Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The CCS Atmosphere...

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 pm

ok this is my take on the 'problem' as some of you call it. not exepcting everyone to like what i say, but whats new on this forum eh ?? :twisted:

Constantly for the last year we have been having topics every week about no atmosphere in the stdium, which brings back the line Ninian Park was better back then it was feared etc. i mean in so many ways thats correct and back then was great but lets move on a bit from that and stop worrying about the past and start to change the future !!

I mean what are people blaming the lack of atmosphere on theres days: ??

Plastics??
size of the stadium??
too many women??

theres are just some of the things i read regularly. were averaging 10k more fans than we were 10 years ago, surely that would be louder right??? you would think. some guy today blamed it on too many women !! i mean how is that so? is the extra 10k fans women, no, i dont want to get involved in a sexist debate but the club have moved on, developed, grown in stature, and men women and kids all helped to do so.

plastics?? What would you describe as plastic? some people i have seen are calling any new fan a plastic, any fan who gets upset when we lose a plastic, any fan who comes more when were winning a plastic. look were all fans, some more blue than others, but were all fans that all pump money into the club. every club knows that the more you win the more fans you get it, its a fact of football, does that effect the atmosphere in any way at all?? NO because even with them there the same core die hard fans are all still there and there is still no atmosphere.

the size of the stadium is to do an affect of it but i only feel this because of where everyone now sits. everyone is spread out. back at ninian you know what you would get, the grange and the bob bank signing away back and forth all game, and not much from the canton and granstand. well now in the new stadium were spread over four and its harder to get that group to sing if were spread out. some say they want terreces back to make it louder, thats only because the singers would gather there to sing.

i mean at the end of the day the only people we can blame is OURSELVES!! IMO (yes i know im in trouble for saying this)

we still have the same amount if not more die hard fans, look at this board its growing every day with fans who love this club and want a daily fix of it. if everyone on this forum sang each game, it would be a hell of an atmospehere as others would only join in.

everybody knows it only takes one man, ok one loud man, to start a song at a football ground and the fans around him will join in. Some guy, in the queue picked up a cone and started singing a whole song before the brighon game, thats the commitment we need.

if we want songs and atmosphere in the stadium, dont wait til after the game and moan about it on here, when your at a game, take a deep breathe, stand up, AND START TO SING.

if you think the boys need a push, a lift, your standing near the back row, then turn round, bang the metal and sings to a city song and START TO SING.

end of the day, we have an excellent fan base, one any championship side would be proud of, if u stand up and start a song, WE ARE BEHIND YOU, we will join in and we will get the atmosphere back.

lets stop blaming the new fans for ruining it, they no no different, its up to us, the loyal fans, the ones who stay to the final whistle, to teach the 'plastics', the 'women' what a real game is like and teach them how to sing and get them involved.

you cant expect the noobies to do this, its up to each and every one of us here, dont blame everyone else and make a difference for ourselves.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

long read, i am sorry, i expect a lot of people to continue to moan but meh. this is my opinion, and ill be starting a song next game and i expect you all to join in and do one each

bluebird til i die

Re: The CCS Atmosphere...

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Top post Jez :Thumbup:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

KyleV wrote:Top post Jez :Thumbup:

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 pm

jezzy666 wrote:ok this is my take on the 'problem' as some of you call it. not exepcting everyone to like what i say, but whats new on this forum eh ?? :twisted:

Constantly for the last year we have been having topics every week about no atmosphere in the stdium, which brings back the line Ninian Park was better back then it was feared etc. i mean in so many ways thats correct and back then was great but lets move on a bit from that and stop worrying about the past and start to change the future !!

I mean what are people blaming the lack of atmosphere on theres days: ??

Plastics??
size of the stadium??
too many women??

theres are just some of the things i read regularly. were averaging 10k more fans than we were 10 years ago, surely that would be louder right??? you would think. some guy today blamed it on too many women !! i mean how is that so? is the extra 10k fans women, no, i dont want to get involved in a sexist debate but the club have moved on, developed, grown in stature, and men women and kids all helped to do so.

plastics?? What would you describe as plastic? some people i have seen are calling any new fan a plastic, any fan who gets upset when we lose a plastic, any fan who comes more when were winning a plastic. look were all fans, some more blue than others, but were all fans that all pump money into the club. every club knows that the more you win the more fans you get it, its a fact of football, does that effect the atmosphere in any way at all?? NO because even with them there the same core die hard fans are all still there and there is still no atmosphere.

the size of the stadium is to do an affect of it but i only feel this because of where everyone now sits. everyone is spread out. back at ninian you know what you would get, the grange and the bob bank signing away back and forth all game, and not much from the canton and granstand. well now in the new stadium were spread over four and its harder to get that group to sing if were spread out. some say they want terreces back to make it louder, thats only because the singers would gather there to sing.

i mean at the end of the day the only people we can blame is OURSELVES!! IMO (yes i know im in trouble for saying this)

we still have the same amount if not more die hard fans, look at this board its growing every day with fans who love this club and want a daily fix of it. if everyone on this forum sang each game, it would be a hell of an atmospehere as others would only join in.

everybody knows it only takes one man, ok one loud man, to start a song at a football ground and the fans around him will join in. Some guy, in the queue picked up a cone and started singing a whole song before the brighon game, thats the commitment we need.

if we want songs and atmosphere in the stadium, dont wait til after the game and moan about it on here, when your at a game, take a deep breathe, stand up, AND START TO SING.

if you think the boys need a push, a lift, your standing near the back row, then turn round, bang the metal and sings to a city song and START TO SING.

end of the day, we have an excellent fan base, one any championship side would be proud of, if u stand up and start a song, WE ARE BEHIND YOU, we will join in and we will get the atmosphere back.

lets stop blaming the new fans for ruining it, they no no different, its up to us, the loyal fans, the ones who stay to the final whistle, to teach the 'plastics', the 'women' what a real game is like and teach them how to sing and get them involved.

you cant expect the noobies to do this, its up to each and every one of us here, dont blame everyone else and make a difference for ourselves.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

long read, i am sorry, i expect a lot of people to continue to moan but meh. this is my opinion, and ill be starting a song next game and i expect you all to join in and do one each

bluebird til i die

Someone turn her off! please!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

What kills atmosphere in all seater stadiums is the fact that people cant sit together with their mates and other like minded people who want to sing.
In the old grange end it only took a few hundred people standing together to create a big noise and get others going.
when we are away from home we make loads of noise because we stand/we stand with our mates/we all sing.
I usually stand in the canton end (season ticket) and sing and chant all game.
against Brighton i was in the grandstand and it just never got going, maybe if i had 10 mates around me to join in we could have lifted it a bit.................but there lies the problem.