Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: If Parkin isn't given a chance then get rid before Sep

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 pm

You're right clubs are banging down the doors to come get him too! You idiot you cant just "get shot" of a player as and when you need too. Especially at the moment with finances quite tight in football. Our squad is thin enough two injuries to attackers and he's a cert on the bench. I'd rather him than Jarvis in that situation.

A major problem, a problem I was so happy that MM identified too. That the squad was too think last season before the loans went back, never mind now. Brizzle had "34" players listed as 'first teamers' in the back of the program, we had 23. We need a bigger squad and that might take another year. But rest assured we might lose a lot more in that time and you can be ecstatic about that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Blake can play in central midfield and it's an area we are light on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 544282.stm

Your rebuttal in no way adddresses my point though, sell Parkin get injuries have more nights like tonight when they cost us.

Look at Gyepes, although i'm a fan I know he's not everyone's cup of tea. Alex Evans is too inexperienced to be used really, so i'd rather keep Gabor for another year as 4th choice develop Alex in the new u-21 team we have and use him next season. Developing youth the right way. Same for Parkin really. Creates a squad. Sorry why am I bothering? :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:26 am

I am sure that Parkin can do a job in the lower divisions - what type of wages is he on?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:00 am

Ideally Parkin, gypes and Naylor would be gone but we need someone who wants them.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 am

malkay has said nobody is going out until the end of the window or loan window, so we have chance to replace them first

yes we all want them to go but theres no cover as it is !!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:37 am

if DJ brought him in i imagine he's on more money than he should be! if we cant afford to flog him then maybe loan him out to lower team/league 1 until jan to get some game time like we did with darcy? he's certainly a better player for it. and wheres wildig??

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

He's looked awful so far and it says a lot that the only clubs interested in him are League One clubs. I'd rather see Nat Jarvis given a chance ahead of Parkin. I do like Parkin but he's 1-2 years past it now. Get rid and find a cheaper replacement who is younger and more raw.