Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MARSHALL AT FAULT????

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 pm

I listened to the game on the radio and then saw the goals on ssn, although defenders made the initial mistakes for the first and third goals i certainly think that marshall could have done better for the both of them!!!!

Re: MARSHALL AT FAULT????

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:46 am

cityone wrote:I listened to the game on the radio and then saw the goals on ssn, although defenders made the initial mistakes for the first and third goals i certainly think that marshall could have done better for the both of them!!!!

Utter Bollocks had no chance .. Poor defending was the result of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd goal ... same old story unfortunately

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 am

I dunno, obviously the penalty is luck and he guessed wrong, and the 1st was a good finish, but he certainlly could have done better on the third, and was beating a bit easy ... And when Whitt's scored, if it was 2-1 maybe we could have the motivation to pile on a equaliser!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 pm

math_robz878 wrote:I dunno, obviously the penalty is luck and he guessed wrong, and the 1st was a good finish, but he certainlly could have done better on the third, and was beating a bit easy ... And when Whitt's scored, if it was 2-1 maybe we could have the motivation to pile on a equaliser!

There is no doubting the fact that the 1st + 3rd goals originated from defensive mistakes but i have now seen the goals about 10 times on sky and i believe marshall was too slow getting down for the first goal and he allowed the 3rd goal to go across his body, just my opinion mind!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 pm

The first bounces at a very awkward position, harsh to blame him for that.

Anyway, we win asateam, we lose as a team. Toomuch of a blame game on here since last night.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

It was the defenders faults for giving the ball away and basically allowing them to have the 2 goals. I was a few rows from front, and as soon as they gave the ball away we all turned around and said "there's a goal here" for number 1 & 3, it was ridiculous. You could basically see them giving the ball away, saying themselves 'for fucks sake' and just letting them have the opportunity, not much your GK can do when he's left in that sort of pickle.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:45 pm

I know that if I'd conceded those goals (the 1st and 3rd), I'd be upset with myself. I would say that a 'keeper should be looking to save both of them.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Looking at the first goal on TV you would have thought that Marshall should have easily saved it. Watching it live in the CCS gave me the impression that the goal was very well struck and Marshall had no chance. It just goes to show that TV can distort your view of events.I still think having seen it live that it was well stuck and therefore we cannot blame Marshall.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:27 pm

The tv has made it look closer than it was. 1 and 3 were just down to defensive errors. Does anyone remeber the save he made in the 1st 5 mins from a shot which was found to be off side anyway, but still was a world class save. I still believe he is our number 1 and I haven't doubted that.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Never blame the goalkeeper, blame the 4 cunts in front of him who allowed the shot to get in.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:56 pm

cant blame Marshall at all... this comes from a former goalkeeper...^^

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:05 pm

I think positioning was wrong for first goal, it was not buried into the corner and I feel he was slow in getting down for the shot.

The second, I don't think any keeper should be beaten from the angle he was.