went home havin fallen for the spin thinkin we were goin places and chose to ignore all the negative stuff coming from 1 or 2 posters on Mike's MB , I was still in " Ridsdale spin " mode when Annis was telling us how much financial shit that CCFC were in and others were saying that we were not etc and I chose to believe those that actually " didnt know " ! Now Im totally and 100% with and behind this forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 am

I agree the only one to blame is PR and his false promises :evil:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 am

Not just his false promises but his total mismanagement of our money

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:35 am

Mr D, not disagreeing at all about mine and our condemnation of Ridsdale and clearly the inability to bring players in will hurt us, which of course Ridsdale "let us believe," all I am saying is I think Ridsdale should be judged on the financial running of the club which is his domain, footballing matters should not come into it as that is DJ's. As such, we all know how incompetent PR is and how imperative it is he leaves the club asap. Jones has a substantial wage budget, far superior to Swansea for example who by common consensus have a stronger squad than us, I would ask the question why Jones with such a substantial wage budget does not operate with a big enough squad when others with less resources often manage to do so? Which, in truth, comes back to Ridsdale again for paying over the top wages to often mediocre players so I'm beginning to agree! I hope you get the essence of my point though, the responsibility of people running football clubs should be to ensure that club willl still be in existence 5 years, 10 years down the line rather than living any dream that could lead to oblivion. That for me is why Ridsdale should be castigated, not whether we get promoted, because if we were run within our means, chances are we would be a mid-table side anyway.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:42 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Not just his false promises but his total mismanagement of our money

Yes Andy without doubt that as well.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 am

saladthedragon wrote:Mr D, not disagreeing at all about mine and our condemnation of Ridsdale and clearly the inability to bring players in will hurt us, which of course Ridsdale "let us believe," all I am saying is I think Ridsdale should be judged on the financial running of the club which is his domain, footballing matters should not come into it as that is DJ's. As such, we all know how incompetent PR is and how imperative it is he leaves the club asap. Jones has a substantial wage budget, far superior to Swansea for example who by common consensus have a stronger squad than us, I would ask the question why Jones with such a substantial wage budget does not operate with a big enough squad when others with less resources often manage to do so? Which, in truth, comes back to Ridsdale again for paying over the top wages to often mediocre players so I'm beginning to agree! I hope you get the essence of my point though, the responsibility of people running football clubs should be to ensure that club willl still be in existence 5 years, 10 years down the line rather than living any dream that could lead to oblivion. That for me is why Ridsdale should be castigated, not whether we get promoted, because if we were run within our means, chances are we would be a mid-table side anyway.

Ridsdale can NOT handle money , he's prob a good footballing man with plenty of contacts but he couldnt run a bath financially let alone a multi million pound football club !

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 am

saladthedragon wrote:Mr D, not disagreeing at all about mine and our condemnation of Ridsdale and clearly the inability to bring players in will hurt us, which of course Ridsdale "let us believe," all I am saying is I think Ridsdale should be judged on the financial running of the club which is his domain, footballing matters should not come into it as that is DJ's. As such, we all know how incompetent PR is and how imperative it is he leaves the club asap. Jones has a substantial wage budget, far superior to Swansea for example who by common consensus have a stronger squad than us, I would ask the question why Jones with such a substantial wage budget does not operate with a big enough squad when others with less resources often manage to do so? Which, in truth, comes back to Ridsdale again for paying over the top wages to often mediocre players so I'm beginning to agree! I hope you get the essence of my point though, the responsibility of people running football clubs should be to ensure that club willl still be in existence 5 years, 10 years down the line rather than living any dream that could lead to oblivion. That for me is why Ridsdale should be castigated, not whether we get promoted, because if we were run within our means, chances are we would be a mid-table side anyway.

I think it's the wage budget that is in a large part responsible for getting us in this mess. So we do not have a realistic wage budget, just a budget for getting us into a financial mess.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 am

PR employment background is one of HR & PR capacity, not one in finance or accounting, thats why he's such a good talker.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:11 am

Same squad that battered the Wurzels, beat Leicester lost 1 game in 12 etc.......

You can change tactics.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 am

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:Same squad that battered the Wurzels, beat Leicester lost 1 game in 12 etc.......

You can change tactics.

Not exactly fella as Ledley and Rae were our central midfielders against the Wurzells, Joe's absense is critical.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 am

emjay wrote:
Bartlett_bluebird wrote:Same squad that battered the Wurzels, beat Leicester lost 1 game in 12 etc.......

You can change tactics.

Not exactly fella as Ledley and Rae were our central midfielders against the Wurzells, Joe's absense is critical.

This continued use of 442 is the problem . Any half decent manager can see us coming.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 am

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:
emjay wrote:

You can change tactics.

This continued use of 442 is the problem . Any half decent manager can see us coming.

Not for me, tactics, and our formation are meaningless if you haven't got enough players and have to keep throwing youngersters and players who are not up to the mark in at the deep end.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Allegedly he cant manage his own finances properly i.e WH Sports, which allegedly will be in the news sometime soon again. Is it April? So what fecking chance has he got of runnng a football club? :lol:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Allegedly he cant manage his own finances properly i.e WH Sports, which allegedly will be in the news sometime soon again. Is it April? So what fecking chance has he got of runnng a football club? :lol:

:oops: Just mentioning his company sends him mad :lol:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:43 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Allegedly he cant manage his own finances properly i.e WH Sports, which allegedly will be in the news sometime soon again. Is it April? So what fecking chance has he got of runnng a football club? :lol:

:oops: Just mentioning his company sends him mad :lol:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:44 pm

so bad its twice as bad

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:pay the tax bill , lift the embargo and get some midfield in on loan . Not too much to ask is it ? :lol:

That all we've asked for is a half decent midfield.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:pay the tax bill , lift the embargo and get some midfield in on loan . Not too much to ask is it ? :lol:

What businessman would spend PAYE i find it unbelieveable.............. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: