Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnshaw novelty Worn off yet ?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Has the novelty of having earnie back started to ware off yet ? After tonight's showing and if I'm honest the last 3 league games, I don't think earnie is going to be the player everyone was hoping, as I originally said squad player at best and depending if another striker is bought in( which we desperately need) he may not even make the bench ! I understand it's only 3 games in but there's a reason why he was on the bench mainly for forest last season, and I think we saw that reason tonight. Sounds harsh maybe but that's my opinion .

Re: Earnshaw novelty Worn off yet ?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm

I thought he showed moments of class again today and worked hard to pick the ball up from deep. In the first half he was at the start of most of our best chances and I feel the wrong striker got subbed off tonight. Just because he's not scoring a goal a game doesn't mean he's shit.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Yes he's scum lets get him out of this club, Dave Jones IN!!!!!111111 :roll:
Last edited by RFMH on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

ffs :roll:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

he's a pint size zambian one trick pony (in the nicest of ways). has no place in the modern game championship is alot tougher now.

when he left us we were a mid table side, even thne we had arguably a better strike force and kavanagh

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:he's a pint size zambian one trick pony (in the nicest of ways). has no place in the modern game championship is alot tougher now.

when he left us we were a mid table side, even thne we had arguably a better strike force and kavanagh

He's been scoring 1 in 2 every season in the Championship. He's already scored for us and has come close on a number of occasions already. Keep the faith.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 pm

NO

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Sorry guys but for me earnie is a bench warmer.

I said it when we signed him and as ive said prev imo we are a better team than forest and yet he was on the bench for them.& a few months on some how hes going to rip this league apart.

What happend over the past few months that i missed apart from him getting a goal against the jacks in the playoff's.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 am

hoofing it up to earnie and miller dont help. wheres the through balls :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:09 am

jinks-rct wrote:hoofing it up to earnie and miller dont help. wheres the through balls :roll:

Exactly right. I felt some of the players panicked too much tonight, and tried to force an equaliser by rushing and hoofing the ball.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am

Every knows that Earnie plays best off a big striker and always will score golas with the right service (his one trick).

I can't imagine that MM had an Earnie/Miller partnership as our main strike force but he doesn't have much choice at the moment.

To be honest, Miller has impressed me even less than Earnie.

Buts less face it, apart from Aron Gunnarsson/Kiss that was our strongest team against BHA.

As for Parkin, he must be bound for the 4th division

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 am

Earnie has so far performed a lot better than I was expecting and has certainy offered a lot more going forward than miller has.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:09 am

He's paid to score goals and so far has got 1 goal in 3 games ....... best time to judge him is around December time , however 2 forwards from League 1 ( Mackall Smith and Lambert ) seem to have made the step up to this level seem quite easy ! So I dont know ..... ????

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 am

i think i watched a different game last night to me earnie worked a lot harder than most of the team showed great touches and was looking sharp when he had the ball and his skill was there yes he cant win the ball in the air but so cant miller

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:37 am

nicky evans wrote:i think i watched a different game last night to me earnie worked a lot harder than most of the team showed great touches and was looking sharp when he had the ball and his skill was there yes he cant win the ball in the air but so cant miller

Yeah Nicky, what's a 5 foot 9 striker to do when Gerrard and Hudson are hoofing balls upfield all game? That's where the problems started. When Earnie picked up the ball with his back to goal, turned and ran, Brighton were bricking themselves and those runs by Earnie led to our best chances. If he'd have stayed on instead of Miller we could well have scored another the way Gestede was making a nuisance of himself.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 am

Yes i would have liked to see him with gestarde aswell but it does seem malky wants miller has no1 striker hopefully he will give them a chance soon

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:19 am

Is this thread a wind up surely :shock: