Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Mackail-Smith

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:18 pm

What a striker, I have never seen a striker do so much constant running. I thought he was incredible and I am completely blown away with his performance tonight. He showed phenominal workrate but he has the pace, skill and quality to create and take his chances also.

The promoted teams, QPR, Norwich and Swansea have really missed out by not signing him imo, as he would have been perfect for them up front to take the pressure off the rest of the team. We won't come up against a better striker this season, to be honest we lost to the better team tonight and I can see Mackail-Smith firing Brighton to the Premiership.

It's not that we were poor tonight, I think we worked just as hard as against Bristol City, but Brighton had the quality to keep the ball and pull us apart. I think good will come out of tonight as the Malaysians now know Malky needs another 4-5 players and i'm sure they will back him to get these players in. Better for us to get found out now while we are still looking to improve the squad, than later in the season when we have spent the budget and the transfer window has closed.

Re: Craig Mackail-Smith

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 pm

He's the Championship version of Tevez, would love to have him here!!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks mate.

Poyet made him his number one target in the summer and told our chairman he wanted him.

Lots of people said we paid to much for him not i knew it was a fair price. He was pure quality in league 1 and that's why he finished top scorer in the country.

We didn't even play Buckley and LuaLua who are super quick and Noone who is very skillful.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

He is so fast FFS

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

caskey wrote:Thanks mate.

Poyet made him his number one target in the summer and told our chairman he wanted him.

Lots of people said we paid to much for him but i knew it was a fair price. He was pure quality in league 1 and that's why he finished top scorer in the country.

We didn't even play Buckley and LuaLua who are super quick and Noone who is very skillful.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

When he went to Brighton for £3m I found it hilarious that people were moaning about us not getting Goodwillie for £2.5m. I know which one out of the two I'd prefer.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:39 pm

I said a month ago we should have gone for him but to no avail. He was immense tonight.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Was shocked when CMS joined Brighton,after 3 premier league clubs came in for him at the end of last season.

Would have CMS as one of the top goalscorers in this division,will start most games,gives 100%,and has scored goals in this division before.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm

If he had played a little bit deeper tonight he would have caused us even more problems because he had the beating of Hudson and Gerrard for pace but he kept getting caught offside.Looked very good and if he stays fit should get a lot of goals in this division.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 pm

blueheaven wrote:If he had played a little bit deeper tonight he would have caused us even more problems because he had the beating of Hudson and Gerrard for pace but he kept getting caught offside.Looked very good and if he stays fit should get a lot of goals in this division.

Spot on mate. I couldn't understand why he didn't time his runs better with his pace. Even if he gave away a yard or two.

Do you think we could be dark horses for promotion?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 pm

caskey wrote:
blueheaven wrote:If he had played a little bit deeper tonight he would have caused us even more problems because he had the beating of Hudson and Gerrard for pace but he kept getting caught offside.Looked very good and if he stays fit should get a lot of goals in this division.

Spot on mate. I couldn't understand why he didn't time his runs better with his pace. Even if he gave away a yard or two.

Do you think we could be dark horses for promotion?

If you can maintain that level of performance then you will definitely be Play Off contenders but as i posted earlier it's a long season :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:33 am

Class player but I thought he was a bit of a tw*t last night, he doesn't like getting tackled that's for sure. And the way he looked for that penalty pissed me off.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 am

Fao Nerd and Polo

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54305&start=60

Having now seen him in the flesh, guess you can see where I was coming from!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 am

Bluebird1993 wrote:He's the Championship version of Tevez, would love to have him here!!

He was brilliant, fairplay..

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:19 am

himynameismartyn wrote:I said a month ago we should have gone for him but to no avail. He was immense tonight.

Trouble is, we have'nt got a pot to piss in. Are we the only club, who's director's expect to get every penny back. God help Chelski and Man Citeh if their owners want their cash back.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 pm

emjay wrote:Fao Nerd and Polo

cough cough

miller over cms any day

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm

polo wrote:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 5&start=60

cough cough

miller over cms any day

He's practically playing with one eye tonight, although I'm not sure how his recent form has been. Wrexham have been the better team tonight and deserve to win.

Do you regularly check back on posts from months ago? The last post in this thread was on August 18th and you've dug back that far to bring this back up. :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:

cough cough

miller over cms any day

He's practically playing with one eye tonight, although I'm not sure how his recent form has been. Wrexham have been the better team tonight and deserve to win.

Do you regularly check back on posts from months ago? The last post in this thread was on August 18th and you've dug back that far to bring this back up. :lol:

the guy emjay dug it up first.

i wanted to.leave it a while and seeing cms reminded me.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 pm

I have watched Brighton nearly every home game, touch is shit, five chances to score one goal,all about work rate thats all he has, take Kenny Miller all day long proper striker end of..

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 pm

polo wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 5&start=60

cough cough

miller over cms any day

Apologies Polo, I realise that now. I suppose I agree with you as I am delighted we have Miller and he is the key to our 4-5-1 system which has brought us so many good results this season.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:

cough cough

miller over cms any day

Apologies Polo, I realise that now. I suppose I agree with you as I am delighted we have Miller and he is the key to our 4-5-1 system which has brought us so many good results this season.

I think its fair to say 800k for Miller is a fabulous piece of business. Far more value than 3m for CMS.

its not easy being right all the time ;)