Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PEOPLE EXPECT TO MUCH TO SOON

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 pm

i was there last night and at times we looked ok but at the end of the day brighton were to good for us.
we were lucky to get 3pts off west ham and we beat a poor bristol city but lastnight showed us how much work is needed to be done.
we have quite a few new players who need to gel plus we are 3 to 5 players short it will take time but i believe malky will get us there.
we lost to a brighton team that are still on a high from last season and are confident on the ball ,fast counter attacking and have some very good players who have gelled together and could well be an automatic promotion side..
if people expect cardiff to walk this division they will be very dissapointed because there are quite a few losses to come until we get settled and have a stronger squad..
i think we will finish around mid table with sneaking into the play offs a bonus so maybe a few need to lower their expectations .. i feel next season will be our season once we build on the foundations malky is building now..

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah:

Re: PEOPLE EXPECT TO MUCH TO SOON

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Totally agree with you mukka

hasnt MM been saying 'we need 2 or 3 more signings"?????
we had no holding midfielder last night
no gunnerson, kiss, mcphail or even taiwo - to sit in that pocket

mason has had loads of action sunday and now wednesday and was only bit part for plymouth last season
we cant play both earnie and millar together in games like that and our passing/finishing needs to improve.

if anyone looks at the stats - brighton oly had a few chances compare to us, yet they put them away.

Mistake for first goal, dodgy pen for second (i know we had a dodgy pen too though!)
you only had to look at the bench to see how thin we are at squad level
it will take a while to turn things around. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I SEE IS THE LACK OF VOLUME AT THE CCS :ayatollah:
KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE