Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MM got it wrong

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:34 am

After 20mins we should have dropped the diamond and gone to an old school 4-4-2. They outplayed us and Malky couldn't see we needed a change until we went 2-0 down.

Earnie and Miller does not work, Earnie is at his best off a a big striker (Gestade). When he drops back as we seen tonight he's useless.

There are other teams in this league that will do the same to us so Malky needs to adapt to beat them.

I felt sorry for Super Kev last night as I thought he was doing too much, he was RB, RM and CM on occasions. He seemed to be involved in too much and he was under too much pressure. Cowie drifted in way too much which menat Kev need to cover RM too allowing their midfield and strikers freedom.

As soon as CMS was 1 on 1 or even 1 on 2 he was laughing as Hudson and Gerrard are too slow.

I hope Malky has learned from this and doesn't do a DJ and wait until its too late to change things or get forced to change because of injury and think he's a genius when it works!

Gestade must start and he must tell our wingers to stick to the wings otherwise Super Kev will be dead by christmas!

There is plenty of time.

IN MALKY WE TRUST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MM got it wrong

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:56 am

no i dont think he got it wrong, we had them maintained in ther e own half causing very little other than the odd long ball. infact when they scored we had them against the ropes.

he didnt do anything wrong, why we lost was due to 3 defensive mistakes which he has no direct control over

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 am

MALKY OUT THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:05 am

Woohooo 3games in and we got the bellends saying "HE GOT IT WRONG" "WHERES PLAN B" "TACTICS WAS SHIT" threads and posts going up i knew it wouldnt take long but the funny thing is its 95% the same mongs who was starting the "malky is king" threads after 2games hmmmm :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:11 am

JOP wrote:After 20mins we should have dropped the diamond and gone to an old school 4-4-2. They outplayed us and Malky couldn't see we needed a change until we went 2-0 down.

Earnie and Miller does not work, Earnie is at his best off a a big striker (Gestade). When he drops back as we seen tonight he's useless.

There are other teams in this league that will do the same to us so Malky needs to adapt to beat them.

I felt sorry for Super Kev last night as I thought he was doing too much, he was RB, RM and CM on occasions. He seemed to be involved in too much and he was under too much pressure. Cowie drifted in way too much which menat Kev need to cover RM too allowing their midfield and strikers freedom.

As soon as CMS was 1 on 1 or even 1 on 2 he was laughing as Hudson and Gerrard are too slow.

I hope Malky has learned from this and doesn't do a DJ and wait until its too late to change things or get forced to change because of injury and think he's a genius when it works!

Gestade must start and he must tell our wingers to stick to the wings otherwise Super Kev will be dead by christmas!

There is plenty of time.

I think you have reasoned this pretty well. I was saying early on that Joe was our problem. Not him, but the position. Their wide men both had white paint on their boots, making the pitch very wide and with Whittingham too deep to effect play, they were in total control of the ball for the first 25 minutes. I agree that 442 would have suited us better against this particular team.

Another problem for MM is that he has to keep faith with Miller (who probably will pick up) but at the moment, it's not clear that anyone on the pitch knows where they are going to find him. To his credit (?) he was popping up all over, just looking for the ball. Gestede needs to be brought on slowly, Parkin is not good enough to start........oh, I don't know!!

Even if Whittingham is to carry on at the base of the diamond, he was just too deep.

However, reality is .....this is exactly what we should have expected from this new group of players at this stage.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Woohooo 3games in and we got the bellends saying "HE GOT IT WRONG" "WHERES PLAN B" "TACTICS WAS SHIT" threads and posts going up i knew it wouldnt take long but the funny thing is its 95% the same mongs who was starting the "malky is king" threads after 2games hmmmm :lol: :ayatollah:

Not a case of 'BELLENDS' and 'mongs'........

No one is pulling at Malky, just expressing opinions on the game. We kinda do that sort of thing at football, pal. Down the pub, in work, messageboard. It's all about opinions. Mine is no better than yours or Malky's, for that matter. And I am certainly not anti MM. I think he will be fabulous for our club.

When the game stops drawing opinions, it will be time to take up scrabble!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:27 am

A lot of our problems were that we keep shooting up long high ball to Ernie and he was always marked by a defender that was going to out jump him all the time. We should have started with Rudy he is good in the air and runs at defenders with that 6ft 4 running at you it would worry most defenders. Also to put a ball cross the field infront of goal when we did have to was pure crazy, even a Sunday Defender wouldn't make that cock up. Also with 2 ready to go into Whits every time he got the ball, we had no control or options in Midfield. All in All changes should have been made after the first goal .

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:32 am

Playing a narrow midfield with full backs bombing on worked on Sunday, it didnt work last night.

We need someone in the middle to break up the play, im sure once Kiss or Gunarsson are fit it will be addressed.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 am

Nobody hs ever been promoted or relegated during August and Malky has said he wants new faces in ....... but even Stevie Wonder can see that both Hudson and Gerrard are too slow to play as a pair , trouble is though Keinen is too lightweight even if he is quicker ! So what does he do ?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 am

polo wrote:Playing a narrow midfield with full backs bombing on worked on Sunday, it didnt work last night.

We need someone in the middle to break up the play, im sure once Kiss or Gunarsson are fit it will be addressed.

Brighton deserve credit too mind, we needed to get the first goal to stand a chance....it was just difficult to break down a very organised team...it happens, we'll learn from it.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 am

Tommy Gun wrote:
polo wrote:Playing a narrow midfield with full backs bombing on worked on Sunday, it didnt work last night.

Brighton deserve credit too mind, we needed to get the first goal to stand a chance....it was just difficult to break down a very organised team...it happens, we'll learn from it.

Yes, very organised. A team playing with confidence.

Im not expecting great things this year to be honest and maybe a defeat will bring a few of the dickheads, who think we have a divine right to just turn up and win every game, back down to earth.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

We didn't have the players to drop to a 4-4-2, Mason is a striker by nature and would be overun in cm especially with Whitts, them two don't work together as Midfield partnership

Unless Mason could play RM then he should have dropped him out there and put Cowie in the centre, which is Cowie's normal position!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 am

Gentlemen,

Let's face it Brighton were a very handy outfit and we were deservedly beaten last night.

That said, after the first 15-20 mins when they dominated the ball we got on top and should have been in front before we gifted them the first goal.

Then their penalty came when we had a 4 on 1 and Cowie found their man, one long ball and Mackail-Smith took advantage.

So there is all this talk of changing formation but the reason we were behind is because we made individual mistakes. The formation doesn't come into it and wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Even then we might have got something out of the game if Conway hadn't missed an open goal just after Whitts penalty.

One of those nights guys, get over it!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:31 am

The ball simply didn't run for us last night. If Mason had scored with that free header then I'm sure we would have gone on to win.

The Centre-Backs are a concern though and Gerrard didn't look a happy bunny last night.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:37 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The ball simply didn't run for us last night. If Mason had scored with that free header then I'm sure we would have gone on to win.

The Centre-Backs are a concern though and Gerrard didn't look a happy bunny last night.

Our CB did look exposed last night and without Gunnarsun in team MM needs to find another player, other than Whitts, to play the holding role and protect them. I hope he gives Darcy a chance on Saturday at least that will release Whitts forward where he can have more influence on the team.

Not having a go at Mason because he looks a terrific player in the making but IMO right now he is like Gestede Malkys Plan B. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 am

JOP wrote:After 20mins we should have dropped the diamond and gone to an old school 4-4-2. They outplayed us and Malky couldn't see we needed a change until we went 2-0 down.

There is plenty of time.

I agree with all that, fair play.

The diamond wasn't working.

Centre mid options may have been limited for a flat 4-4-2 but Darcy Blake was on the bench who could do a job there, if required, alongside either Whitts or Cowie.

He could of even brought Quinn on for Mason, pushing Kev forward to right wing and putting Cowie in the centre with Whitts.

Malky's still working out the system and I dont think the diamond is his preferred option.

We really need Gunarrson and the new lad Kiss back fit.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Woohooo 3games in and we got the bellends saying "HE GOT IT WRONG" "WHERES PLAN B" "TACTICS WAS SHIT" threads and posts going up i knew it wouldnt take long but the funny thing is its 95% the same mongs who was starting the "malky is king" threads after 2games hmmmm :lol: :ayatollah:

Thanks for most people's opinion on this. I just want to answer the idiot above. I was just expressing my opinion on the game last night and in my opinion Malky got it wrong. As you can see by my last sentence, IN MALKY WE TRUST, well so do I.

I his hands are tied to an extent and we will finish in top six but we were getting run all over the park last night and he didn't change it early enough in my opinion.

I am not one of these 'bellends' or 'mongs' you speak about, I have just sparking discussion about the our football team, so..

SHUT THE f**k UP.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Joe Mason still isn't ready to be starting at this level imo, but hopefully with a few games here and there he will gradually get better and better! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 pm

maybe your subject could of been worded better :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:50 pm

ha ha ha hey lets wait till we got a full sqaud and we have played 10-15 games before we start judging anyone.
we lacked width on the right against Brighton....and we needed another option up front, but we were in the game till we made a few errors at the back.lets not panic we have more players to come in and 3-4 to come back from injury.
personally i cant wait to see McPhail play in Malky's system.we may se the best of him again.