Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Right Wing

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Anybody else agree we need a ring winger sooner rather than later?

McNaughton is having to take on the role of two players on the right. Cowie's starting position is on the right but he drifts into the centre during the games leaving us empty on the wing leaving McNaughton with a hell of a job to do.

Is it worth swapping Conway to the right and Whittingham to the left once either Gunnarsson or Kiss is fit or go out and find an out-and-out right winger?

Re: The Right Wing

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:58 pm

I think Cowie playing there was never going to be permanent and MM knows this and is doing all he can to sign a more natural right winger. I think last night may speed up this process now

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Nick Griffin anyone !!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:32 pm

I think we are playing a sort of diamond system and McNaughton offers the width outlet on the right because Cowie is more than often helping out in central midfield.

I like the boy Mason but I think we would be far better off playing Whits in the forward midfield position and using Darcy Blake as the holding player until the other 2 DM players are fit.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 pm

totally agree that kev is asked to do much and was excellent yet again last nigt for me,we definetly need a right winger but whos out there? ideally id not like to rely on yet more loan signings like last season. we was crying out for a chris burke esque player last night to skin that full back,conway is a good player but i was disappointed he never got at brightons defence more and the ball kept coming back into the middle of the pitch.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Like I always say, Whittingham is better out wide. Should be like this
Whittingham Cowie Gunnarsson Conway

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Nick Griffin anyone !!!!

:lol: