Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We gave you a footballing lesson tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 pm

We also showed your over paid players the art in finishing.

No shame getting beat by us infront of 23k :D

Thanks for ALL the points. Looking good for us in our Premiership quest under Gus.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We gave you a footballing lesson tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm

That wasn't a football lesson, that was how to bore a team whilst getting 3 goals. Seriously, if that's the football you watch each week then win or not your welcome to it.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm

you were one of the better teams ive seen at the ccs, very well organised ..

we only have one so called over priced player, the rest are young kids..

we lost 4 players pre season that contributed over 40 goals last season and that is difficult to replace without spending any money.

you spent big to get makail-smith, something of a luxury we do not have..

your squad has been together for a while , we had only 4 players tonight from last seasons team. we need to add depth and we lack that bit of quality at the moment, however we will see where you are come the end of the season.. 40+games still to go..

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:That wasn't a football lesson, that was how to bore a team whilst getting 3 goals. Seriously, if that's the football you watch each week then win or not your welcome to it.

People always say that when those lose to us. You simply can't get the ball of us when we are firing. That's why we romped to the league 1 title.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:28 pm

caskey wrote:We also showed your over paid players the art in finishing.

Thanks for ALL the points. Looking good for us in our Premiership quest under Gus.

First time you have seen a proper crowd was it? Yeah you played some good stuff but no side ever won promotion in August, and how come you seem to know the contract details of our players? We also didn't shell out £3.5 million on one player.

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:you were one of the better teams ive seen at the ccs, very well organised ..

we only have one so called over priced player, the rest are young kids..

we lost 4 players pre season that contributed over 40 goals last season and that is difficult to replace without spending any money.

you spent big to get makail-smith, something of a luxury we do not have..

your squad has been together for a while , we had only 4 players tonight from last seasons team. we need to add depth and we lack that bit of quality at the moment, however we will see where you are come the end of the season.. 40+games still to go..

Tonight mate we dropped all our wingers and had two fist choice center backs out. Infact they have been out for a while.

We have a 19 year old alongside Greer our captain. What did you make of him? Lewis Dunk?

I also noticed you booed Painter due to his Swansea links.

You gave us nothig.

Our lumps at the back gave you 3 points, in the first halkf, until we GAVE you that goal we were demoloshing you, completely unexpected bump losty us the game, a few more signings and I'm confident that well get promo, don't expect it to last too long guys, Gus will be off to Aston Villa in no time, and youll go back rotting in League 1.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

you are a good team but dont get to exited because you beat a big club in front of 23k.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Dirty football to be fair, but quality in the right areas. Mackail-Smith is quality and Sparrow followed by whoever replaced him didn't move away from Whitts all game and we didn't cope with that.

Our 4 man midfield had three playing out of position and 2/3rds of the team are new and only 2 of the 13 have played under the manager for any length of time at all. So i'm quite happy, better team won though if we'd made it 1-0 would have been interesting.

Good luck to you, nice new stadium and a good young manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 pm

glad your a good winner hope your as mouthy when you lose you jumped up dick head was going to say well done your team did a job on us but you know that anyway keep braging :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm

You deserved the win tonight i was well impressed by Brighton and your support was good but it's a long season and let's see where both sides are come August!

We know we are currently 4 or 5 players short at the moment but if we get the right players in the right positions in we will be right in the mix at the end of the Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Nah, you just passed around at the back, then hoofed it up to one of your strikers. A very boring team to watch. You deserved to win though, we were awful tonight.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 pm

their queer anyway

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 am

Dont run before you can walk!

you were lucky to get 3 points first game of the season, that win left you buzzing,
had you of dropped points it would of been a completely different outcome,

the novelty of where you are will wear off and you'l be about as good as leicester city were last term

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:31 am

Hmm, I will agree that Brighton did look class at times and over the 90 mins were clearly the best team and deserved to win.
I do not agree that its looking good in your quest for the Premiership as you cannot base that assumption on 3 games played.Cardiff have been the most consistent team in the championship for the past 2 years and have spent the majority of both seasons in the top 4 of the league yet we have failed to get out of the division.I will agree that Gus is a good manager but this league is full of equally talented managers.I do not know whether you will gain promotion but in this league you can never count your chickens so prepare for the rollercoaster that is the championship.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:12 am

f**k off you bent c**t!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:51 am

milly44 wrote:

f**k off you bent c**t!

home early Nathan :D

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:57 am

caskey wrote:
BluBluBluArmy wrote:That wasn't a football lesson, that was how to bore a team whilst getting 3 goals. Seriously, if that's the football you watch each week then win or not your welcome to it.

People always say that when those lose to us. You simply can't get the ball of us when we are firing. That's why we romped to the league 1 title.

You said it mate ............. League 1 , you should sign Gavin Henson he would fit in nicely with the sun-tanned nancy boys in your team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 am

Ok you won - but in all honesty your team was the most boring one that it has been mt displeasure to watch. I could have accepted it more if we were outplayed by a skillfull attacking based team but this was not case.

And the chant about Cardiff being a shithole - take a long look at Brighton first !!

Enjoy the moment, it will not last long

:evil: :twisted:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 am

brighton played the most shocking and boring football i have ever seen at the CCfc and if your proud of that then good luck to you.

you didnt win that game, we lost it

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 am

In fairness fella, I was impressed by your perfrmance, if we hadn't gifted you the first goal, not saying we would have won, but I think we needed to score first to have a chance....you set up as I thought you would, and think you will beat a lot better sides than ourselves if you play that way.

You can piss off now, don't expect to hear a peep out of you till March.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am

How dare you play with two strikers, knowing that our two snails at the back can only cope against one. A letter of complaint is on it's way to the FA.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

That was a good night for you,did you finish the night off with your m8ts dick up your arse?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:47 am

Brighton are shit really. half your squad is league 1 we dont have over-paid players and all they done was pass the ball to the keeper all game

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:56 am

JW_Bluebird96 wrote:Brighton are shit really. half your squad is league 1 we dont have over-paid players and all they done was pass the ball to the keeper all game

and a keeper that wasted time and finally got booked you will say that in the first half 1 of your defenders were all over earny and we may should of had a penalty then diffrent game then

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
milly44 wrote:

f**k off you bent c**t!

home early Nathan :D

3.15am :oops: i had to call it a day i was totally fucked :|

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Got to admit yes you did

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:26 pm

I was very impressed with you and your style of play however this is an extremely tough league so don't get carried away with 3 games in :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Also your illuminous green f*cking kit was the most disgusting thing I've seen since the Robin Reliant......

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

'you only sing when your rimming'

nah, but fairplay you played some decent stuff, if only Conway buried that chance then it would have been a different game
Machail-Smith is your main threat, and will cause problems for most defences in this league

but as someone else said, dont run before you can walk, this league is tough