Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is a mid-table finish ok with you..?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Poll: Did we all want midtable before the season started..?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Our 1st season with basically a new side, new manager, new backroom staff.. I voted yes.

Rome wasn't built in 1 day, and our promotion ambtions will possibly take at least a couple of seasons.. I wish some of our fans had some patience.
Last edited by Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 pm

We know your answer, no you wanted relegation. If you thought promotion was 'on' this season then I fear for your mental health. We 'might' make it but it would be Blackpool-esque.

Swansea and Burnley both built over a few years, we are starting from scratch.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 pm

I think they meant they'd be happy if we finished midtable however still want promotion. Anyway my battery is running low on my iPhone4 so I'm off

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:20 pm

We are 7th on goal difference.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 am

Did'nt "want" to finish mid table, but if this is our squad for the rest of the season, then i'd settle for it. Malky do'nt seem in any rush to bolster the squad we have, maybe this transfer kitty he was meant to have was a load of bull.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:40 am

I want us to finish as high as possible and if that means midtable then so be it.

For me after 6 years of the great bollock scratcher I think MM is a breath of fresh air around the club but it will take time for him to develop his team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 am

Of course everyone would like to win the league but some of us have realistic expectations.

We dont start crying that "we should have employed poyet instead of Malkay" after one defeat. :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:00 am

whats the point of replacing DJ with somebody to settle for less??

we replaced DJ in the aim to get better, if not we should of kept DJ as he was improving every season and consistant

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 am

i think this has been done to the death already. jezzy the difference is that dave jobes adopted a shit or bust policy last year where players were allowed to run down contracts and the rest were loan players. ultimately we failed miserably so the club have had to build from scratch again. if dj was still here he'd have to start again like malky but the difference being dj failed after 6 years with a inflated wage structure. i'm not anti-dj and my previous posts will show that but malkys job has been made substantially harder by jones' lack of investment for the future. what does bug me and i'm not necessarily pointing the finger at u jezzy, that a number of the people who were constantly calling for dave jones head are now the ones who are quick to turn on malky. i think that is f*cking pathetic and as i have said before the problem doesn't lie with our managers but with some of our ridiculous fans!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:14 am

thehumblegringo wrote:i think this has been done to the death already. jezzy the difference is that dave jobes adopted a shit or bust policy last year where players were allowed to run down contracts and the rest were loan players. ultimately we failed miserably so the club have had to build from scratch again. if dj was still here he'd have to start again like malky but the difference being dj failed after 6 years with a inflated wage structure. i'm not anti-dj and my previous posts will show that but malkys job has been made substantially harder by jones' lack of investment for the future. what does bug me and i'm not necessarily pointing the finger at u jezzy, that a number of the people who were constantly calling for dave jones head are now the ones who are quick to turn on malky. i think that is f*cking pathetic and as i have said before the problem doesn't lie with our managers but with some of our ridiculous fans!

Spot on!

I liked DJ but last season was shit or bust, we failed, and it was time for change.

Unfortunately that means starting to build again, and patience is the key.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am

polo wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:i think this has been done to the death already. jezzy the difference is that dave jobes adopted a shit or bust policy last year where players were allowed to run down contracts and the rest were loan players. ultimately we failed miserably so the club have had to build from scratch again. if dj was still here he'd have to start again like malky but the difference being dj failed after 6 years with a inflated wage structure. i'm not anti-dj and my previous posts will show that but malkys job has been made substantially harder by jones' lack of investment for the future. what does bug me and i'm not necessarily pointing the finger at u jezzy, that a number of the people who were constantly calling for dave jones head are now the ones who are quick to turn on malky. i think that is f*cking pathetic and as i have said before the problem doesn't lie with our managers but with some of our ridiculous fans!

Spot on!

I liked DJ but last season was shit or bust, we failed, and it was time for change.

Unfortunately that means starting to build again, and patience is the key.

i agree on all this, like u said DJ bust,

im not saying it was wrong to get rid of DJ, it was very right and well timed. however i dont think we should appoint a manager give hima big budget if were looking to aim lower

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

but i dont know if he has been given a big budget, we havent spent hardly any money yet and the free transfers we brought in had to be brought in quickly so we could have a team for tge first game of the season. i dont know what malky has left in the kitty but i know its not gonna be what leicester and west ham have got and i doubt that he has as much as ipswich, brighton, soton etc either :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

i said before the season started that i would take a top half finish and anything better than that would be a added bonus.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:31 am

Anyone heard the phrase one step back to move two steps forwards?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:55 am

I think most people would agree that it was time to part with DJ because he couldn't take us that final step and earn promotion. Therefore we must be looking for an improvement on went before which means a 4th place finish or higher; now with the current squad that's not going to be possible but we are work in progress.

I have faith in Malky to get things right it's a long season and as fans we have to stop over reacting when we win three games on a trot and then god forbid lose a game :roll:

However i would be very disappointed if our target wasn't promotion this Season and i am sure the Manager and every single player want the same thing let's just see where we are around Christmas and we should have a much better idea then of our prospects and ambition. :old:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 am

Why would you 'want' mid table?

I think you mean who would be prepared to accept mid table.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 pm

i personally wanted top 10 but would accept a mid table finish as long as we're still in the league or the one above us but im not expecting promotion this year.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:30 pm

i personally cant see how we can be happy with mid table to be honest...

in my opinion we were tamping with dj and the city squad last yr and wanted him sacked,

we got what we wanted , we had our pick from a number of top managers all who we wanted and thought would have done a better job..

i really mm, i like what he is trying to do, but im 100% sure he hasnt come here to consolidate and build for the following yr.. he wants us to be in there challenging again...

i think we just underestimated brighton , we had the same team out there and set up from sunday ..

some you win , some you lose.. he was quite restricted to the squad he could use and who he could bring on... and we do know that he is trying to bring in more additions...

you can bet your dollar he was tampin last night and will demand a better performance on sat away....

if we all said after the reading game that we would all settle for mid table next yr we would all be lying...

lets start making judgements when the transfer window has slammed shut and that the final squad we got til january!

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:02 pm

No it's a step backwards we should not be happy at all with possibility of mid table finishes again

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm

i would rather not be in the play-offs. play-off final. my heart aint going to take much more. mid table is fine :lol: